President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

Were in MASSIVE debt. What's Obamas solution? Create more agencies that will put us deeper in debt.

Do tell us the budget of the CFPB for the next year. I'd be interesting in knowing how the CFPB is what's crushing us.

100% of their budget is both crushing and completely unnecessary. We've survived 200 years without all these power grabbing institutions. Now suddenly Obama thinks we need rescued. He is so fucking stupid.

FOCUS ON THE FUCKING ECONOMY AND JOBS

He works on everything except the shit that actually needs addressed. Oh gee, now ill save 3 bucks a month on my credit card bill. Thanks Obama! Jackass

Is someone "fucking stupid" more stupid than you? You're quite stupid GM, as everyone who reads you dribble knows, but "Fucking stupid"?

Do tell us the budget of the CFPB for the next year. I'd be interesting in knowing how the CFPB is what's crushing us.

100% of their budget is both crushing and completely unnecessary. We've survived 200 years without all these power grabbing institutions. Now suddenly Obama thinks we need rescued. He is so fucking stupid.

He works on everything except the shit that actually needs addressed. Oh gee, now ill save 3 bucks a month on my credit card bill. Thanks Obama! Jackass

Is someone "fucking stupid" more stupid than you? You're quite stupid GM, as everyone who reads you dribble knows, but "Fucking stupid"?

Says the troll who has been here over 2 years and yet to crack 300 rep.

Fuck off

Soda at a gas station will send a family to bankruptcy 1.49 at a time if you have to many of them for to long. It doesnt matter what it costs. We cant afford it.

That doesn't answer my question. All you provided me was rhetoric.

Its cause your question is stupid and I dont exist to look up irrelevant useless facts for internet dumbfucks that cant do on there own.

More numbers, less rhetoric please. Also, your argument is that because we survived for something without 200 years then we don't need it going forward?

Clearly you missed why the recent financial crisis occurred in 2008 if you don't see the point of this agency.

Its cause your question is stupid and I dont exist to look up irrelevant useless facts for internet dumbfucks that cant do on there own.

So you can't back up your post and claim with any actual facts. Just rhetoric that government is bad without having any idea what this agency does. Got it.

Nice going Mr. President. :cool: Cordray is > qualified by being a former Attorney General. You also DO have the political capital:
pnj.com | National News | Pensacola News Journal
The president also was expected to announce other recess appointments on Wednesday.

Until now, he has made 28. Bush made more than 170 during his presidency. Bill Clinton made almost 140.

Obama's decision to make a recess appointment is certain to cause an uproar from Capitol Hill to Wall Street. He is essentially declaring the Senate's short off-and-on legislative sessions a sham intended to block his appointments.
The above would be true.

Since recess appointments seem to be becoming standard operating procedure, and especially with this do-nothing Congress, I hope to see a lot more coming from him.

Some how our allegedly "fascist" President has forgotten he's a fascist and hasn't gone nuts as the supposed military strong-man that the wingnuts make him out to be.

It's like you don't know that the Senate voted on Cordray and did not approve his appointment!

If Congress has any guts, they will refuse the funding for his salary.

I thought the democratics were crying foul when Boooooosh did this sort of thing?

Times they are a-changin'....

You bet. I can still hear the Dems screaming bloody murder when Bush did this. It was viewed as going around Congress.

Times they are indeed a-changin.

???

So the President should have the power to unilaterally create new agencies and populate them?

Nonsense, what ever happened to the concept of checks and balances.

Wiseacre made a very sensible post. All appointments should have a up or down vote within thirty days of being made. It's not right when either party does it.

Agreed. For teh record, here are the stats:

Until now, he has made 28. Bush made more than 170 during his presidency. Bill Clinton made almost 140.

More numbers, less rhetoric please. Also, your argument is that because we survived for something without 200 years then we don't need it going forward?

Clearly you missed why the recent financial crisis occurred in 2008 if you don't see the point of this agency.

Very good point.

Clearly Barney Frank and others in congress missed it. Had they done their jobs it could have been avoided. We have everything we need to prosper. What we don't need are more inept agencies to supposedly do what others could have done without their creation.

Clearly Barney Frank and others in congress missed it. Had they done their jobs it could have been avoided. We have everything we need to prosper. What we don't need are more inept agencies to supposedly do what others could have done without their creation.

You're pretty inept...your customers are deciding they don't need you either.

How's business going these days--as you post on a message board?

Were in MASSIVE debt. What's Obamas solution? Create more agencies that will put us deeper in debt.

Thats a long-winded way of not answering the question. What % of the budget are the operating costs of the CFPB? I'll take a shot in the dark & say- < 1%

From the time of the founders, we didn't have any laws regarding credit cards. After all these years, why do we need any laws regulating credit cards starting in the 1900's? Clearly, it's government intervention stifling the free market credit card companies from trying to make a buck! We should go back to the amount of regulations that credit card companies had when we founded this great nation!

:lol:

You're pretty inept...your customers are deciding they don't need you either.

How's business going these days--as you post on a message board?

At work as we speak.

How's being a complete bitch going these days as you post?

You never quite answered what they missed. Furthermore, you still haven't given me any numbers. The only reason why the CFPB would be "inept" is further stunts like the ones pulled by the GOP.

From the time of the founders, we didn't have any laws regarding credit cards. After all these years, why do we need any laws regulating credit cards starting in the 1900's? Clearly, it's government intervention stifling the free market credit card companies from trying to make a buck! We should go back to the amount of regulations that credit card companies had when we founded this great nation!

:lol:

Liberals want more government, more regulation, more laws. Why? So government can protect themselves from themselves.

Cant get any more unamerican then that.

Forum List

Back