President Obama Proactive on Economy

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
President Obama Boosts Al Green's Sales Almost 500 Percent

Obama's singing of 'Let's Stay Together' at Apollo Theater last week upped sales of iconic 1972 hit.

According to Billboard magazine, the viral video of the president singing the first line of the #1 hit from 1972 boosted sales of the song by 490 percent. In fact, the tune had its best week since SoundScan began tracking digital sales in 2003, with 16,000 downloads. The YouTube video of the impromptu recital has been viewed more than 4 million times.

It was likely the second surprise this week for Green, who was present at the Apollo event where Obama acknowledged the soul singer's presence in the room from the stage.

President Obama Boosts Al Green's Sales Almost 500 Percent - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

There he goes again, there's nothing he can't do. :lol:

Last edited:
I'd like to thank him for, again, making a mockery of my country across the world.

That damned clip has been aired all over the news in Europe... and they're laughing at us... again. I had enough shit like this when Bush was POTUS. The only thing I was kind of grateful for was that Obama was less likely to embarrass me... I was wrong.

I'd like to thank him for, again, making a mockery of my country across the world.

That damned clip has been aired all over the news in Europe... and they're laughing at us... again. I had enough shit like this when Bush was POTUS. The only thing I was kind of grateful for was that Obama was less likely to embarrass me... I was wrong.
I think you should start a thread on that.

Bernanke wavin' a red flag...
:eusa_eh:
Bernanke Points to 'Increased Possibility of a Sudden Fiscal Crisis'
February 7, 2012 – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that the current trajectory of the federal budget – marked by large annual deficits – was “clearly unsustainable” and that “serious economic consequences” could result.
“Having a large and increasing level of government debt relative to national income runs the risk of serious economic consequences,” Bernanke told the Senate Budget Committee Tuesday. “Even the prospect of unsustainable deficits has costs, including an increased possibility of a sudden fiscal crisis. As we have seen in a number of countries recently, interest rates can soar quickly if investors lose confidence in the ability of a government to manage its fiscal policy.” Bernanke said that while nobody knows when a fiscal crisis will come, it is surely “ever closer.”

“Although historical experience and economic theory do not indicate the exact threshold at which the perceived risks associated with the U.S. public debt would increase markedly, we can be sure that, without corrective action, our fiscal trajectory will move the nation ever closer to that point.” Bernanke also said that these rising debts and deficits could also crowd out private investment and was “clearly unsustainable.” “Of even greater concern is that longer-run projections, based on plausible assumptions about the evolution of the economy and budget under current policies, show the structural budget gap increasing significantly further over time and the ratio of outstanding federal debt to GDP rising rapidly. This dynamic is clearly unsustainable,” Bernanke said.

The central bank chief said that over time, the national debt would “crowd out” private sector investment and growth. “Over the longer term, the current trajectory of federal debt threatens to crowd out private capital formation and thus reduce productivity growth,” he added. The only way to prevent lower economic growth and a Greece-like debt crisis in the long term was to begin to get the budget deficit under control now, Bernanke warned. “To achieve economic and financial stability, U.S. fiscal policy must be placed on a sustainable path that ensures that debt relative to national income is at least stable or, preferably, declining over time. Attaining this goal should be a top priority.”

Source

See also:

Bernanke: ‘A Long Way to Go’ Before Full Jobs Recovery
February 7, 2012 – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told the Senate Budget Committee that the country still had “a long way to go” before the jobs market fully recovers.
Bernanke, in prepared remarks delivered at a Senate Budget Committee hearing Tuesday, said that the results of massive long-term unemployment and a sluggish recovery were a jobs market that would take a long time to recover fully.

“[A]s shown by indicators like the rate of unemployment and the ratio of employment to population, we still have a long way to go before the labor market can be said to be operating normally,” Bernanke said.

“Particularly troubling is the unusually high level of long-term unemployment: More than 40 percent of the unemployed have been jobless for more than six months, roughly double the fraction during the economic expansion of the previous decade.”

Bernanke:

Forum List

Back