President Obama is keeping us safe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DavidS, Sep 16, 2009.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Thank you, President Obama!

Fearful of a Madrid-style subway train bombing, authorities are poised to make more raids to seize bomb-making materials at locations in Queens, sources said Wednesday.
    The FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team arrived in New York in anticipation of the offensive to thwart a Denver-based terror cell with ties to Al Qaeda, police sources told the Daily News.
    Another source said an earlier raid uncovered nine backpacks and cell phones, raising memories of the March 2004 bombings in Madrid. A series of terrorist bombs detonated aboard commuter trains killed 191 people.
    The source said authorities feared a potential attack on the city subway, with its 5.2 million daily riders.
    FBI Director Robert Mueller, speaking at a Senate hearing Wednesday, said the plot posed "no imminent danger."
    "New Yorkers are well benefited from the work of the NYPD and (Commissioner) Ray Kelly," said Mueller, offering no other details on the HRT deployment.
    Najibullah Zazi, the Colorado man who triggered a rash of Queens raids Monday, was identified through e-mail, wire taps and a confidential informant as part of the plot, the source said. Zazi, 25, told The News he had nothing to do with any terrorist activity.
    "No. Of course, I'm not a terrorist," the 25-year-old Afghan national said Tuesday.
    A source said Zazi, tipped while visiting Manhattan last weekend that he was under surveillance, fled back to suburban Denver. Even as Zazi, of Aurora, Colo., professed his innocence, counterterrorism agents eyed him as part of the first suspected Al Qaeda cell they've uncovered in the U.S. since 9/11.

2. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Has he stopped the investigations of CIA agents? Has he stopped the John Adams project?

3. logical4u

logical4u citizen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +543
    Didn't the president apologize for our nation to the muslim people everywhere? Why would these people want to hurt us? Why can't we all just get along?
    Any answers, lib supporters?

4. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235

Lonestar, I thought that you liked to "give credit where credit is due". It's all about the confrontation I guess, huh?

5. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I do and I did. You have a problem with me posing questions?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I have a couple of theories on why they would want to hurt us, outside of the "they hate our freedom" theory. Obama must talk just like O.J. since they're both black. Great connection there. It started in the late 40's, project for the new american century. Do either of those ring a bell?

7. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Obama has kept us safer further into his presidency than Bush did. :cool:

8. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235

I was under the impression that you thought that his anti-terrorist policies had been effective thus far. Are you disputing that, or would you like to see more done. Is the John Adams project related to this (no idea what it is) subject? CIA investigations....I don't think I've heard about that either. Where did you first watch or read this story? Is there a link? Fox, CNN, Washington Post? I'm not trying to trap you with the right vs. left media. I would just like to read or hear the same, so that I can draw my own conclusions, compare medias, etc...

9. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Usually I watch both the extreme left and extreme right media, every day...but not on the 14th. I see that O'Reilly did a segment on this, on September 14th. I'm on it Lonestar. I haven't heard this anywhere else.

10. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    It's September 16th.

So far he's doing a better job than Cheney/Bush.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1