President Obama wants to tell you something , will you listen?

Bush spent into things like a protracted war in two countries.

He then handed out money to the banks without the proper safeguards.

I was never against the bank bailouts ,I was against giving the banks and paulsen free control of the money because I was affraid they would line their pockets. They did.

Obama voted for it. To pretend he isnt responsible would be to ignore the fact that he had a responsibility before hand.

The economy tanked when Obama started taking the lead in the Presidential race. It's not a coincidence. If there is a depression it's his.

The Rs didnt listen to the dems at all now did they?

That is why we have this huge mess.

Yeah of course. Ignoring Barney Franks and Chris Dodds repeated claims that there was no problem with sub prime mortgages and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac totally screwed up the economy. If we had only ignored the Republicans wanting to fix the problems and listened to the Democrats we wouldnt have seen the sub prime loans collapse. Of course! Why didnt we all see it?!

Neither party has listened to the other in a long time. Why expect that to change now? Truth is, Obama is no different than Jr. was, except for the party name.

I bet Jr.'s people paid their taxes! :eusa_whistle:

But what other crimes did they commit? Fact of the matter, NO politician I have seen is innocent. Really, looking for gay prostitutes in a public bathroom is legal how?

What other crimes DID they commit? Name them.

I bet Jr.'s people paid their taxes! :eusa_whistle:

But what other crimes did they commit? Fact of the matter, NO politician I have seen is innocent. Really, looking for gay prostitutes in a public bathroom is legal how?

Even when facts are there you ignore them, what is the point of me saying them over what we have already seen published, aired, or otherwise repeated over and over again. You will still ignore it because it doesn't fit in your fantasy. NO politician is innocent of some crime, and most commit more crimes while in office than any other time in their lives. To deny this fact is just denying reality. Also, just because a few haven't gotten caught doesn't mean those few are innocent.

The FDR new deal pulled us out of a depression. This plan has a real life success validation.

The tax cuts are ther to Please the republicans guys, its what they were fighting for. Go read McCains alternative ,its ALL tax cuts.

Doing nothing will bring disastor and nearly every expert agrees on that.

Railing Against the Rich: A Great American Tradition - WSJ.com

excerps......

Franklin Roosevelt himself, trying to steal the thunder of the populists, proposed the so-called "soak-the-rich" tax, passed in 1935, which targeted high corporate salaries and investment income, even though it did little to increase government revenues or reduce the real wealth of those required to pay.
The Great Depression of the 1930s created hardship and suffering among millions of Americans. It also created populist resentment of elites. Among the many signs of this anger was the astonishing popularity of Huey P. Long, governor of Louisiana and then U.S. senator, a figure so dominant in his own state that his enemies called him a dictator. But to the ordinary people of Louisiana -- and later to millions of ordinary people across the U.S. -- Mr. Long was a heroic figure, fighting for the "common man" and challenging the right of elites to monopolize power and wealth.

His goal, he claimed, was a radical redistribution of wealth. Every needy American would receive a "household estate" of $5,000 (almost $80,000 in 2008 dollars), an annual wage of $2,500 ($40,000 in 2008 dollars), and other benefits. This great boon would be financed by high taxes on people making over $1 million. There would be an $8 million cap, with everything above that confiscated for redistribution.

Franklin Roosevelt himself, trying to steal the thunder of the populists, proposed the so-called "soak-the-rich" tax, passed in 1935, which targeted high corporate salaries and investment income, even though it did little to increase government revenues or reduce the real wealth of those required to pay.

In the end, this powerful, anti-capitalist populism had relatively little impact on economic life. Mr. Long was assassinated in 1935. Mr. Sinclair lost his election. Father Coughlin and Dr. Townsend joined forces in a third-party presidential challenge in 1936, an effort that received less than 2% of the vote in an election Roosevelt won by a landslide. Few New Deal measures bore any significant relationship to the proposals from these populist movements, although some historians believe that the Townsend Plan helped spur passage of the 1935 Social Security Act. A few years later, the New Deal abandoned its anti-business rhetoric in the face of a deepening recession. Instead, the government began to embrace Keynesian solutions, which promised economic growth through increased government spending, a strategy that required no significant intrusion into the prerogatives of capitalists.

Even when facts are there you ignore them, what is the point of me saying them over what we have already seen published, aired, or otherwise repeated over and over again. You will still ignore it because it doesn't fit in your fantasy. NO politician is innocent of some crime, and most commit more crimes while in office than any other time in their lives. To deny this fact is just denying reality. Also, just because a few haven't gotten caught doesn't mean those few are innocent.

To the best of my knowledge, I've not ignored your posts. TM's yes, your's no.

I don't know what to say, every job that is created by this plan will cost 170,000, or in that range.Our economy is so complex I don't think anyone full understands it.

I agree. While there have been nods to that truth, still both parties want to do this stimulus. Why? I'm unsure about the Republicans, probably just want to suck pork or 'bring home bacon'. The Dems seem to have a more visionary reason, thanks Emanuel, "Never waste a crisis..." They see potential. If they lead us into a depression, well who better to 'save us'? Worked for FDR.

If this turns out to be a depression ( some experts already say it is) it will have been created before Obama took office.

Trying to pin this mess on Obama is completely dishonest.

Funny stuff. Congress (which Obama was a part of) helped create the economy crisis. He aint getting out of nothing...sorry

so what crimes has the obamalama committed doyathink? :eusa_pray:

If I'm missing something, apologies in advance. You are ignoring what is happening now. From stimulus, to appointments.

Think he has paid all his taxes Willow? I think he needs to be audited

Think he has paid all his taxes Willow? I think he needs to be audited

I swear to god almighty if dem dems would pay their taxes this recession would be over!

The partisans wont even listen and then they think somehow we sould listen to them?

Maybe the people won the majority should just fix things and ignore the people who got us into this.

It takes a partisan to try and push this crap. It doesn't require a partisan to not listen to it. Just someone that's tired of the same empty promises.

If the Democrats are so much smarter than Republicans, WHY is it they are doing the same thing Bush did?

The partisans wont even listen and then they think somehow we sould listen to them?

Maybe the people won the majority should just fix things and ignore the people who got us into this.

It takes a partisan to try and push this crap. It doesn't require a partisan to not listen to it. Just someone that's tired of the same empty promises.

If the Democrats are so much smarter than Republicans, WHY is it they are doing the same thing Bush did?
um, slight correction, this is what Bush did multiplied

Annie, was not ignoring you queries ... just wasn't online at the time you posted them. Okay, so half my reason wasn't for you specifically, but the other half does still apply. Finding all the crimes for all the politicians for either side for the past 8 years would be a huge amount of time, unless I just quoted some moronic liberal or conservative site that will try to make the other side look worse anyway and just are not reliable. Also, it would be repeating all the news that has been printed or aired already. So ... it's just kinda pointless.

Forum List

Back