President takes first actions on guns and gun violence

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
The President has begun taking specific actions to implement his list of goals relating to guns and gun violence.

Yesterday, he released 2 memorandum to department heads, which I will post separately below.

As his specific policies are released, I will post them in this thread for discussion. My source will be the White House homepage.

Presidential Memorandum -- Improving Availability of Relevant Executive Branch Records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System

Please provide links for any copy/pasted material, and then only paste the first paragraph or so of the copied material to avoid copyright violation. -Newby

This is from the White House homepage, a public domain.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/presidential-memoranda

Last edited:
Last edited:
All HALE OBAMA

Thank for that cogent and insightful comment.

What's the matter? Afraid if you actually read what the President is doing, you might have to admit he's not out to get your guns or grab un-Constitutional powers after all?

The President has begun taking specific actions to implement his list of goals relating to guns and gun violence.

Yesterday, he released 2 memorandum to department heads, which I will post separately below.

As his specific policies are released, I will post them in this thread for discussion. My source will be the White House homepage.

The President is a good man and a good American.

if being an anti-colonoialist that disparages whitey, then your definition is correct

There is nothing good about a man who would EXPLOIT children in one breath then the next tell people in this country to go after the NRA..

that is you citizens who are members folks..

There is nothing good about a man who would EXPLOIT children in one breath then the next tell people in this country to go after the NRA..

It was the NRA that made arguably to most disgusting political ad in history by attacking the president's children. The NRA's radical right wing stupidity will sink their own ship, just like the teabaggers.

All HALE OBAMA

Thank for that cogent and insightful comment.

What's the matter? Afraid if you actually read what the President is doing, you might have to admit he's not out to get your guns or grab un-Constitutional powers after all?

Guy, Guy, Guy. Remember that old adage. You can lead a person to information but you can't make them think.

And as usual, he fails. He fails, except in the effort to expand government power and to erode the rights and liberties of those who broke no law.

Obama is a liar and a tyrant.

It was the NRA that made arguably to most disgusting political ad in history by attacking the president's children. The NRA's radical right wing stupidity will sink their own ship, just like the teabaggers.

Stating the fact that the Obama children do not attend school in a "gun free zone" is hardly an attack.

Obama is a liar and a tyrant.

That's why they love him so, where would we be without Obama "imposing" his will on the people of this country

There is very very littel in what obama says and wants that would have prevented Newtown. His EOs addressing mental health being the exception. Nothing he is sending to Congress or anything else he wants to do will do anything at all except take away rights and liberties and expand the power of the government.

Stating the fact that the Obama children do not attend school in a "gun free zone" is hardly an attack.

You're right, it's hardly an attack, it was an outright disgusting piece of filth that shows again what animals those on the far right are.

Attacking someone's children is as despicable as it gets.

Yes, we know, only the left are allowed to do it.
When the right does the same thing, it's despicable, but when the left does it it is OK.
The left are better at it because they have been doing it for 50 years or more.

Whether you like it or not, the President as well as the majority of congress have children in schools that are not gun free.
They are all well protected and that is a Fact.

Forum List

Back