President Romney

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
I have given this some thought and can tell you that no matter who wins a couple of things come to mind. The first is this, "peaceful transition of power" among the most respected things we do as a nation is we transition power , even after the most heated elections peacefully, and thats something to be very proud of, we don't do it by coup, or at the end of a gun, but with the person hand swearing an oath to our constitution. The other thing that comes to mind is the office of President itself, and after over 200 plus years the office remains a constant and still a symbol for the entire world to envy.

Having said this, my take on Mitt Romney if he is elected , deserves respect as President as does President Obama if only because the office itself deserves that respect. I suspect that that all the doom on gloom from both sides of this election will NEVER come to pass as they usually don't, because there is a huge difference between being a candidate for President and being President and it's my hope that no matter who wins this election we as Americans begin to gain a new found respect for the office in which we all own.

I have given this some thought and can tell you that no matter who wins a couple of things come to mind. The first is this, "peaceful transition of power" among the most respected things we do as a nation is we transition power , even after the most heated elections peacefully, and thats something to be very proud of, we don't do it by coup, or at the end of a gun, but with the person hand swearing an oath to our constitution. The other thing that comes to mind is the office of President itself, and after over 200 plus years the office remains a constant and still a symbol for the entire world to envy.

Having said this, my take on Mitt Romney if he is elected , deserves respect as President as does President Obama if only because the office itself deserves that respect. I suspect that that all the doom on gloom from both sides of this election will NEVER come to pass as they usually don't, because there is a huge difference between being a candidate for President and being President and it's my hope that no matter who wins this election we as Americans begin to gain a new found respect for the office in which we all own.

I respect what you say, Navy--but I will never trust Romney as my president. Don't get me wrong; Obama is no prize, either, but I don't trust Romney's motives. He seems to be willing to say anything or do anything just to attain the office. I seriously question the motives of a Mormon pastor in the office. I seriously question the motives of anyone that so clearly attracted the investment of so many, many billionaires. He has always been a corporatist.

The truth of the matter, though, is that neither Obama nor Romney will have a great impact on the economy over the next four years. There will continue to be a slow recovery.

One of my greatest concerns is that Romney will make a right wing Supreme Court even more severely right wing. I am concerned about civil liberties and freedoms; also, I wonder if general elections will even have meaning in the future if more pro-corporate rulings are cast upon us.

I respect what you say, Navy--but I will never trust Romney as my president. Don't get me wrong; Obama is no prize, either, but I don't trust Romney's motives. He seems to be willing to say anything or do anything just to attain the office. I seriously question the motives of a Mormon pastor in the office. I seriously question the motives of anyone that so clearly attracted the investment of so many, many billionaires. He has always been a corporatist.

The truth of the matter, though, is that neither Obama nor Romney will have a great impact on the economy over the next four years. There will continue to be a slow recovery.

One of my greatest concerns is that Romney will make a right wing Supreme Court even more severely right wing. I am concerned about civil liberties and freedoms; also, I wonder if general elections will even have meaning in the future if more pro-corporate rulings are cast upon us.

I respect that and to be honest it does seem the Court has been more interested in the rights of so called corporate citizens rather than the real one's these days. I have yet to see a corporation put on the uniform of their nation and protect it, or pledge allegiance to our nations flag, and have never attended a funeral of a corporation, and yet they seem to have the ear of a Court who's job it is to protect and defend the constitution which has the word "people" in it throughout.

I agree completely that all this campaign talk about how much they will or wont accomplish is just that, with a Senate that is evenly divided, I suspect that we will see much of the same from both men.

My point was that we as Americans need to realize that while we may disagree on the candidates themselves and stances they take, the office itself deserves respect and when we begin to realize that it is not Compnay A, B, C or D that owns that office, but American citizens then perhaps we will have better candidates to choose from .

Forum List

Back