President Obama is so Arrogant!

I don't think he's arrogant. Personally - I like the guy. I'd have a beer with him.

He's simply incompetent as a world leader. I probably would be too.

Being "Presidential" is a tough gig. He doesn't cut it.

No offense.

I don't think he's arrogant. Personally - I like the guy. I'd have a beer with him.

Being "Presidential" is a tough gig. He doesn't cut it.

No offense.

I think Barry would be more inclined to sharing a Happy Meal, and pedaling along side you on his tricycle. Maybe race you to the mail box. No crossing the street though. ;)

i don't think he's arrogant. Personally - i like the guy. I'd have a beer with him.

Being "presidential" is a tough gig. He doesn't cut it.

No offense.

i think barry would be more inclined to sharing a happy meal, and pedaling along side you on his tricycle. Maybe race you to the mail box. No crossing the street though. ;)

lol!

It's a little tricky determining which politicians are most arrogant. Anyone who sees themselves as able to be elected and qualified to serve as President must be incredibly arrogant compared to the average person on the street. Once they make the decision to run, however, they are more or less obligated to characterize their own traits or accomplishments (whether they are cutting taxes, holding prayer rallies, studying the Belgian Congo, etc.) as the unique qualities which qualify someone for such high office. This is essentially impossible if one obeys cultural norms regarding modesty.

I think there is a case to be made that Obama is, as Presidents go, fairly arrogant/bold. He jumped the line over more senior and better positioned candidates (most notably Clinton) in 2008. In the presidency, he has pushed through big bills like the stimulus and health care with an energy and a tolerance for (professional, rather than personal) risk that one probably would not have seen from President Clinton.

Gingrich, too, strikes me as unusually arrogant, and without Obama's redeeming qualities. He committed adultery while vigorously prosecuting a political opponent whose underlying transgression was adultery. He engaged in ethics violations as Speaker shockingly similar to those which Speaker Wright committed and which allowed Gingrich to make a name for himself by attacking Wright. Beyond such actual hypocrisy, Gingrich's demeanor has always struck me as immodest (admittedly, partisan impressions are inherently subjective, I might find his demeanor unobjectionable if he were liberal). Whenever I see video of him he lapses easily into a lecturing tone, not seeming to make points against opponents but to lecture ignorant children.

Isn't ironic that the people who have been beating their chests and screaming about President Obama's "arrogance" now support Newt wholeheartedly?

Newt Gingrich: Two Decades of Arrogance

Go Newt, go!!!

Ah, Sea? You need to listen more closely...those people are screaming about President Obama's incompetence.

Ah...so if I did a search for "Obama arrogance", I'd come up empty, right?

If you did a search for "Obama is an extra terrestrial", I'm sure you'd get hits...that hardly proves he is or that people dislike him for it.

Ah, Sea? You need to listen more closely...those people are screaming about President Obama's incompetence.

If you did a search for "Obama is an extra terrestrial", I'm sure you'd get hits...that hardly proves he is or that people dislike him for it.

LOL...right...I've heard Rush Limpballs rail about Obama's arrogance on a continuing basis. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about Obama the alien (unless by alien you mean illegal Kenyan...then that's a different story)

There have been more than a few USMB regulars that like to talk about Obama's "arrogance".

Denial...ain't just a river.

It's a little tricky determining which politicians are most arrogant. Anyone who sees themselves as able to be elected and qualified to serve as President must be incredibly arrogant compared to the average person on the street. Once they make the decision to run, however, they are more or less obligated to characterize their own traits or accomplishments (whether they are cutting taxes, holding prayer rallies, studying the Belgian Congo, etc.) as the unique qualities which qualify someone for such high office. This is essentially impossible if one obeys cultural norms regarding modesty.

I think there is a case to be made that Obama is, as Presidents go, fairly arrogant/bold. He jumped the line over more senior and better positioned candidates (most notably Clinton) in 2008. In the presidency, he has pushed through big bills like the stimulus and health care with an energy and a tolerance for (professional, rather than personal) risk that one probably would not have seen from President Clinton.

Gingrich, too, strikes me as unusually arrogant, and without Obama's redeeming qualities. He committed adultery while vigorously prosecuting a political opponent whose underlying transgression was adultery. He engaged in ethics violations as Speaker shockingly similar to those which Speaker Wright committed and which allowed Gingrich to make a name for himself by attacking Wright. Beyond such actual hypocrisy, Gingrich's demeanor has always struck me as immodest (admittedly, partisan impressions are inherently subjective, I might find his demeanor unobjectionable if he were liberal). Whenever I see video of him he lapses easily into a lecturing tone, not seeming to make points against opponents but to lecture ignorant children.

Decent Assessment. They are both, most definitely immodest. Obama really does push the envelope though, in claiming Extra Powers and Authority. That is both dangerous and foolish. Where as Newt will be limited to Hypocrisy. Maybe train wrecks of Hypocrisy, but no High Crimes.

LOL...right...I've heard Rush Limpballs rail about Obama's arrogance on a continuing basis. I don't think I've ever heard him talk about Obama the alien (unless by alien you mean illegal Kenyan...then that's a different story)

There have been more than a few USMB regulars that like to talk about Obama's "arrogance".

I think what annoys people about Obama isn't so much that he's so sure of himself, Sea...but that he's so sure of himself while being so inept. If he were competent, I don't think anyone would care...know what I mean?

As Larry Bird once said "It ain't trash talking if you back it up." Obama's "talk" is seldom, if ever, backed up by his actions.

i know you're smarter than to think that overfed blowhard represents the GOP.

BTW, wouldn't 'limpballs' essentially be flat, like pancakes?

Forum List

Back