President Obama's stunning ignorance of constitutional law

Obama has also forgotten US v. Lopez. A post-New Deal Supreme Court decision which limited Congress's power under the Commerce Clause.

But that isn't surprising he has that blind spot since it was a gun control case.

Last edited:
I think maybe Obama did sleep through some of his time studying Constitutional law:eusa_whistle:

The Man Who Knew Too Little - WSJ.com
At an appearance this afternoon, a reporter asked Obama a question following up on yesterday's comments: "Mr. President, you said yesterday that it would be 'unprecedented' for a Supreme Court to overturn laws passed by an elected Congress. But that is exactly what the court's done during its entire existence. If the court were to overturn the individual mandate, what would you do, or propose to do, for the 30 million people who wouldn't have health care after that ruling?"

Obama's answer to the question was that he expects to win in court, and "as a consequence, we're not spending a whole bunch of time planning for contingencies." He went on to talk at some length about the "human element"--that is, people who would supposedly suffer in the absence of ObamaCare. Message: Obama cares, though not enough to spend "a whole bunch of time planning for contingencies."

But in citing Lochner, the president showed himself to be in over his head.

The full name of the case, Lochner v. New York, should be a sufficient tip-off. In Lochner the court invalidated a state labor regulation on the ground that it violated the "liberty of contract," which the court held was an aspect of liberty protected by the 14th Amendment's Due Process Clause. (The legal doctrine at issue, "substantive due process," refers to the meaning of "life, liberty and property" under the Due Process Clause.)

Lochner, which was effectively reversed in a series of post-New Deal decisions, did not involve a federal law--contrary to the president's claim--and thus had nothing to do with the Commerce Clause, which concerns only the powers of Congress.

I dont think he attended one day of college, but that's just my opinion. I think he is straight up manchurian.

Ok, and thus the 9/11 conspriacy connection. :doubt:

I think maybe Obama did sleep through some of his time studying Constitutional law:eusa_whistle:
....Yet, whuppin' Mitt Romney's ass, in November, won't (even) qualify as a walk-in-the-park, for him!!

What's that say about the "field" o' Republican-candidates, this-time-around??!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

I don't care if everyone else in the world pays half as much as we do for healthcare, this Obamacare is an abomination and I'd be HAPPY to pay more out of my own pocket to see it fail.

Obama is a fraud. Many of us knew it in 08 but he was a slick talker and way too many fell for his BS.

This man is no constitutional scholar. He is a fraud and he is proving it every day except to his loyal ass licking base..........

Obama is a fraud. Many of us knew it in 08 but he was a slick talker and way too many fell for his BS.

This man is no constitutional scholar. He is a fraud and he is proving it every day except to his loyal ass licking base..........

Do I have to be in the "Loyal Ass Licking Base", for me to have the first blackman lick my ass? Mr Jolly?

the right in this country has lost its mind and ability to judge fairly anything.
Speaking of "stunning ignorance" ...

No doubt obama is just as stunningly ignorant.

How much does he believe his delusions? If he really believes them, doesn't he have a duty to remove these incompetent justices and impeach them? If Romney is exhibiting "madness" and treason, doesn't obama have a duty to arrest him? Doesn't the Department of Justice have an obligation to arrest Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and all the rest?

obama doesn't even belive his own shit.
I don't believe for a second that Obama's ignorant. Every first year law student takes a mandatory year of constitutional law. Every attorney admitted to the bar in the US takes another crash course in it.

It's not that he doesn't know what it says. He's just like every other politician in that he uses what he needs of it to get done what he wants and ignores the rest of it if it may hinder him.

The real blame lies with the electorate. We've been ignorant of our own Constitution for too long, and have elected politicians who were more than happy to take advantage of that ignorance. Hell, politicians nowadays openly show contempt for it and suffer no repercussions whatsoever!

Blame lies with Obama, sure. But he's merely an opportunist. We lost this Republic when we became ignorant of its foundation.

Obama is well aware of the constitution. The problem is that he told everyone he was going to transform america and people just didn't see through what he meant and they still don't grasp it. He wants to trasform our country and lives into the way he was trained to think and do. He is thrieving on power and is taking advantage of it. He wants 4 more years to complete transformation of america and our lives.......are you going to give him that 4 more years and cause all of us to suffer. I hope not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

Well didnt he study the law of the 57 united states? err I mean 59 states, he still has'nt visited Alsaka and Hawahi.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back