President Obama or Ron Paul, it's your ONLY choice.

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
Ron's strategy from the get go was to spike the delegates into his camp. So far this has been pretty successful for the Paul campaign. Ron's campaign is exceptionally well organized with a LOT of boots on the ground. Ron's cornering of delegates has been going on for some time now...

Red Alert! - We Need Ron Paul Delegates! | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

...as can be seen from the DATE in the above link. The link below...

Maine caucuses provide a window into Ron Paul delegate strategy - Election 2012 - The Washington Post

...illustrates the seriousness of this situation for the other three GOP prez candidates, ESPECIALLY the Romney camp which appeared oblivious to the Paul strategy. Despite the Maine delegate count being tossed out for a technicality, it's important to note that the Paul organization has this delegate roundup ALREADY in place in ALL 50 states. Like the popular vote/straw poles does not mean jack squat.

THE GRIZZLY TRUTH...

Ron Paul Winning the Battle for Delegates

...is found in the above link for the anti Paul crowd. This is no guarantee that Ron will make POTUS. But, personally knowing the fanatical support behind Ron Paul, if I had to bet a 1,000$ on which GOP candidate will take the GOP nomination... I'd put my 1,000$ on Ron Paul.
Apparently this corralling of 'double agent' delegates by Paul has been going on since or shortly after 08'. Incredible it's also legal as delegates can publicly back one candidate then vote for another. Actually this is exactly how president Obama gained the POTUS position... like politics is a dirty game... 2nd only to pedophilia!
If Ron does take the GOP nomination he has a tough fight against president Obama...

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Paul vs. Obama

...who has a formidable array of supporters in his own corner. The only drawback at CURRENT for president Obama is his overall approval rating...

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

...which is at least a couple points anyway on the positive side. If Paul pulls it off & takes the nomination the GOP establishment is gonna be puking their guts out, like I'd love to see this one!!!

Ron's strategy from the get go was to spike the delegates into his camp. So far this has been pretty successful for the Paul campaign. Ron's campaign is exceptionally well organized with a LOT of boots on the ground. Ron's cornering of delegates has been going on for some time now...

!

I dont see losing every primary as a winning strategy. In fact, only a Paul-bot could make a purse from that sow's ear.

!

I dont see losing every primary as a winning strategy. In fact, only a Paul-bot could make a purse from that sow's ear.

Three observations, Clown Boy...

1. You know jack shit about how the delegate process works
2. You didn't bother to read the links
3. Neither of those first 2 surprises me...

!

I wouldn't be calling names if I were you, Jethro.
2012 Election Delegate Tracker - Presidential Race
Ron Paul is dead last in delegates.

thanks for that, Bobo... I appreciate your enthusiasm...

but, speaking as probably the only 30+ year LP member in here, and probably the only person in here who voted for Ron Paul in 1988,

your argument ain't gonna change things...

the GOP is gonna nominate someone other than RP... and Obama's gonna win the election...

and even if the GOP nominated RP, Obama would still win...

I've been through enough of these rodeos to know how things work...

Last edited:

lol

From your link:

Additionally, the AP interviews unpledged delegates to determine their preferences and includes them in the total; these national party leaders have the freedom to back any candidate of their choosing and may make the decision about which candidate to support at any time during the primary process, and they may or may not tell reporters of their decisions.

but, speaking as probably the only 30+ year LP member in here, and probably the only person in here who voted for Ron Paul in 1988,

the GOP is gonna nominate someone other than RP... and Obama's gonna win the election...

You're not the ONLY RP voter in '88... Voted for a different RP in '92...

I sadly agree.

Hobson's choice......

It is times like this when the system of proportional representation, as idiotic as it is, starts to look good

Hobson's choice......

It is times like this when the system of proportional representation, as idiotic as it is, starts to look good

clever comment, BM... but please explain how "proportional representation" could possibly change the situation...

It would make it worse. I am familiar with the system in Israel. I wouldn't wish that on anyone I remotely liked.
The US is a center-right country. Obama ran as a centrist and won. He has governed as a leftist.
Romney is basically center, despite some pretty left views. So is everyone else. Except Paul, who is extreme left or extreme right depending on which policy you want to pick.

How has his campaign been successful in spiking delegates into his camp when he is dead last in delegates thus far?

Im not going to pretend that things can't change. But why make the claim when it's blatantly not true?

Oh, and I have other choices. For example. I can pick Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, or Newt Gingrich.

I can pick none of the above.

I can write my own name in, or someone elses.

The idea that I am somehow bound to your false dilemna is blatantly untrue. I really don't see how you claiming otherwise helps your cause.

The CHOICE will be between the incumbent and the eventual GOP nominee.

Ron Paul has nothing to do with this.

Looks like you sat next to Clown Boy in Government 101, Bluto...

Sitting in a "class" is not at all required GayPiñata.

All that's needed is to be at least minimally observant and have some common sense.

Naturally, this excludes you.

How has his campaign been successful in spiking delegates into his camp when he is dead last in delegates thus far?

Im not going to pretend that things can't change. But why make the claim when it's blatantly not true?

It's all they have. I remember after last election some Paul-bot claiming Ron Paul could stil be president. When pressed how that was possible he averred that he had no idea. But it was still possible. Maybe a military coup and declaration? I dunno.
But they have this ideal that the masses will rise up and somehow elect Paul, even though he has crapped out in every race he has run, except for Congressman.

If Ron does not cut the mustard in the GOP he can run as independent. If that happens his supporters go with him. President Obama already has an advantage over the GOP candidates regarding backing. If you vote for the one of the other 3 GOP candidates Ron packs up his bags & takes his followers with him. The already strapped GOP loses more support base & president Obama remains PRESIDENT Obama. U lose Ron as the candidate U just handed it to president Obama... AGAIN.

Oh, and I have other choices. For example. I can pick Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, or Newt Gingrich.

The idea that I am somehow bound to your false dilemna is blatantly untrue. I really don't see how you claiming otherwise helps your cause.

If Ron does not cut the mustard in the GOP he can run as independent. If that happens his supporters go with him. President Obama already has an advantage over the GOP candidates regarding backing. If you vote for the one of the other 3 GOP candidates Ron packs up his bags & takes his followers with him. The already strapped GOP loses more support base & president Obama remains PRESIDENT Obama. U lose Ron as the candidate U just handed it to president Obama... AGAIN.

1) Paul has said he is not running 3rd party.
2) Every vote for Paul is a vote for Obama.

Forum List

Back