President recieves majority of Catholic vote

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Hmmm :eusa_think: I thought this was discussed earlier in the year & a certain someone declared that it would be nay impossible for the President to capture the majority of the Catholic vote. Now who was that :eusa_whistle: :razz::clap2::eusa_boohoo:

Most Catholics vote for Obama, but Latinos and whites divided
Reuters/Ipsos exit polling found that 51 percent of Catholics favored President Barack Obama, compared with 48 percent for Republican contender Mitt Romney.

I, personally, have no dog in the 'religion race' because I'm a card carrying Secularist. :cool:

Everyone who had a hand out, or is looking forward to hand outs in the future voted for obama.

Hmmm :eusa_think: I thought this was discussed earlier in the year & a certain someone declared that it would be nay impossible for the President to capture the majority of the Catholic vote. Now who was that :eusa_whistle: :razz::clap2::eusa_boohoo:

Most Catholics vote for Obama, but Latinos and whites divided
Reuters/Ipsos exit polling found that 51 percent of Catholics favored President Barack Obama, compared with 48 percent for Republican contender Mitt Romney.

I, personally, have no dog in the 'religion race' because I'm a card carrying Secularist. :cool:

So what? Just because they are Catholic doesn't mean the are smart.

I guess we are supposed to be impressed or something

Obama wins re-election and they act like it is an act from God

beats me

Random fact, Bush received a higher precent of Mormon voters than Romney.

that sounds like a shellacking to me. Add to that the states of Mass & Mich going Blue as well and...

Oh well, just wanted to point-out this interesting factoid.

a shellacking, good grief dots

Obama won by a slim margin and with less votes then he got the first time around.

A shellacking would of been what Reagan did, and Obama isn't liked that much, jeeesh

The Romney camp probably should've been afraid. Very, very afraid.

Your fucking President dragged my Church into his healthcare debacle... you can't have it both ways. You wanted the Church in, you got the Church in. Can't bitch just because you dislike what the Church says.

The Catholic Church does not tell its congregations how to vote... but they do tell us it is our duty to vote... perhaps, given the current circumstances, you might prefer Catholics did not vote... but we will. We are the biggest voting block in most of the swing states. You should be afraid, very, very afraid. So goes the Catholic vote, so goes the Presidency. Check that fact out. LOL

The Romney camp probably should've been afraid. Very, very afraid.

Your fucking President dragged my Church into his healthcare debacle... you can't have it both ways. You wanted the Church in, you got the Church in. Can't bitch just because you dislike what the Church says.

The Catholic Church does not tell its congregations how to vote... but they do tell us it is our duty to vote... perhaps, given the current circumstances, you might prefer Catholics did not vote... but we will. We are the biggest voting block in most of the swing states. You should be afraid, very, very afraid. So goes the Catholic vote, so goes the Presidency. Check that fact out. LOL

my GAWD what a blowhard CG is/was and, NOT curiously, a darling of the eXtreme, rw here. Right or wrong she's STILL a blowhard.

Last edited:
In fairness, she was right: Catholics did back the winner.

She just completely misread where their support would go. But she was hardly alone in being totally blind as to which way the winds were blowing this year.

a shellacking, good grief dots

Obama won by a slim margin and with less votes then he got the first time around.

A shellacking would of been what Reagan did, and Obama isn't liked that much, jeeesh

and romney got less votes than mccain! :eek:

I remember CG trying to tell me I wasn't a real Catholic because I disagree with the Church on many issues.

Forum List

Back