President Obama on Trayvon Martin

Since when does the president comment on local shootings? When one is the president and the victim is black and the the shooter is hispanic? Brings back memories when a white officer tried to stop an an apparent called in break in from a neighbor) when it was his friend Gates breaking into his own house and Gates called it racism and the president called that racism.

Just when will this president keep his nose on the country's economy and joblessness and stop this racial divide?

Why this shooter was not arrested for shooting a young man with skittles and a tea in hand is beyond me, but it is not for the president to butt in. I personally do not care what a son of his would LOOK like if he had one, and it has no bearing on this case.
I'd like to think he has more important things to weigh in on than local and states issues.

It's a federal issue now, keep up.

Why?

Because they made it one, just like the Terri Shiavo issue. Maybe the Senate should rush back into session and hold a special vote.

Why?

Because they made it one, just like the Terri Shiavo issue. Maybe the Senate should rush back into session and hold a special vote.

I see. just because they can, right? nevermind the Governor already has the issue in hand. The FED had better be careful...the Florida Governor has a habit of telling the FED to fuck off and mind thier own business.

Obama's entire answer to the Martin question:

"But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together — federal, state and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
So I’m glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what’s taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.
But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

What did Obama say about the New Black Panthers puting a "hit" on the shooter, "wanted dead or alive" (circumventing the law)?

"If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

Since when does the president comment on local shootings? When one is the president and the victim is black and the the shooter is hispanic? Brings back memories when a white officer tried to stop an an apparent called in break in from a neighbor) when it was his friend Gates breaking into his own house and Gates called it racism and the president called that racism.

Just when will this president keep his nose on the country's economy and joblessness and stop this racial divide?

Why this shooter was not arrested for shooting a young man with skittles and a tea in hand is beyond me, but it is not for the president to butt in. I personally do not care what a son of his would LOOK like if he had one, and it has no bearing on this case.
I'd like to think he has more important things to weigh in on than local and states issues.

Why is THIS shooting a federal issue and not the thousands every week? Because if Obama had a son, it would look like the victim? You keep up.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Obama heard what everyone else heard, it was a *white guy*, and his racists button was pushed, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jacksons racist button was pushed too, and they all let out a yelp!
2. Hey, "Whitey IS out to get us negros, AGAIN"!!!!!
3. My son, my son, the son I never had, but should of had, did anyone do a DNA on the victim, to see it he was indeed Obamas son???
4. The way negros sleep around, he could be related to Obama.
5. The way I see it, this whole story has been blown out of proportion, in every way.
6. And because the shooter was misrepresented as being white, Obama opened his stupid mouth, which does show America in general just how much he leans Negro.
7. He isn't my President, he's the negros president.
8. He has proven it time and time again.
9. I think its good we are finding out more and more about who Obama is, and who he represents.
10. Its going to make it much easier to put his butt out of office come November.
11. Just one thing, when the race riots start, make sure to keep your powder dry folks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"If I had a son he would look like him"

Comment made to a msnbc reporter at the whitehouse news conference on New World Bank nominee.

Really? And that is important to this case how exactly? Such blatant race based comments are really not needed to turn an outraged public into something worse. I guess we just never learn anything in the highest levels of govt in our country.

Also on a side note I saw Al Sharpton speaking at a rally last night on this issue. That man is w disgrace and msnbc should be embarrassed.

From my perspective the trigger man should be tried and let his peers determine his guilt. Looks guilty of murder to me but i don't know all the facts.

President Obama & his lying band of media whores are trying to paint the image of an evil racist KKK grand wizard trying to tie a noose around Obama's young black son's neck but wound up shooting the innocent child in the back as he was trying to escape. And please vote for Obama to right this horrible injustice.

I never thought that I would see the same "black leaders" that condemned injustices done to "their people" calling for a "lynching" on another person (no matter what race). After 60+ years of a country trying to overcome that kind of injustice and hatred, to have the "victims' children" step forward and call for the exact same type of crime that was done against some of their parents and grand parents is just tragic. It shows that they have learned NOTHING in the way of love or humanity.

It was an excellent and appropriate statement and fit well with the rest of what he said.

look is it that you dont know many facts or you just like to make stupid remarks too

heres a fact for you there is no way that trayvon could ever look like obummers son cause trayvons parents are both black, where obummers parents are white and black his mother is white and his father is black making him multiracial big difference and a stupid remark from obummer trying to set a race war here in this country. i think we are much more in serious issues with our economy and our future and thats where our president should have his mind and remarks
:mad:

I never thought that I would see the same "black leaders" that condemned injustices done to "their people" calling for a "lynching" on another person (no matter what race). After 60+ years of a country trying to overcome that kind of injustice and hatred, to have the "victims' children" step forward and call for the exact same type of crime that was done against some of their parents and grand parents is just tragic. It shows that they have learned NOTHING in the way of love or humanity.

Truely? Link to such calls.

Forum List

Back