President Obama leaves event promoting clean energy in a motorcade of 22 fossil-fuele

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB1ZxyhO9p0]President Obama leaves event promoting clean energy in a motorcade of 22 fossil-fueled vehicles - YouTube[/ame]

On January 26, 2012, President Obama visited a Las Vegas UPS plant. Stimulus subsidy for said UPS plant to purchase natural-gas-powered trucks: 5.6 million dollars. Stimulus subsidy for North Las Vegas green energy plant that laid off 200 workers yesterday: 5.9 million dollars. Using taxpayer dollars to leave an event promoting clean-energy vehicles in a motorcade of twenty-two fossil-fueled vehicles: Priceless.

It's time to end all energy subsidizes, and let average Americans, like the President does, select the fuel they want, free of government interference.

Tonight will be rich in symbolism, as Democrats and Republicans mingle among the seats in the House chamber during President Obama’s State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress.

In another symbolic gesture, NRDC has ensured that not one gram of carbon dioxide pollution will remain in the atmosphere as a result of the president’s motorcades tonight between the White House and the Capitol.

That’s because NRDC has purchased “offsets” to make the round-trip carbon neutral -- a first for a State of the Union presidential motorcade.

NRDC: Press Release - President Obama's Motorcade Tonight Will Make History

:lol:

Maybe Al Gore can sell Obama some carbon credits for his Vegas trip.

Do as they say people, not what they do...for they know what's BEST for ya...DON'T YOU KNOW

Do as they say people, not what they do...for they know what's BEST for ya...DON'T YOU KNOW

Oh I see. You wanted Obama to use electric or hybrid cars. Ok, and which cars would you recommend he use? I'd love to see a list of bullet proof electric vehicles he could choose from.

He's not smart enough to bullet proof a volt? Weally?

You can't. It's simple physics. The material needed to bullet proof a car weighs so much that an electric engine can't move it.

Or are you suggesting you want to President in a non bullet proof car?

Oh I see. You wanted Obama to use electric or hybrid cars. Ok, and which cars would you recommend he use? I'd love to see a list of bullet proof electric vehicles he could choose from.

You can't. It's simple physics. The material needed to bullet proof a car weighs so much that an electric engine can't move it.

are you suggesting that I'm suggesting that? Weally?

Great...that's 1...how about the other 21?

Great...that's 1...how about the other 21?

I'm willing to be they all are, with the exception of the local law enforcement. But since the Feds can't control those vehicles, it's petty to blame Obama for them.

Are you suggesting everyone else should get these inferior electric vehicles?

The next time UPS backs one of their goddamned trucks into my house, they aren't going to have to worry about whether or not they use fossil fuel.

I want to hear more from "conservatives" about this. I mean, what did you want? Did you want Obama to use a non bullet proof car? Or did you want him to use a car that doesn't exist?

What exactly is your complaint here?

Forum List

Back