President Obamas Priorities

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
Reading the crawler, it says President Obama wants the American people to get behind an Constitutional Amendment over turning Citizens United, or something like that.

Is that his big news for today, this week or this month? I guess he's worried more about silencing critics and taking away their First Amendment rights than possibly asking the people of the United States to get behind a Balanced Budget Amendment.

I can't wait until President Obama is voted out of office. The man is bad for this country.

Hmm, smart move on the presidents part.

Taking away the rights of people is smart?

Citizen United is a controversial ruling and is hated by Obamas base. Promising something that will motivate the base is smart.

Personally I dislike the ruling, however I'm not sure an admendment is the way to fix it besides the fact that admendments are all but impossible to pass.

Reading the crawler, it says President Obama wants the American people to get behind an Constitutional Amendment over turning Citizens United, or something like that.

Is that his big news for today, this week or this month? I guess he's worried more about silencing critics and taking away their First Amendment rights than possibly asking the people of the United States to get behind a Balanced Budget Amendment.

I can't wait until President Obama is voted out of office. The man is bad for this country.

He's never been thinking about the country...just his own personal agenda.

A Constitutional Amendment ain't going to do the trick, you need 35 states to ratify an amendment and these days that don't look likely. A CA also has to have a 2/3 majority vote for it in the Senate, right? And even then the SCOTUS could strike it down. You'd need a different group of justices with a liberal majority, which could happen if Obama is re-elected. Assuming he could get the Senate to confirm a liberal justice to replace a conservative one.

Nope, libs are gonna have to suck it up - Citizens United ain't going away anytime soon.

Hmm, smart move on the presidents part.

Taking away the rights of people is smart?

Citizen United is a controversial ruling and is hated by Obamas base. Promising something that will motivate the base is smart.

Personally I dislike the ruling, however I'm not sure an admendment is the way to fix it besides the fact that admendments are all but impossible to pass.

It won't motivate his base, they can't afford to listen to him anymore.

Forum List

Back