President Sarah Palin.

I'm no lefty and I would not vote for that woman for school committee never mind POTUS

Has a nice ring to it. Might be comforting to have a plain spoken person be President of the United States. A graduate of the University of Idaho - not Yale or Harvard. A mother, an outdoorsperson, a patriot, a person of integrity and one who will fight the lefties who are trying to ruin America. The more she is vilified by the lefty elite the greater are her chances to be the first woman to occupy that office.

As I find things which draw me to Palin, I simply don't see her personally ready for such a position. Look at what inexperience has currently bought us!

Further, I see her as a person with a bit more integrity than the norm, but, I'm not willing to get too excited about that either, not yet!

Is she capable of learning what she needs to, to do the job? Sure she is, her record easily speaks to that. However, is she will to take those steps? Or does she see herself as having a larger and greater national impact outside of mainstream politics?

What I found most likeable about her from the beginning was, that she was willing to take on her own party when she disagreed. She was able to stand her ground and rebuke the party line. This is a trait she still holds true. That is refreshing!

She is a interesting subject to watch and follow.

Mike

Has a nice ring to it. Might be comforting to have a plain spoken person be President of the United States. A graduate of the University of Idaho - not Yale or Harvard. A mother, an outdoorsperson, a patriot, a person of integrity and one who will fight the lefties who are trying to ruin America. The more she is vilified by the lefty elite the greater are her chances to be the first woman to occupy that office.

As I find things which draw me to Palin, I simply don't see her personally ready for such a position. Look at what inexperience has currently bought us!

Further, I see her as a person with a bit more integrity than the norm, but, I'm not willing to get too excited about that either, not yet!

Is she capable of learning what she needs to, to do the job? Sure she is, her record easily speaks to that. However, is she will to take those steps? Or does she see herself as having a larger and greater national impact outside of mainstream politics?

What I found most likeable about her from the beginning was, that she was willing to take on her own party when she disagreed. She was able to stand her ground and rebuke the party line. This is a trait she still holds true. That is refreshing!

Mike

Oh just admit it. You like her in her little outfit on the cover of Newsweek...

This is just more or less an observation, it seems that those that are more obsessed with Sarah Palin are not the Republicans but the Democrats. It does seem that the mere mention of here name sends some into a frenzy, and you do realize of course that Sarah Palin was on the losing side of last years election not the winning one? and to top that off she holds no public office at the moment. So to suggest that she would run for president much less Senator, or for that matter her old job of mayor in 2012 is a little pre-mature don't you think? Last time I looked she was out hawking her book and talking with Oprah, and as someone else suggested I think if you went all the way back to 2006 you would not find many people who would have thought an obscure figure from Il. would be our next president and would stand a chance against the losers running mate. John Edwards.

From Navy 1960
This is just more or less an observation, it seems that those that are more obsessed with Sarah Palin are not the Republicans but the Democrats.

The last four pages contain 10 threads started to discuss Sarah Palin. Five of those (Crusader Frank, Ozzmdj, Acts, Lumpy 1, and Mr. Capitalism) begin with favorable observations and are clearly not the work of Democrats; three (Ravi, VaYank, and Jay Canuck) start with negative observations and two (Geauxtohell and Jon) appear neutral.

I will agree that many in the GOP probably wish she would just go away. And many Democrats find her a useful club to beat the far right over the head with.

But as she continues to thrust herself into the political limelight, she will continue to draw criticism from her detractors and accolades from her supporters.

Just MHO

Last edited:

Mike

:clap2: :clap2:

Mike

A very fair and balanced view of Palin - kudos.

She remains at present a very interesting socio/political figure in America. Her common-person approach clearly appeals to a many, while also infuriating others.

Too soon to say what political future, if any, she will have.

What is certain is the fact she wields influence on the national political dialogue, and continues to utilize that influence to great effect. The book tour will potentially grow that influence.

Those who support her will like that outcome, and those who do not support her will continue to attempt to degrade her.

Either way, Palin appears intent on simply being Palin...

The more she is on those talk shows, the more she dispels the liberal myths and lies about her. Until she moves to the lower 48 she will create havok amongst the libs they will be attacking her again an average citizen and the more the dems attack her the more votes they will lose and lose badly. Because when you attack Palin you attack everyday people in this country and you lose our votes.:lol:

The more she is on those talk shows, the more she dispels the liberal myths and lies about her. Until she moves to the lower 48 she will create havok amongst the libs they will be attacking her again an average citizen and the more the dems attack her the more votes they will lose and lose badly. Because when you attack Palin you attack everyday people in this country and you lose our votes.:lol:

The more the quitter goes on these talk shows and continues to divide the GOP, the more she looks like a whiner. I was actually wondering if this book might have some substance to it. Fortunately, Palin chose to be vindictive instead. Good show.

From Navy 1960
This is just more or less an observation, it seems that those that are more obsessed with Sarah Palin are not the Republicans but the Democrats.

The last four pages contain 10 threads started to discuss Sarah Palin. Five of those (Crusader Frank, Ozzmdj, Acts, Lumpy 1, and Mr. Capitalism) begin with favorable observations and are clearly not the work of Democrats; three (Ravi, VaYank, and Jay Canuck) start with negative observations and two (Geauxtohell and Jon) appear neutral.

I will agree that many in the GOP probably wish she would just go away. And many Democrats find her a useful club to beat the far right over the head with.

But as she continues to thrust herself into the political limelight, she will continue to draw criticism from her detractors and accolades from her supporters.

Just MHO

While I agree with you on the last statement, let me point out that I was speaking more to democrats and republicans not, those that are in this thread only. I am of the opinion that a lot of this Sarah Palin hoopla is just that, and has little or no impact on 2012 regardless of how badly some may want it too. At this poing the Republican party has no idea who will emerge from the pack to take the nomination in 2012 or what the conditions of the nation will be that will lead Republicans to selecting a candidate, for all we know that person may be sitting Congress as we all speak and have no clue where destiny will lead them. History has not been kind to VP candidates on the losing side of tickets Republican or Democrats. As a Republican while understanding the contributions of Sarah Palin to the ticket this past election and as I have stated many times, while she has an appeal to a segment of the party that does not mitigate her lack of domestic experience or international experience and now more than ever, this nation needs someone that can not only give it to the nation bluntly, but also knows what direction to take it. If Sarah Palin should get that experience by holding a national office, or perhaps an appointment , it would help her chances. As the moment she does not have the supprt mechanism in place to even mount a national campaign, so all of this is just speculation and in the end if I were to speculate, you will see Sarah Palin in 2012 giving a speech at the 2012 convention and helping get out the base, beyond that, too far away.

The more the quitter goes on these talk shows and continues to divide the GOP, the more she looks like a whiner. I was actually wondering if this book might have some substance to it. Fortunately, Palin chose to be vindictive instead. Good show.

There you go again with that "quitter" thing. It shows the NEED to criticize.

Give me one that quits with a replacement over one that quits and refuses to have himself replaced until the law forces him to.

But of course, you do not see it that way.

She can give charity 1 million dollars and you will say she did it for a write off.

Obama can steal a million from a charity and you will say it was done so he can give it to the needy.

The hypocirsy of the left becomes more and more evident everyday.

Funny, but the same folks who thought George W. Bush made a great president also think Palin would make a great president!

We did stupid once and look where it got us! You really want to try stupid again in 2012?

Funny, but the same folks who thought George W. Bush made a great president also think Palin would make a great president!

We did stupid once and look where it got us! You really want to try stupid again in 2012?

Hey...it was done in 2008....after they complained about "not knowing about Bush", they elected a man they know even less about.

Go figure.

The lefty elite's bashing of Palin and her family plays right into her hands. America values fair play and roots for the underdog especially when that underdog is being unmercifully bullied. Palin is demonstrating implacable resolve and that grows on voters. Though the left thinks they are raining on her parade they are actually pissing on their own. Don't underestimate a woman scorned.

The lefty elite's bashing of Palin and her family plays right into her hands. America values fair play and roots for the underdog especially when that underdog is being unmercifully bullied. Palin is demonstrating implacable resolve and that grows on voters. Though the left thinks they are raining on her parade they are actually pissing on their own. Don't underestimate a woman scorned.

You missed out on a few platitudes there.

You missed out on a few platitudes there.

Weak effort.

Step up your game kid...

One good thing about Obama as president is that he's broken a barrier, being bi-racial, and has opened the door so anyone can become POTUS.

Well one thing is certain...if there was ever a doubt that qualifications mattered, that's pretty much been thrown to the wolves. So I guess you're right

ANYONE can become Prez. Hell, maybe I'll run. Anybody know a multi-billionaire that would be willing to construct, coordinate and choreograph my campaign and my term of office? Anyone?

There you go again with that "quitter" thing. It shows the NEED to criticize.

Give me one that quits with a replacement over one that quits and refuses to have himself replaced until the law forces him to.

But of course, you do not see it that way.

She can give charity 1 million dollars and you will say she did it for a write off.

Obama can steal a million from a charity and you will say it was done so he can give it to the needy.

The hypocirsy of the left becomes more and more evident everyday.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Would somebody PLEASE show me where Palin is forcing her way onto these shows? They are all making it sound like she is the one inviting herself! Excuse me, but the last time I checked, the grand ol' Oprah didn't "grant" interviews...she graciously offered someone the opportunity to share her stage for a moment to bask in her glory. Except for BO...she had him on the show so that she could check out his package.

Forum List

Back