President roosevelt: "the economic bill of rights"

Uncle Joe! What a great guy!

Patton said WWII was a strategic failure for the US and Brits because it left Eastern Europe in the hands of the descendants of Genghis Khan. All they did was trade one form of slavery for another

Too bad we didn't listen to either Patton or MacArthur when they wanted to nail the Commies as we had the chance to.
"Estimates for the total casualties of the war vary, because many deaths went unrecorded. Most suggest that some 60 million people died in the war, including about 20 million soldiers and 40 million civilians."

How many additional deaths would "nailing the commies" have required?
Why are con$ always ready to $hed other people'$ blood?

World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not many.

After the US P-51's destroyed the entire Soviet Third Shock Army in under 20 minutes the USSR would have to rethink that whole "Dominate Eastern Europe through armor" strategy

Patton said WWII was a strategic failure for the US and Brits because it left Eastern Europe in the hands of the descendants of Genghis Khan. All they did was trade one form of slavery for another

Too bad we didn't listen to either Patton or MacArthur when they wanted to nail the Commies as we had the chance to.

Few million more Americans dead here, few million more dead there....But hey, at least we would have "nailed the commies" (presuming we won)

a few million?

yeah?

Few million more Americans dead here, few million more dead there....But hey, at least we would have "nailed the commies" (presuming we won)

Don't be such an idiot. Perhaps YOU forget the proxy wars between us, the Soviets and the Chinese in the Cold war? The killing fields of Pol Pot?

Purging by Stalin? Mao?

All for repeating history under a different form?

Crack the books...

Twerp.

Last edited:
After 5 years on forums, never seen a dupe admit they're wrong or change. You can only hope some independant minds will see their facts are all wrong...see sig.

I listed some of the right wing responses to the FDR post. Just some:

One of worst presidents
fascist pig
interred innocent Americans
knew of Pearl Harbor
wanted to be like Stalin
made depression longer
liberals are lazy
FDR bribed historians
historians are propagandists
fuck FDR
unamerican
enemy of the Constitution
real tyrant

Which one isn't true?

All true, to many conservatives, and no amount of evidence, historical, or scientific would change their opinions.

yep...when you can't argue facts...rely on insults based on hatred....The Conservative mantra.

awww, everything to you on left now is because everyone just hates hates hates

what the fuck do you call the bullshit you guys say? It certainly isn't rational debate. Seriously....look what you guys write. You equate debate with games of "gotcha" and slamming posters who don't believe in the Conservative viewpoint.

I came to this board to debate and share viewpoints, and what I've learned from being on here is that you guys will never change me and we will never change you until one side is Provence irrefutably wrong. I learned that insults, namecalling and painting with the broadest strokes about fellow human beings rule the day. Hey....I know I'm guilty of it....but I didn't used to be like that....I learned it here.

You see, these issues aren't black and white....I know government fucks up, I know we spend too much. But you guys refuse to admit...or apparently even SEE what private sector influence buying has done to the most powerful country in the world...Sure government shares the blame. Never denied it. But government isn't the evil that your side seems to think. Poor people aren't lazy...They work hard...very hard, and they do the kind of work that no one appreciates unless it isn't done....just because "anyone" can do it, doesn't mean it isn't worthy or deserving of decent wages.

Labor is a commodity, like anything else and as such, has a market price. Bottom line here is, just how much am I willing to pay somebody who I have to literally put pictures on the cash register so they can understand it?

Not very much... this is why petroleum engineers make a heck of a lot more than the guy working the register at McDonald's.

Don't be such an idiot. Perhaps YOU forget the proxy wars between us, the Soviets and the Chinese in the Cold war? The killing fields of Pol Pot?

Add up the total American deaths in all those wars.

Then multiply by a 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 or so.

You'll begin to approximate what invading Russia would have cost.

Purging by Stalin?
Eh, son - you're a bit late. Check your calendar and figure out if invading Russia in 1946 would have brought people back to life who were killed in 1938.

Crack the books...
:lol::lol:

Purging by Stalin?
Eh, son - you're a bit late. Check your calendar and figure out if invading Russia in 1946 would have brought people back to life who were killed in 1938.

Crack the books...

Were were talking about history AND what could have been prevented, weren't we?

IDIOT.

awww, everything to you on left now is because everyone just hates hates hates

what the fuck do you call the bullshit you guys say? It certainly isn't rational debate. Seriously....look what you guys write. You equate debate with games of "gotcha" and slamming posters who don't believe in the Conservative viewpoint.

I came to this board to debate and share viewpoints, and what I've learned from being on here is that you guys will never change me and we will never change you until one side is Provence irrefutably wrong. I learned that insults, namecalling and painting with the broadest strokes about fellow human beings rule the day. Hey....I know I'm guilty of it....but I didn't used to be like that....I learned it here.

You see, these issues aren't black and white....I know government fucks up, I know we spend too much. But you guys refuse to admit...or apparently even SEE what private sector influence buying has done to the most powerful country in the world...Sure government shares the blame. Never denied it. But government isn't the evil that your side seems to think. Poor people aren't lazy...They work hard...very hard, and they do the kind of work that no one appreciates unless it isn't done....just because "anyone" can do it, doesn't mean it isn't worthy or deserving of decent wages.

Labor is a commodity, like anything else and as such, has a market price. Bottom line here is, just how much am I willing to pay somebody who I have to literally put pictures on the cash register so they can understand it?

Not very much... this is why petroleum engineers make a heck of a lot more than the guy working the register at McDonald's.

that's where you're wrong. Labor is not a commodity. It's people's lives and livelihoods. Just the thought that people's labor is as easily dismissed as a bushel of corn reeks of elitism. The simple truth is that not everyone can be a businessman or Professional. In fact, the vast majority of us will never be either. We work hard, raise our families the best we can and live our lives. Too many of us have been decimated by the irresponsible and selfish actions by a powerful few. There is no way that I'm saying that the wealthy and powerful have to give up being wealthy and powerful. I'm just saying that perhaps it's gone way over the edge of destructive.

Purging by Stalin?

Crack the books...

IDIOT.
Ha!

Let's review as you try to cover your ignorance:

you said:

In order that we didn't have to deal later with:
Don't be such an idiot. Perhaps YOU forget the proxy wars between us, the Soviets and the Chinese in the Cold war? The killing fields of Pol Pot? Purging by Stalin?

Except, of course, the Purges didn't happen after the war.

Still, purges or no, how many million US lives would you lose in order to attempt to defeat Russia circa 1946? How many, Thomas?

Maybe because FDR gave people hope. And he did give people somethings to hope for in the New Deal legislation. At least a Democrat will do something for the little guy. Ask yourself, what has a Republican ever done for you? Nothing, nada, zilch. Its the party of the rich, told to me by my great grandfather who was born in 1870 and it's true to this day.

Democrats used to be the party of the rich. Little bit of trivia for ya, it was the Rs who were protecting the blacks in the south during reconstuction, and it was the Dems who wanted to undo that.

Old history though

Maybe because FDR gave people hope. And he did give people somethings to hope for in the New Deal legislation. At least a Democrat will do something for the little guy. Ask yourself, what has a Republican ever done for you? Nothing, nada, zilch. Its the party of the rich, told to me by my great grandfather who was born in 1870 and it's true to this day.

Democrats used to be the party of the rich. Little bit of trivia for ya, it was the Rs who were protecting the blacks in the south during reconstuction, and it was the Dems who wanted to undo that.

Old history though

democrats have always been for slavery and oppression of one form or another. Nothing has changed there.

I listed some of the right wing responses to the FDR post. Just some:

One of worst presidents
fascist pig
interred innocent Americans
knew of Pearl Harbor
wanted to be like Stalin
made depression longer
liberals are lazy
FDR bribed historians
historians are propagandists
fuck FDR
unamerican
enemy of the Constitution
real tyrant

Which one isn't true?

All true, to many conservatives, and no amount of evidence, historical, or scientific would change their opinions.

You weaseled.

Both the historical and scientific evidence supports every one of those claims.

For example, the New Deal gave cash grants to unemployed historians. In other words, it paid them off.

Which one isn't true?

You weaseled.

Both the historical and scientific evidence supports every one of those claims.

For example, the New Deal gave cash grants to unemployed historians. In other words, it paid them off.

And no different than Obama in the NEW 'New Deal'. pay off your supporters.

Crack the books...

IDIOT.
Ha!

Let's review as you try to cover your ignorance:

you said:

In order that we didn't have to deal later with:
Don't be such an idiot. Perhaps YOU forget the proxy wars between us, the Soviets and the Chinese in the Cold war? The killing fields of Pol Pot? Purging by Stalin?

Except, of course, the Purges didn't happen after the war.

Still, purges or no, how many million US lives would you lose in order to attempt to defeat Russia circa 1946? How many, Thomas?

And what's your point? WE were talking PAST HISTORY and what should have happened and could have prevented later deaths defending Liberty from Communism.

NICE to see that YOU Karl are on the wrong side of history in defending FDR and his misgivings and deals.

YOU remain STUPID and an apoligist in any case.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back