President Obama on Jay Leno.

Feb 28, 2009
Thoughts on this?

I wonder what the security costs are for this optional forum. Does it bother anyone that the POTUS is going on a late night comedy-variety show? Will they have the regular audience, or will they be hand-picked, or will they be canned, their applause added later in post-production?

Obama's taking us where we've never been with this.

What say you?

Thoughts on this?

I wonder what the security costs are for this optional forum. Does it bother anyone that the POTUS is going on a late night comedy-variety show? Will they have the regular audience, or will they be hand-picked, or will they be canned, their applause added later in post-production?

What say you?

Why would the security costs be any higher for him to be on Leno then to be in any other building or any other forum?

I don't really care if he appears on any TV show. I won't be watching the show.

• Banned
Thoughts on this?

What say you?

Why would the security costs be any higher for him to be on Leno then to be in any other building or any other forum?
That would be a question needed asking. The White House is secure anyway. No flight to New York or Hollywood or wherever Leno tapes his show needed, etc. It's not like the President cannot get airtime from all the networks any time he chooses.

It just seems odd to me. No one's ever done this.

Security was high of course, and of course the audience was hand picked. and all libral.... propaganda must be spread.. but he makes me sick.

The audience will be hand-picked to some degree, in that people carrying automatic firearms and homemade bombs will likely be excluded.
That's likely for every Leno taping. The DO have metal detectors.

That's because Leno is important.

If he is incapacitated, the next in succession is Kevin Eubanks.
:lol::lol::lol:

Entire Secret Service entourage, Air Force One, Presidential staffers and the Limo, all paid for by us so we can see Obama on Leno. Of course, most all of that happened when he was on Leno as a candidate, save AF1.

I wonder if he'll be going on Oprah's show next?

That's likely for every Leno taping. The DO have metal detectors.

That's because Leno is important.

If he is incapacitated, the next in succession is Kevin Eubanks.
:lol::lol::lol:

Entire Secret Service entourage, Air Force One, Presidential staffers and the Limo, all paid for by us so we can see Obama on Leno. Of course, most all of that happened when he was on Leno as a candidate, save AF1.

I wonder if he'll be going on Oprah's show next?

He'd be able to stay in his house...so there's at least one hotel room that taxpayers won't have to pay for.

It is an odd choice for a sitting President, but this particularly president enjoys the campaign trail style of leadership, so there he goes...

Does it demean the office?

Perhaps.

What's the toughest question Leno will ask ? .......

And speaking of tough questions, how can so many miss the irony of picking the Leno show over any of the so-called Sunday News Shows.

Could the President actually be afraid he might get a tough question from the pom-pom wavers?

And speaking of tough questions, how can so many miss the irony of picking the Leno show over any of the so-called Sunday News Shows.

Could the President actually be afraid he might get a tough question from the pom-pom wavers?

Well done.

This president has yet to take open questions from the media - the only press conference he had began with a teleprompter speech and then questions from pre-approved sources.

Well done.

This president has yet to take open questions from the media - the only press conference he had began with a teleprompter speech and then questions from pre-approved sources.
Well you can pretty much figure what the answer will be..... "aaahh.... b,aaa... ah....aaaaaahhhh.... well, aaa, aaaaahhh..... you know....aaa.... aaaaaahhh..... :lol:

Thoughts on this?

What say you?

He wants to be the leader of our country and one of the little people. Won't work. Just like kids don't need parents to be their friend, we don't need Obama to be 'one of us'. We need him to lead.

He's still in campaign mode and will be until the next election is over. Maybe even later than that.

Thoughts on this?

What say you?

He wants to be the leader of our country and one of the little people. Won't work. Just like kids don't need parents to be their friend, we don't need Obama to be 'one of us'. We need him to lead.
Yes you're right Zb, but, he can't. He's not capable. That was evident even before the election. He's a great con man, but he's no leader.

Forum List

Back