President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

The last thing Wall Street wants to hear is “tariff”.

And it was up for the day prior to the announcement from Trump

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

"Control the border" is another thing they don't like to hear. On the other hand, workers do like to hear it.

So, the stock market is tanking, which is going to hurt his buddies at the country club, and the millionaire c congressman and senators, as well as retirees living on their investments. Meantime, the price of everything goes up, which, again, hurts American consumers, but help steel manufacturers. The price of new cars goes up, which hurts auto manufacturers, and dealers. China decides to start a trade war, which hurts everybody.

This is the beginning of what I predicted when he was elected. The trashing of our economy.

The last thing Wall Street wants to hear is “tariff”.

And it was up for the day prior to the announcement from Trump

"Control the border" is another thing they don't like to hear. On the other hand, workers do like to hear it.

When they lose their jobs due to the isolationist policies of the president, they will care more about that than the border.

Tariffs cost jobs, always have and always will.

If it's good for illegals then it is good and if it's good for productive and tax paying citizens then it's bad
Lib 101

President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum
Good, lord. So rather than putting a tariff on value-added products, finished goods, he taxes raw materials, thus ensuring that the economic impacts of the tariff flows through the entire supply chain. That's brilliant. NOT!!! It's flat-out stupid.

Effects of a Tariff: Large Country
90img29.gif

When a large importing country implements a tariff it will cause an increase in the price of the good on the domestic market and a decrease in the price in the rest of the world. But since Trump wants to impose the tariff on raw materials, it'll raise not only the price of steel and aluminum in the U.S., but also the price of everything made from that steel and aluminum.

As for who will bear the incidence of the tax/tariff, well, that depends on the elasticity of demand and the elasticity of supply for each given product class, and in some instances, each differentiable product.

6a00d83451688169e2013485ebb420970c-pi
But this won't raise the cost of my next Lexus will it?

It's already regained half of what it initially lost. Just hold onto your panties before you get too excited about Americans losing money.
Why? Everything that uses steel is about to cost 25% more. A fun, new way for Americans to lose money :thup:

Of course these costs will get immediately passed on to consumers, which always happens whenever tariffs are raised.

not if they change sources to American manufacturers.

Easy way to avoid the tax.
Yeah they’ll just pay way more for U.S. steel and give consumers a discount as a reward :rofl:

Forum List

Back