President Palin... how is this even a possibility?

Why Experience Matters By David Brooks

"This is why regular people need to take control....

I would have more sympathy for this view if I hadn’t just lived through the last eight years. For if the Bush administration was anything, it was the anti-establishment attitude put into executive practice.

And the problem with this attitude is that, especially in his first term, it made Bush inept at governance. It turns out that governance, the creation and execution of policy, is hard. It requires acquired skills. Most of all, it requires prudence.

What is prudence? It is the ability to grasp the unique pattern of a specific situation. It is the ability to absorb the vast flow of information and still discern the essential current of events — the things that go together and the things that will never go together. It is the ability to engage in complex deliberations and feel which arguments have the most weight."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/opinion/16brooks.html?_r=1&em&oref=slogin

Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

This is possible because this is a change election, and Palin has good approval and embodies a certain set of values that have never been so evident in any previous candidate in history.

She was quite a breath of fresh air, everyone sees that!

The down side is that she has difficulty telling the truth, she has virtually no experience, and she has flip flopped on many issues.

Obama called it as a change election 2007. Hillary was running on experience, but eventually realized that she had to run on change too. McCain also ran on experience before realizing that he had to run on change. Voila' - Palin!

Almost everyone, on both sides, follows Obama's lead. McCain recommended setting up a commission to study the economy, yesterday - Obama laughed that off as a waste and unecessary. McCain will back off this proposal, he will follow Obama's lead. Again.

This is possible because this is a change election, and Palin has good approval and embodies a certain set of values that have never been so evident in any previous candidate in history.

She was quite a breath of fresh air, everyone sees that!

The down side is that she has difficulty telling the truth, she has virtually no experience, and she has flip flopped on many issues.

Obama called it as a change election 2007. Hillary was running on experience, but eventually realized that she had to run on change too. McCain also ran on experience before realizing that he had to run on change. Voila' - Palin!

Almost everyone, on both sides, follows Obama's lead. McCain recommended setting up a commission to study the economy, yesterday - Obama laughed that off as a waste and unecessary. McCain will back off this proposal, he will follow Obama's lead. Again.

And exactly where is Obama "leading" everyone ?

I mean even Pelosi is going to open up investigations. Have heard a peep from Obama.

Pelosi orders wide Wall Street probe - Mike Allen - Politico.com

One of my favorite quotes fron the article !

Both chairmen are acting at the direction of Pelosi, who told them to figure out what happened and demonstrate that they are on top of the situation, the officials said.

If they were on top of the situation, wouldn't they already KNOW what happened ?

Last edited:
And exactly where is Obama "leading" everyone ?

I mean even Pelosi is going to open up investigations. Have heard a peep from Obama.

Pelosi orders wide Wall Street probe - Mike Allen - Politico.com

One of my favorite quotes fron the article !

If they were on top of the situation, wouldn't they already KNOW what happened ?

I think they do know what has happened, the stuff I have heard economists and politicians (Obama) saying is that the deregulation was too extreme, and that led to this problem. He advocates smart regulation, which is not to be confused with over regulation.

Where Obama leads people is obvious - He leads by example, and by words. His positions have led to shifts in every campaign to emulate his, and even the president starts to do what Obama has been calling for, for months and more. McCain will no longer be saying things like "I'm basically a deregulator" because he sees that this is not the right position at this time. His message will begin to follow Obama's, calling for some regulation where appropriate.

In other words, Obama's 'judgment rating' seems pretty good, if eventual consensus among the yukkity-yuks is used as a measure of judgment (or leadership, for that matter.)

If McCain was the leader, Obama would have ditched the change message, ditched the diplomacy message, taken on more of McCain's stances. Instead, McCain follows Obama, even getting his very own rock star to run with. :) <wicked>

Last edited:
I think they do know what has happened, the stuff I have heard economists and politicians (Obama) saying is that the deregulation was too extreme, and that led to this problem. He advocates smart regulation, which is not to be confused with over regulation.

Where Obama leads people is obvious - He leads by example, and by words. His positions have led to shifts in every campaign to emulate his, and even the president starts to do what Obama has been calling for, for months and more. McCain will no longer be saying things like "I'm basically a deregulator" because he sees that this is not the right position at this time. His message will begin to follow Obama's, calling for some regulation where appropriate.

In other words, Obama's 'judgment rating' seems pretty good, if eventual consensus among the yukkity-yuks is used as a measure of judgment (or leadership, for that matter.)

If McCain was the leader, Obama would have ditched the change message, ditched the diplomacy message, taken on more of McCain's stances. Instead, McCain follows Obama, even getting his very own rock star to run with. :) <wicked>

I think the deregulation was a good idea but someone needed to be watching to make sure it didnt get out of control. Promoting first time home buying is great but it got out of hand and for that EVERYONE is responsible, including the consumers.

I think the deregulation was a good idea but someone needed to be watching to make sure it didnt get out of control. Promoting first time home buying is great but it got out of hand and for that EVERYONE is responsible, including the consumers.

For sure.

Apparently not or Pelosi wouldn't have said

figure out what happened and demonstrate that they are on top of the situation, the officials said.

Being "basically a deregulator" is far from saying you want to completely to away with them.

Obama is leading by example on the monetary crisis ? What is he doing and where is he doing it ? Sorry I'm not seeing him lead anywhere.

She's not running for President. Duh.

You are an administrator of the forum and you are saying that there is no possibility (read thread title) that Sarah Palin could become President of the US?

Admittedly it is a longshot...as I simply cant imagine the american public being impressed by the elderly midget McCain ...and even if they were..it would require the death of this elderly midget for Palin to become president.

However.... all VP candidates are technically running for President....

So Gunny you are so desperately wrong on both counts.

Failing to read the original post and in your statement that she is not running for president.

Surely only in the US could someone as clearly ignorant, uneducated, untravelled and inexperienced...be potentially an elderly heartbeat away from running the country?

Could you imagine this hillbilly trying to deal with world leaders...they would laugh her out of the room.

Wait a minute... they did that with bushretard also...

However although GW... had no interest in politics and didnt have a clue what was going on... he still doesnt come across as ignorant and dazed as Palin.

President Palin could be catastrophic...imagine the US being more of a laughing stock than they are now.... i know its hard to believe...but Palin the hillbilly would make this so.

Jon Stewart said, "Did this woman win a contest or something?"

I had the exact same thought.

I like this one...because that is exactly how it seems. She seems so massively out of her depth... she can only be another stooge like GW>

Having said that ... McCain looks completely out of his depth also.... has there ever been a US presidential candidate with less poise, presence or charisma?

Could you imagine this elderly midget being the representative of the US in the world today?

Surely only in the US could someone as clearly ignorant, uneducated, untravelled and inexperienced...be potentially an elderly heartbeat away from running the country?

Could you imagine this hillbilly trying to deal with world leaders...they would laugh her out of the room.

Wait a minute... they did that with bushretard also...

However although GW... had no interest in politics and didnt have a clue what was going on... he still doesnt come across as ignorant and dazed as Palin.

President Palin could be catastrophic...imagine the US being more of a laughing stock than they are now.... i know its hard to believe...but Palin the hillbilly would make this so.

ty for the input Mikey---I'll tell my friends !

Forum List

Back