President Obama to fix No Child left Behind

NCLB should be fixed by being scrapped altogether period. The Federal government has no Constitutional authority to be involved in education.

Curses foiled again!

So it looks like after Obama fixes healthcare he is going to fix our education system

Damn! This guy is GOOD

Why are you so dependent upon Obama to fix things for you?

Are you so inept that you can't provide healthcare for your family and an education for your children?

My family is well taken care of. Unlike Conservatives, I care about the needs of ALL Americans, not just the ones I happen to like.

The "I got mine....the hell with everyone else" just doesn't cut it

Yeah...like the "gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme I I I I I I I I I me me me me me me me me me me Bush did it." liberal doctrine is any better....:eusa_whistle:

You don't expect teachers to motivate students? Wouldn't that make school even more boring than it is now?

Why should it matter where your motivation comes from?

Because until someone has the motivation coming from inside themselves and not from outside forces, they will never reach their potential.

My family is well taken care of. Unlike Conservatives, I care about the needs of ALL Americans, not just the ones I happen to like.

If you actually cared about all Americans you would stop trying to force your point of view on them through government regulation. You would go out and persuade and serve others yourself.

Unfortunately, you'd rather outsource your charity to the government. and rather than actually giving yourself, you'd rather force others to give.

And stop with that self-righteous bullcrap that conservatives don't care about all Americans because they disagree with you. Enacting legislation will not make everyone's life better. Having the Federal Government run everything is not the only way to help people. In fact, it's literally the worst way to do it. You know it's not the only way and yet you continue to create these disingenous arguments.

You claim you care by passing this legislation without caring whether the legislation actually helps things. Ted Kennedy wrote this bill. and lo and behold its not enough. You didnt give government enough power. And that's all it ever is. That's the only solution you have. "Let's give the government power". You never stop to ask "Wait, how much of this is caused because the governments screwed up to begin with?" Or "is there a way to fix this with less government?"

The greatest minds the world has ever produced have done so without government intervention. They thought, they worked, they lived life, and they recorded it. You through more and more money into failing programs and watch the money disappear and the students get worse and you dont stop to ask what's actually wrong here.

The problem isnt with money. The problem is with culture. It's with the institutions set up and often its with the students and teachers themselves. We are teaching them "facts" instead of how to learn facts. They are taught to regurgitate answers rather than actually think them out.

Until you realize that, you aren't being more compassionate by throwing even more money at the problem. You arent being compassionate by compromising our government structure and taking away the freedom of the people and the states by empowering the Federal government with unconstitutional authority. You aren't being compassionate by passing students through grades without teaching them what they actually need to know.

Stop pretending to be compassionate and start doing some actual charity.

Why are you so dependent upon Obama to fix things for you?

Are you so inept that you can't provide healthcare for your family and an education for your children?

Bingo, such a tired conservative talking point, that anybody who supports programs to help those in need out, they must not be able to take care of themselves or want things for free. Do the people make such tired arguments get tired of looking like complete and utter morons.

Such a tired liberal straw man.

Please stop pretending you care about me or anyone else when you propose to take away our liberty.

You are suggesting the US taxpayer be the motivator. I am suggesting the best source of motivation is yourself and your parents. You are not going to motivate me into thinking my money is necessary to motivate someone else. You might be able to legally steal it, but that is all.

US taxpayers have been motivating students for hundreds of years through building schools, hiring good teachers, setting up curriculums, buying textbooks

Since when has the federal government built schools, hired teachers, set up curriculum or buy books? You are not very aware of how this works, so your evaluation of what would fix it is very suspect.

As a US resident, I pay taxes at local, county, state and Federal level. Each level imposes requirements on education

I am hoping Obama comes up with something that works. For all of our sakes I am hoping somehow he pulls something out of his backside, if it works better than that idiotic "Outcome Based" system, graduating people that haven't the ability to make change for a quarter,what a disgrace, just so they won't be 'left behind' in the school system.

It worked WELL didn't it. No Child Left behind, IN SCHOOL, yeah but they ARE LEFT BEHIND, in the real world. The schools copped out and dumped them all into the mainstream knowing nothing.

US taxpayers have been motivating students for hundreds of years through building schools, hiring good teachers, setting up curriculums, buying textbooks

Since when has the federal government built schools, hired teachers, set up curriculum or buy books? You are not very aware of how this works, so your evaluation of what would fix it is very suspect.

As a US resident, I pay taxes at local, county, state and Federal level. Each level imposes requirements on education

Thanks for reinforcing the fact your clueless on this topic.

It's about time. This is one of the reasons I voted for Obama, because he said he was going to change some of the criteria of NCLB. It is unfair to expect students with IQs from 56 to 80 to perform the same on standardized tests, and punish the student, teacher and the school if they don't pass.

NCLB had a standard that 100% of students would pass standardized tests by 2014. Uh huh, sure.
Also, punishing low poverty schools for not performing up to the same standards as the suburban schools was unfair. Showing improvement is realistic, and I'm glad the law is being changed to reflect this.

This is GREAT news!

You and I know that was put in to make vouchers a viable option. If anyone likes school choice and vouchers, you'll LOVE the Mexican School System.

NCLB should be fixed by being scrapped altogether period. The Federal government has no Constitutional authority to be involved in education.

While the feds don't have constitutional authority to run school systems (other than military academies) they DO have constitutional authority to protect civil rights (persuit of happiness).

One of the major functions of the Dept. of. Ed. is to dole out Title I (a Federal Statute requiring states to feed kids in public school to povide part of their happiness) funds.

These Title I funds reimburse school districts for their Federally Mandated Free and Reduced meal programs. This is worth a large portion of Dept. of Ed.'s $70B/year budget.

We can imagine how much schools would miss this funding if it was to be withdrawn.

States must administer NCLB to receive this funding.

So, as you see, NCLB is something the States "choose" to do, very much like you would "choose" to pay your neighborhood gang to prevent your home from being covered with grafitti.

My wife is a teacher here in Atlanta. When she read this she laughed out loud and walked away after saying that its screwed up now but after Obamay gets his hands on it, it will be totally fucked up.

BTW, my wife doesnt cuss and is not political.

Either she is a cusser or you are a liar, so who's to be trusted wit'cha?

My wife is a teacher here in Atlanta. When she read this she laughed out loud and walked away after saying that its screwed up now but after Obamay gets his hands on it, it will be totally fucked up.

BTW, my wife doesnt cuss and is not political.

Either she is a cusser or you are a liar, so who's to be trusted wit'cha?

Any relative of Lost Soul not a cusser? Of course not...they never get a cuss word in edgewise.

• Punish the lowest-performing 5 percent of schools using aggressive measures, such as having the state take over federal funding for poor students, replacing the principal and half the teaching staff or closing the school altogether.
so we will have to replace an extra 2.5% of all teachers every year?
(That's the 1/2 of teachers as 5% of the schools who will get laid off - many of them will be scapegoats)
Where are we supposed to find the extra teachers willing to go to the worst schools?

• Punish the lowest-performing 5 percent of schools using aggressive measures, such as having the state take over federal funding for poor students, replacing the principal and half the teaching staff or closing the school altogether.
(That's the 1/2 of teachers as 5% of the schools who will get laid off - many of them will be scapegoats)
Where are we supposed to find the extra teachers willing to go to the worst schools?

Honduras
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Bagladesh

Look on the manufacturing lable of any shirt for sale in Wal-Mart.

Last edited:

Honduras
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Bagladesh

Honduras
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Bagladesh

Guantanamo Bay

Honduras
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Bagladesh

Honduras
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Bagladesh

Guantanamo Bay

Yes, I'm certain that ex-Marine Git-mo Guards would make wonderful teachers in urban Detroit.

Forum List

Back