President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

Got caught ehh? Remind us again how it is perfectly ok for Obama to violate the Constitution and the law and you are perfectly fine with that.

Got caught? :lol:

Nothing of substance in my post changed.

Original:

You think Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was the problem that caused the financial crisis. Swing and a miss.

Edited:

You think Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac was the big problem from the financial crisis? Not quite.

All I did was make the correct grammar change since I was asking a question instead of making a statement.

Though all this deflection from your clear hypocrisy makes me laugh. :lol:

What Hypocrisy? If the Congress recesses Obama can appoint. They have NOT recessed, he can not appoint. YOU support a clear violation of the US Constitution and the Law of the land.

By the way Modbert? What is YOUR position on recess appointments? Mine is clear, they are legal, Constitutional and needed at times.

You want to pretend that because I do not support ILLEGAL appointments I am suddenly against recess appointments. Simply not true.

500 million dollars a year is what I've heard this agency will cost to operate.

Not expensive at all if you don't consider all the other bullshit programs we waste money on....right?
link?

Not expensive at all if you don't consider all the other bullshit programs we waste money on....right?

Link? What you've heard is not exactly the most valid source in the world.

Obama has constitutional power to make appointments during a congressional recess.

Expressly to keep that from happening, Republicans in the Senate have had the Senate running in "pro forma" sessions, meaning open for business in name with no actual business planned.

The Repubs don't like the law so they refuse to carry out their duty.

Silly people. Recess Appointments are fine,but only when a 'D' does them. But this particular attempt could be illegal.

Obama has constitutional power to make appointments during a congressional recess.

Expressly to keep that from happening, Republicans in the Senate have had the Senate running in "pro forma" sessions, meaning open for business in name with no actual business planned.

The Repubs don't like the law so they refuse to carry out their duty.

Did you complain when the Democrats did it to Bush? Once again for the slow and stupid. The Senate can not recess UNLESS the House recesses. Neither House may recess without the approval of the other House.

And if there is no Recess the President has no legal ability to make recess appointments.

I'm in my truck. I heard it on an ABC news report about Obamas appointment. Sorry can't link it. But I'm sure if you search it you can find a more pinpoint number.

And how would you know that ABC news is not a valid source? Funny, you didn't know where I heard it yet you made the assumption that they aren't a valid source.

Who cares. Use the technical rules of the game in whatever way that one can. That is what the GOP has been doing for three years, now they can eat some of their own shit.

Yabut, when the pubs do it, its good politics.

When President Barry does it, its all kinds of bad.

LOL

I'm in my truck. I heard it on an ABC news report about Obamas appointment. Sorry can't link it. But I'm sure if you search it you can find a more pinpoint number.

And how would you know that ABC news is not a valid source? Funny, you didn't know where I heard it yet you made the assumption that they aren't a valid source.

so..... your saying you don't have a link? :eusa_hand:

I'm watching the president live.

Damn pubs blocked this for 6 months. SO sick of everything the damn GObP/Repubs do is aimed at hurting the United States and her citizens.

so..... your saying you don't have a link? :eusa_hand:

I never said I had a link. Glad you can read.

I'm watching the president live.

Damn pubs blocked this for 6 months. SO sick of everything the damn GObP/Repubs do is aimed at hurting the United States and her citizens.
And McCain decided to go up against the President to endorse Romney. God, that old fool will never learn.

Ahh that awesome 'Hope & Change'...Recess Appointments,Patriot Act,GITMO,NDAA,SOPA,Raising Debt Limits,Rampant Cronyism,War,Wide open Borders,and so on and so on...Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Last edited:
Clearly Barney Frank and others in congress missed it. Had they done their jobs it could have been avoided. We have everything we need to prosper. What we don't need are more inept agencies to supposedly do what others could have done without their creation.

You're pretty inept...your customers are deciding they don't need you either.

How's business going these days--as you post on a message board?

At work as we speak.

How's being a complete bitch going these days as you post?

Ask yourself...afterall you're mine.

PS: You're not working...you're posting on a message board while you blame President Obama for your failing business.

Obviously you are the cause of your own considerable, numerous, and abject failures.

You're pretty inept...your customers are deciding they don't need you either.

How's business going these days--as you post on a message board?

At work as we speak.

How's being a complete bitch going these days as you post?

Ask yourself...afterall you're mine.

PS: You're not working...you're posting on a message board while you blame President Obama for your failing business.

Obviously you are the cause of your own considerable, numerous, and abject failures.

I haven't mentioned my business in a while. Funny thing is my failing business was awarded the Super Service Award a couple weeks ago from Angieslist.

You, however continue to be a bitch daily.

I thought the democratics were crying foul when Boooooosh did this sort of thing?

Times they are a-changin'....

I remember the left screaming for their binkeys when Bush did this.

And now the right is crying just the same when President Obama did it.

So it goes.

It was a simple question Doogie, not whining...

Do you support recess appointments?

If so, have you always supported recess appointments?

Let me see if I accurately understand conservatives' outrage.

Bush made 170 recess appoints.

This is Obama's 28th recess appointment.

And conservatives are outraged because Obama is circumventing the Congressional confirmation hearings process?

This reminds me of the moment in "Terminator 2" when the terminator (Ahnold) was introduced to John Connor's Mexican friend, Enrique, as 'Uncle Bob.' His reaction?
"Okay!?"

And conservatives are outraged because Obama is circumventing the Congressional confirmation hearings process?

This reminds me of the moment in "Terminator 2" when the terminator (Ahnold) was introduced to John Connor's Mexican friend, Enrique, as 'Uncle Bob.' His reaction?
"Okay!?"

So it's the number of appointments that matters, huh?

Goalpoasts now moved...

BTW, Booooosh was President for 8 years... Barry will only get 4....

"Okay!?"

So it's the number of appointments that matters, huh?

Goalpoasts now moved...

BTW, Booooosh was President for 8 years... Barry will only get 4....

Try a little division. While you're at it, how many of those 8 years that Bush was in office did he have a majority in the US Senate?

This faux outrage is just the latest in a LONG line.

Forum List

Back