President roosevelt: "the economic bill of rights"

Liberals are the laziest fucks on the planet and that's why every society that they get control of turns into a fucking hellhole

Whereas your heroes create utopias like Germany, Italy, Spain, and Japan, circa 1940.

Sorry Peach, those are big government people, and you can toss in USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaraugua, N Kore, Vietnam ,Laos, Cambodia, Eastern Europe, along with your facist examples, see they all were dictators that could kill anyone they wanted and do anything they wanted, so you can also toss in Absolute Monarchy in that list....and my personal favorite, the Coporation on Public Safety (France 1790s)..... They are all the same, it's like the new Karate Kid, sure different actors., locations, minor changes in script, but it's the same exact movie....

All these anti FDR posts would have a wee bit of validity if American people that lived during FDR's presidencys hadn't voted FDR into office four times, count em, four times, a record that may stand as long as the nation stands. Add to that, the historians that always rated FDR as one of the top three great presidents, in their last poll rated FDR as America's greatest president. So the historians and the people believed FDR was the greatest, and a few posters bleaping will not change that. But what of Bush some might ask, well he was rated fifth or sixth worst.

All these anti FDR posts would have a wee bit of validity if American people that lived during FDR's presidencys hadn't voted FDR into office four times, count em, four times, a record that may stand as long as the nation stands. .

Nope, that doesn't prove a thing aside from the fact that FDR was a brilliant politician. In other words, he was a lying hosebag, and Americans of that time were all astounding suckers.

Add to that, the historians that always rated FDR as one of the top three great presidents, in their last poll rated FDR as America's greatest president. So the historians and the people believed FDR was the greatest, and a few posters bleaping will not change that. But what of Bush some might ask, well he was rated fifth or sixth worst.

The vast majority of historians are nothing more than paid propagandists sucking on the governent tit. FDR provided historians with millions of dollars in ill gotten lucre. Of course they are going to say he was the greatest.

If he could talk, my dog would say I'm the greatest owner that ever lived because I put food in his dish and scratch his chest.

No big surprise there.

Last edited:
All these anti FDR posts would have a wee bit of validity if American people that lived during FDR's presidencys hadn't voted FDR into office four times, count em, four times, a record that may stand as long as the nation stands. .

Nope, that doesn't prove a thing aside from the fact that FDR was a brilliant politician. In other words, he was a lying hosebag, and Americans of that time were all astounding suckers.

Add to that, the historians that always rated FDR as one of the top three great presidents, in their last poll rated FDR as America's greatest president. So the historians and the people believed FDR was the greatest, and a few posters bleaping will not change that. But what of Bush some might ask, well he was rated fifth or sixth worst.

The vast majority of historians are nothing more than paid propagandists sucking on the governent tit. FDR provided historians with millions of dollars in ill gotten lucre. Of course they are going to say he was the greatest.

If he could talk, my dog would say I'm the greatest owner that ever lived because I put food in his dish and scratch his chest.

No big surprise there.

wow...that's ironic...someone bitching about propaganda while using right wing propaganda-speak. unfortunately, it happens all the time with these bozos...but it is ironic.

PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT: "THE ECONOMIC BILL OF RIGHTS"

"***

“The Economic Bill of Rights”

Excerpt from President Roosevelt's January 11, 1944 message to the Congress of the United States on the State of the Union

"It is our duty now to begin to lay the plans and determine the strategy for the winning of a lasting peace and the establishment of an American standard of living higher than ever before known. We cannot be content, no matter how high that general standard of living may be, if some fraction of our people—whether it be one-third or one-fifth or one-tenth—is ill-fed, ill-clothed, ill-housed, and insecure.

This Republic had its beginning, and grew to its present strength, under the protection of certain inalienable political rights—among them the right of free speech, free press, free worship, trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. They were our rights to life and liberty.

As our nation has grown in size and stature, however—as our industrial economy expanded—these political rights proved inadequate to assure us equality in the pursuit of happiness.

We have come to a clear realization of the fact that true individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. “Necessitous men are not free men.” People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all—regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America’s own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for our citizens.

Source: The Public Papers & Addresses of Franklin D. Roosevelt (Samuel Rosenman, ed.), Vol XIII (NY: Harper, 1950), 40-42

Franklin D. Roosevelt - American Heritage Center, Inc."<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

======================================================

Roosevelt's words convey as much meaning as they did when first uttered,
and they are as timely today as they were then.

FDR... Good wartime president, other than that, sucked ass.

Bingo. Great leader during the war but his policies did nothing but extend the GD.

If not for WWII and him dying we would probably still be in the GD.

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation; We had this before him and have it now. We can get jobs anytime.

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation; Had and have.

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living; :lmao: HE prevented farmers from selling what they wanted.

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad; This has been removed by Big government. so many regs make it nearly impossible for small biz to become big.

The right of every family to a decent home; We tried that remember? Clinton did it and killed the economy.

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health; Buy health ins or save money or go to a hospital and don't pay. had and have again.

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment; Have, in spades so big we can't support so many any more.

The right to a good education. had and have. except liberal government made it worse.

fdr was Americas first real tyrant. The evils he did to the American people should have landed him in the chair.

Liberals and dems should hold their heads in shame when speaking of him.

Maybe because FDR gave people hope. And he did give people somethings to hope for in the New Deal legislation. At least a Democrat will do something for the little guy. Ask yourself, what has a Republican ever done for you? Nothing, nada, zilch. Its the party of the rich, told to me by my great grandfather who was born in 1870 and it's true to this day.

I will let FDR's successor answer that:

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
President Harry S. Truman

Maybe because FDR gave people hope. And he did give people somethings to hope for in the New Deal legislation. At least a Democrat will do something for the little guy. Ask yourself, what has a Republican ever done for you? Nothing, nada, zilch. Its the party of the rich, told to me by my great grandfather who was born in 1870 and it's true to this day.

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."

Omg,

Omg,

OMG and Oh Brother to boot.

Omg,

"I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."
Harry S. Truman

All these anti FDR posts would have a wee bit of validity if American people that lived during FDR's presidencys hadn't voted FDR into office four times, count em, four times, a record that may stand as long as the nation stands. Add to that, the historians that always rated FDR as one of the top three great presidents, in their last poll rated FDR as America's greatest president. So the historians and the people believed FDR was the greatest, and a few posters bleaping will not change that. But what of Bush some might ask, well he was rated fifth or sixth worst.

FDR still sucked. He wanted to be America's Josef Stalin and came as close as he could. He did Nazi Experiments on blacks (Tuskegee), locked up all Japanese (Korematsu) and shredded the Constitution.

"I never gave anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell."
Harry S. Truman

well what you posted was your "version" of the truth..doesn't mean it is the truth
so, oh brother is right

what he posted was a quote....oh BTW.....versions of the truth? you guys REALLY want to go there? We've been called Marxist Communist Baby Killers from Hell by you assholes on a continuous basis..... You want your schoolbooks to teach that the founding fathers didn't own slaves and shit like that....and you want to call a direct quote a "version"?

The truth of the matter is.... Truman was right...and us still right 60 years later.

Harry S. Truman

well what you posted was your "version" of the truth..doesn't mean it is the truth
so, oh brother is right

It is the truth Steph. I have been around since Harry Truman was in the White House. I have seen it with my own eyes.

And you and the rest of the right wingers on this board reinforce it every single day.

After FDR got his first law passed, the banking act, FDR asked Congress for another, a law that gave him the power to cut govenment spending, Congress passed the law. FDR immediately cut government spending including VA pensions, government salaries including Congresses and his own. The Congress was upset and passed a new law canceling FDR's cost cutting, FDR vetoed it, Congress passed it over his veto. So much for cutting spending, well FDR had tried, so he now turned to his three R's, relief, recovery and reform. We are still living with some of FDR's reforms. And perhaps the greatest of all the reforms, Social Security.
Bring on the bleats.

FDR averaged 20% unemployment from his inauguration until Hitler conquered France.

That's worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years

From FDR's inaguration to 1936 national income was up Unemployment had dropped by half was up more than 50%, unemployment had dropped by half. In fact, the nation seemed on the road to recovery and some were worried of inflation. FDR stopped some New Deal programs and the nation had a relapse. Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. The politics of Upheaval.

Forum List

Back