President Obama to hold news conference

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Shocking, I know.

President Obama to hold news conference - Politics - White House - msnbc.com
NBC, msnbc.com and news services

WASHINGTON — A day after sending Congress a $3.73 trillion budget, President Obama will hold a news conference on Tuesday, a senior official told NBC News.

On Monday, the president offered a budget plan that holds out the prospect of eventually bringing deficits under control through spending cuts and tax increases.

But the fiscal blueprint largely ignores his own deficit commission's view that the nation is imperiled unless huge entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare are slashed.

Obama called his new budget one of "tough choices and sacrifices," but most of those cuts would be held off until after the end of his first term. It was harshly criticized by Republicans, who said it was far too timid.

Read the full budget (.pdf)

Overall, Obama proposed trimming the deficits by $1.1 trillion over a decade. The administration is projecting that the deficit will hit an all-time high of $1.65 trillion this year and then drop sharply to $1.1 trillion in 2012, with an expected improvement in the economy and as reductions in Social Security withholding and business taxes expire.

Obama's 2012 budget would actually add $8 billion to the projected deficit for that year because the bulk of the savings he would achieve through a freeze in many domestic programs would be devoted to increased spending in areas Obama considers priorities, such as education, clean energy and high-speed rail.

The funny part about this story is that many liberals are trying to convince the world that he's not a liberal, that he's some kind of centrist. :doubt:

Well, he said that's what folks like us are doing at home. We're cutting our spending while at the same time ... 'investing' in our future.

Investing
Investing
Investing
Investing

Watching it now. Something is off. What is wrong with the picture.

OH!!! NO TELEPROMPTER!!!!! WTF!!???

And now he's taking questions!!!!!!

Holy Hell!!!! Is Planet X and the Mayans coming back? Whoa! A pig just flew over my house!!! The devil is buying hand warmers and frost bite medication!!!!

Watching it now. Something is off. What is wrong with the picture.

OH!!! NO TELEPROMPTER!!!!! WTF!!???

And now he's taking questions!!!!!!

Holy Hell!!!! Is Planet X and the Mayans coming back? Whoa! A pig just flew over my house!!! The devil is buying hand warmers and frost bite medication!!!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you support going deeper into debt?

And b/c I don't, you think I'm some nut that cares about the prompters and a few odd ball conspiracies?

odd

B/c it's no theory that we will soon be owing more than we can pay.

Why does CA need a high speed rail going through agricultural land in the Central Valley?

He takes his time answering questions in hopes he runs out of time to take the questions that can't be answered like,,Mr President, what are you going to do about IRAN building a nuclear bomb?:confused:

Shocking, I know.

WASHINGTON — A day after sending Congress a $3.73 trillion budget, President Obama will hold a news conference on Tuesday, a senior official told NBC News.

On Monday, the president offered a budget plan that holds out the prospect of eventually bringing deficits under control through spending cuts and tax increases.

But the fiscal blueprint largely ignores his own deficit commission's view that the nation is imperiled unless huge entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare are slashed.

Obama called his new budget one of "tough choices and sacrifices," but most of those cuts would be held off until after the end of his first term. It was harshly criticized by Republicans, who said it was far too timid.

Overall, Obama proposed trimming the deficits by $1.1 trillion over a decade. The administration is projecting that the deficit will hit an all-time high of $1.65 trillion this year and then drop sharply to $1.1 trillion in 2012, with an expected improvement in the economy and as reductions in Social Security withholding and business taxes expire.

Obama's 2012 budget would actually add $8 billion to the projected deficit for that year because the bulk of the savings he would achieve through a freeze in many domestic programs would be devoted to increased spending in areas Obama considers priorities, such as education, clean energy and high-speed rail.

The funny part about this story is that many liberals are trying to convince the world that he's not a liberal, that he's some kind of centrist. :doubt:

I love that one about it trimming the deficit by $1,100,000,000.00 over 10 years. My math must be rusty, since he plans to increase the deficit by that amount this year alone, and continue increasing it over the next 10 years. Yet, somehow, his plan to reduce the deficit so that it is increasing by only $600,000,000.00 at the end of 10 years counts as a reduction.

Then he tells me I am impatient because I want to see something happen now, and not wait until we go bankrupt.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Press On Budget: "You Guys Are Pretty Impatient"

Shocking, I know.

"Clark, are you serious"?

Forum List

Back