President takes first actions on guns and gun violence

543799_593349217357260_1791452986_n_zps3ec81009.png
You swallowed again didn't you?

How do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. If you keep after it, it will soon be gone! They will do everything possible to disarm America. However, if they meet resistance, they will not stop until they can track all the guns. Then when the time is right and the majority is brainwashed, they will come. Our last resort to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government will be gone.

Correct. The lefties are patient. 20 years ago Hillery proposed universal healthcare, it took 20 years but now we're stuck with it.

How do you eat an elephant, one bite at a time. If you keep after it, it will soon be gone! They will do everything possible to disarm America. However, if they meet resistance, they will not stop until they can track all the guns. Then when the time is right and the majority is brainwashed, they will come. Our last resort to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government will be gone.

Fuk. Don't they teach critical thinking skills in the school you went to? Never mind. I know the answer already. I read what you wrote. If you had to pay for your education, demand a refund.

He's correct and you're a Kool Aid drinking moron.

Dear fucking brain washed IDIOT,

90% of the country wants all guns registered.

74% of NRA members want it.

No one is scared of you little boy

Bull shit as usual.

The President has begun taking specific actions to implement his list of goals relating to guns and gun violence.

Yesterday, he released 2 memorandum to department heads, which I will post separately below.

As his specific policies are released, I will post them in this thread for discussion. My source will be the White House homepage.

And as usual, he fails. He fails, except in the effort to expand government power and to erode the rights and liberties of those who broke no law.

Can you show me any examples of expanding government power and/or eroding the rights and liberties of those who broke no law in the two memorandum I posted?

The President has begun taking specific actions to implement his list of goals relating to guns and gun violence.

Yesterday, he released 2 memorandum to department heads, which I will post separately below.

As his specific policies are released, I will post them in this thread for discussion. My source will be the White House homepage.

And as usual, he fails. He fails, except in the effort to expand government power and to erode the rights and liberties of those who broke no law.

Can you show me any examples of expanding government power and/or eroding the rights and liberties of those who broke no law in the two memorandum I posted?

No, but I'm talking about his entire proposals. Forgive me if I've jumped ahead.

None of obama's proposals will work against criminals who buy their guns directly from street arms dealers.

No, but I'm talking about his entire proposals. Forgive me if I've jumped ahead.

So, you're expecting there will be in the future? Let's wait and see if your fears have any grounding in truth.

Sadly for our nation, this thread is turning out just as I suspected it would. The Nutter's won't even read the President's memorandum and make an informed decision or engage in a reasoned discussion.

All they'll do is rant and rave about shit which isn't even real and call Obama tacky names. To them, that IS political discourse. I wonder if it ever occurs to them that maybe....just maybe...their refusal to consider the facts, rather than engaging in juvenile outbursts, might have something to do with losing the last election?

So, you're expecting there will be in the future? Let's wait and see if your fears have any grounding in truth.

If he gets his way and the private sales of guns is required to have background checks then that is a violation of my liberties, and an over-reach of government. Now, I don't really think he will get that done but if you are addressing his proposals and not just the ones that are likely to become law, then yes, it increases the power of government and erodes my liberties.

There is nothing good about a man who would EXPLOIT children in one breath then the next tell people in this country to go after the NRA..

that is you citizens who are members folks..

It was the NRA that made arguably to most disgusting political ad in history by attacking the president's children. The NRA's radical right wing stupidity will sink their own ship, just like the teabaggers.

Good for the NRA.

If he gets his way and the private sales of guns is required to have background checks then that is a violation of my liberties, and an over-reach of government. Now, I don't really think he will get that done but if you are addressing his proposals and not just the ones that are likely to become law, then yes, it increases the power of government and erodes my liberties.

Why and how does that erode your liberties? Since background checks are already required for nearly every gun purchase, do you object to that too, or just to expanding that already accepted and Constitutional idea further?

The President is a good man and a good American.

Another example of the positive side of Immigration. :) ........

Why and how does that erode your liberties? Since background checks are already required for nearly every gun purchase, do you object to that too, or just to expanding that already accepted and Constitutional idea further?

I do object to that, but I realize we lost that battle. Now I object to the government restricting my liberty to sell a gun to whomever I want to.

Dear fucking brain washed IDIOT,

90% of the country wants all guns registered.

74% of NRA members want it.

No one is scared of you little boy

Show me the poll showing 90% registration approval.

It is predicated on a liberal certainty that MS-13, the Bloods and Crips will all run down to get their guns registered.

I do object to that, but I realize we lost that battle. Now I object to the government restricting my liberty to sell a gun to whomever I want to.

You'd like to claim the right to sell a gun to someone you know shouldn't have one? Why?

Here's another memorandum, just issued today:

Presidential Memorandum -- Engaging in Public Health Research on the Causes and Prevention of Gun Violence

January 16, 2013

MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES

SUBJECT: Engaging in Public Health Research on the Causes and Prevention of Gun Violence

In addition to being a law enforcement challenge, gun violence is also a serious public health issue that affects thousands of individuals, families, and communities across the Nation. Each year in the United States there are approximately 30,000 firearm-related deaths, and approximately 11,000 of those deaths result from homicides. Addressing this critical issue requires a comprehensive, multifaceted approach.

Recent research suggests that, in developing such an approach, a broader public health perspective is imperative. Significant strides can be made by assessing the causes of gun violence and the successful efforts in place for preventing the misuse of firearms. Taking these steps will improve our understanding of the gun violence epidemic and will aid in the continued development of gun violence prevention strategies.

Therefore, by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct the following:

Section 1. Research. The Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary), through the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other scientific agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, shall conduct or sponsor research into the causes of gun violence and the ways to prevent it. The Secretary shall begin by identifying the most pressing research questions with the greatest potential public health impact, and by assessing existing public health interventions being implemented across the Nation to prevent gun violence.

Sec. 2. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

Sec. 3. Publication. You are hereby authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

BARACK OBAMA

From the White House homepage, a public domain:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/presidential-memoranda

Last edited:

Forum List

Back