President Obama Has Outspent Last Five Presidents

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
what, can't be:eek:
links and chart with article at site..

By Elizabeth Flock
June 1, 2012 RSS Feed Print

President Obama has shelled out more in federal spending than the five presidents that came before him.

A new chart by the Comeback America Initiative (CAI), a non-partisan group dedicated to promoting fiscal responsibility by policymakers, shows federal spending by president as a percentage of GDP, and it doesn't reflect well on Obama.

"There has been a dramatic increase in spending under the Obama administration," David Walker, Founder and CEO of CAI, told Whispers. "Most of it is attributable to year one of his presidency and the stimulus... but President Obama has continued to take spending to a new level."

Federal spending was close to 20 percent under the Carter administration, dropped to 18 percent under Clinton, and is currently at an incredible 24 percent of GDP. According to the Congressional Budget Office, federal spending may hover around 22 percent for the next decade.

Federal spending is also higher this year than any year since 1949. The last time spending was higher—in 1946, it was 24.8—the country was just coming down from the exorbitant rates of spending during World War II.

all of it here with comments.

President Obama Has Outspent Last Five Presidents - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

obamaSpendingChart.jpg

Obama spending binge never happened - MarketWatch

Oops.

Costs money to avert the SECOND Pub WORLD GREAT DEPRESSION, and help 10million unemployed....great job pubbies- and thanks for paralyzing gov't since 2/2010....Pub dupes!!

LOL, that is such bullshit and everyone knows it :lol:

Federal_Spending425x283.jpg

Oh darn Dean here's a real chart that doesn't use lies and blame it on Bush accounting. At this point in time Obama is incapable of truth about his record as president.

They want to act like Obama was not POTUS for 2/3 of 2009 budget... just tack it all on Boosh and walk away.
That damn chart was debunked last week... what a crock.

Fuck Obama and his lying minions.

Last edited:

You claim to be an engineer, so I have a question, do you actually understand math? If you do I want to challenge you to go through the math with me and find out who spent more money, Bush or Obama.

Bush:
Two wars
A "drugs for votes" bill costing trillions
Trillions lost in the Bush tax cuts, much of it used to help companies move jobs to China
No bid contracts costing hundreds of billions
Billions "lost" in Iraq with no one even knowing where the money went.

Obama:
Saved the banking system - made huge profits
Saved the auto industry - nearly all the money that was lent has been repaid
Stimulus - even Republicans took the money and created thousands of jobs
The cost of helping tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq - a "gift" from Bush and the Republicans

Somehow, all that adds up to Obama spending more money than Bush? I really don't see how.

LOL, that is such bullshit and everyone knows it :lol:

Federal_Spending425x283.jpg

Oh darn Dean here's a real chart that doesn't use lies and blame it on Bush accounting. At this point in time Obama is incapable of truth about his record as president.

So what does that black line mean that goes up really high right at the end of the Bush years? Was that when Obama added the cost of the two wars that Bush kept hidden?

Bush:
Two wars
A "drugs for votes" bill costing trillions
Trillions lost in the Bush tax cuts, much of it used to help companies move jobs to China
No bid contracts costing hundreds of billions
Billions "lost" in Iraq with no one even knowing where the money went.

Obama:
Saved the banking system - made huge profits
Saved the auto industry - nearly all the money that was lent has been repaid
Stimulus - even Republicans took the money and created thousands of jobs
The cost of helping tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq - a "gift" from Bush and the Republicans

Somehow, all that adds up to Obama spending more money than Bush? I really don't see how.

Funny, I don't see any math in there. You do know math uses things called numbers, don't you? Let me give you a few numbers. (these numbers reflect actual spending for the 2009 FY.)

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, signed by Obama on 17 February 2009, $140 billion.

HR 1105, Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009 signed by Obama on 11 March 2009 $410.

I await your response using actual math.

Only a partisan hack would deny that under Obama, federal spending has exploded.
But the premise of this thread is basically bullshit. Now if Obama were to serve two terms, then I would say federal spending/debt would be more than the five previous presidents. The five presidents would mean we start with Jimmy Carter. When Cater took office the National Debt was $653.5 billion and when Obama took office the National Debt was 10.7 trillion. In order for this OP to be correct, Obama would have spent 10.1 trillion and that hasn't happened,,yet. Give him two terms, then the charge of this OP could very well become true.

Last edited:
what, can't be:eek:
links and chart with article at site..

By Elizabeth Flock
June 1, 2012 RSS Feed Print

President Obama has shelled out more in federal spending than the five presidents that came before him.

A new chart by the Comeback America Initiative (CAI), a non-partisan group dedicated to promoting fiscal responsibility by policymakers, shows federal spending by president as a percentage of GDP, and it doesn't reflect well on Obama.

"There has been a dramatic increase in spending under the Obama administration," David Walker, Founder and CEO of CAI, told Whispers. "Most of it is attributable to year one of his presidency and the stimulus... but President Obama has continued to take spending to a new level."

Federal spending was close to 20 percent under the Carter administration, dropped to 18 percent under Clinton, and is currently at an incredible 24 percent of GDP. According to the Congressional Budget Office, federal spending may hover around 22 percent for the next decade.

Federal spending is also higher this year than any year since 1949. The last time spending was higher—in 1946, it was 24.8—the country was just coming down from the exorbitant rates of spending during World War II.

all of it here with comments.

President Obama Has Outspent Last Five Presidents - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

President Obama Has Outspent Last Five Presidents

That makes me sad.

View attachment $crying.bmp

Forum List

Back