President Obama HAS Been Successful

Oh yeah - those lockstep repubs really blocked Obamacare. :lol:

The Senate passed it before Scott Brown was elected. Hellooooo?!?!

You encapsulate the immaturity and obnoxiousness of the left so perfectly. It is the only reason I didn't ignore you a long time ago. You serve as a constant reminder of why I am so diametrically opposed to the simplistic ideology of the left.

And you're 100% WRONG, MISLED, and ARROGANT. Pub Dupes!! Ruining the country, pandering to the greedy rich for 140 years.STOOOPID!

The federal debt increased by $2.5 trillion in the first 19 months of the Obama administration.

And, as if there weren't enough, there is another leader in the business world acknowledging the danger and need to address the national debt and deficit.

The left's own Starbucks' CEO has proposed halting all political contributions until Congress tackles this massive problem. Starbucks CEO: Don't donate to pols - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Hell, as a liberal I'm not happy with Obama. If it were up to me he would be denied the Democratic Party nominations.

But, I'd vote for a turnip before a conservative.

A failing lberal is still way superior to ANY conservative.

I wouldn't expect anything different from someone who thinks its cool to put a picture of yourself smoking pot on your profile. I've already read all of your posts. You are painfully childish and lacking in your understanding of even the most fundamentally basic concepts.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had accidentally voted for a turnip. :lol:

You be hallucinating! No I'm not smoking pot in my avatar picture. I'm playing guitar.

I see your cognitive abilities are rather weak.

But thanks for taking the time for reading "All" of my posts - must have taken you hours!

One way or another I must have made a huge impression on you. I don't think that you make much of an impression on anyone. Pitiful.

Here's your list- pretty obvious really, passed during the FIVE MONTHS Dems had true control over the Party of NO!- since then the total obstruction, fear mongering, and brainwashing Party has ruined the recovery...Great job, Pubs- and silly dupes...

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 (Increased the statute of limitations for discriminatory pay)

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (The infamous Stimulus Act’s objective was to immediately create jobs and economic growth.)

Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (Reauthorized a program that cost $40 billion over its first 10 years.)

Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009 (Provided funding for "research in which a human embryo or embryos are destroyed, discarded, or knowingly subjected to risk of injury or death.")
Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Provided new authority to the US Federal Government over private property.)

Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009 (Provided new authority to the US Federal Government to curtail fraud, in particular regarding financial institutions, mortgage fraud, and securities fraud or commodities fraud.)

Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (Provided additional funding and expands the AmeriCorps program.)

Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 (Granted judges to unprecedented authority to modify the amount contractually owed to mortgage holders.)

Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 (Placed new restrictions and regulations on the credit card industry. Before its passage Obama continually accused consumers of being too stupid to understand the contracts they enter with regards to the terms and conditions of credit cards)

Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009 (Obama claimed that this would be the last war supplemental bill because funding would be provided for in a regular budget, but the Democrat-controlled Congress failed to ever pass a budget.)

Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (Provided the FDA more funding and authority to regulate the tobacco industry.)

Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 (Extended unemployment benefits.)

Hell, as a liberal I'm not happy with Obama. If it were up to me he would be denied the Democratic Party nominations.

I wouldn't expect anything different from someone who thinks its cool to put a picture of yourself smoking pot on your profile. I've already read all of your posts. You are painfully childish and lacking in your understanding of even the most fundamentally basic concepts.

You be hallucinating! No I'm not smoking pot in my avatar picture. I'm playing guitar.

But thanks for taking the time for reading "All" of my posts - must have taken you hours!

One way or another I must have made a huge impression on you. I don't think that you make much of an impression on anyone. Pitiful.

Oh, I apologize you just look stoned. It's a great picture though.

Last edited:
Here's your list- pretty obvious really, passed during the FIVE MONTHS Dems had true control over the Party of NO!- since then the total obstruction, fear mongering, and brainwashing Party has ruined the recovery...Great job, Pubs- and silly dupes...

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 (Increased the statute of limitations for discriminatory pay)

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (The infamous Stimulus Act’s objective was to immediately create jobs and economic growth.)

Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (Reauthorized a program that cost $40 billion over its first 10 years.)

Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009 (Provided funding for "research in which a human embryo or embryos are destroyed, discarded, or knowingly subjected to risk of injury or death.")
Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Provided new authority to the US Federal Government over private property.)

Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009 (Provided new authority to the US Federal Government to curtail fraud, in particular regarding financial institutions, mortgage fraud, and securities fraud or commodities fraud.)

Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (Provided additional funding and expands the AmeriCorps program.)

Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 (Granted judges to unprecedented authority to modify the amount contractually owed to mortgage holders.)

Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 (Placed new restrictions and regulations on the credit card industry. Before its passage Obama continually accused consumers of being too stupid to understand the contracts they enter with regards to the terms and conditions of credit cards)

Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2009 (Obama claimed that this would be the last war supplemental bill because funding would be provided for in a regular budget, but the Democrat-controlled Congress failed to ever pass a budget.)

Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act (Provided the FDA more funding and authority to regulate the tobacco industry.)

Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 (Extended unemployment benefits.)

What a fucking waste of carbon.

Give me my oxygen back.

You just fucking copied the majority of Google's post that was used to show OWNERSHIP of the policies that got us in this shit-pile.

I think Zoom has a good point

:eusa_shhh:

No. YOU be hallucinating!

The claim was that the photo was in your profile, not your avatar. Apparently, you've removed it from your profile.

The only thing that will save this country from total destruction at the hands of big-government-liberals like Obama is the conservative movement.

Obama has been quite successful. He will accomplish his number one goal when the USA descends into a Marxist society replete with government employees and entitlement voters all living off the efforts of the few that produce anything worth using.

Last edited:
Truman_pass-the-buck.jpg

The buck never stops in this administration. The economic results of Obama's legislative success are being felt through out America, and Obama can find a scapegoat for every negative impact he has made.
It must be something in the water!

There is no need for a super majority when one party controls both chambers of Congress & the presidency.

They dropped the ball & did not focus on the economy & jobs. They squandered everything on Obamacare & cronies. Now we are in the grips of a double-dip depression thanks to these fools.

Typical Fox/Rush/Pub Dupe. Either Boooosh vetoes or Lockstep pubs filibusters blocked EVERYTHING Dems wanted, except for 4-5 months Dems had 60 votes in the Senate. Duh.

They could pass anything but a budget.

that's a list of laws passed in the five months Dems had control- not 'thoughts'...

the amazing thing is all the pub dupes on here think the dems had control for 2 years...AND Krauthammer- except he's a LIAR...

Upon taking office in 2008 President Obama found himself in an incredibly advantageous position to achieve his legislative goals. The Democrat Party held a super majority in both chambers of Congress. Republicans could do nothing to stop the legislative agenda of the Obama administration.

Senate 2009

Democrats 57

Republicans 41

220px-111senate-20100720.svg.png

House of Representatives 2009

Democrats 255

Republicans 179

220px-US_House_apportionment_%2820090626%29.png

President Obama had everything he needed to enact the policies he promised was going to strengthen and grow America’s economy. Here is a small list of policies that were enacted during the two years Democrats reigned supreme over Congress:

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010 (Oh, this gem allowed for SIX appropriations bills to be passed in one swoop of a pen stroke; hundreds of billions of dollars.)

Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 (Was supposed to reinstated pay-as-you-go budgeting rules, it utterly failed to do so.)

Travel Promotion Act of 2009 (Granted the US Customs Border and Border Protection the authority to level fees to foreign tourists. Unfortunately, undocumented tourists are except from this law.)

Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act of 2010 (Was touted as the one of many bills in the president’s broader job creation plan. It did little, if anything, to lower unemployment.)

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Authorized the unprecedented authority, known as the individual mandate, to the US Federal Government to force citizens to purchase health insurance or face penalties.)

Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Amended Obama Care in several ways, most notably increasing penalties to be level against business owners not complying with the law.)

Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2010 (Continued America’s policy of sanctions against the extremist Islamic country of Iran.)

Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Provided additional regulations on financial institutions.)

Small Business Jobs Act of 2010 (Provided billions of dollars to small banks, banks with assets less than $10 billion, to small businesses. Many stipulations were also hidden in the bill. Again, the bill had little or no economic effect.)

Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (Provided billions to supposed discriminated farmers.)

Healthy, Hunger Free-Kids Act of 2010 (Provided billions in additional funding the nutritional programs. Also granted the USDA more authority to regulate foods provided to schools.)

Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Extended the Bush tax cuts.)

Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010

Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2010 (Granted the FDA sweeping new authorities to regulate and oversee the growing and production of food.)

This administration has had undeniable success in enacting their legislative agenda, but when it comes to judging the effects and success of these policies this administration can do nothing but blame.

Obama went from embracing and taking credit for the Arab Spring, to blaming it for the stagnant growth of the economy in less than four months. :cuckoo:

Why won't the president or the democrats take responsibility for any of the policies they passed during the two years they reigned complete dominance over the federal government? They would rather America forget that inconvenient fact. :eusa_shhh:

This administration taking RESPONSIBLITY--You're joking right--:cuckoo:

Upon taking office in 2008 President Obama found himself in an incredibly advantageous position to achieve his legislative goals. The Democrat Party held a super majority in both chambers of Congress. Republicans could do nothing to stop the legislative agenda of the Obama administration.

Senate 2009

Democrats 57

Republicans 41

220px-111senate-20100720.svg.png

House of Representatives 2009

Democrats 255

Republicans 179

220px-US_House_apportionment_%2820090626%29.png

President Obama had everything he needed to enact the policies he promised was going to strengthen and grow America’s economy. Here is a small list of policies that were enacted during the two years Democrats reigned supreme over Congress:

Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2010 (Oh, this gem allowed for SIX appropriations bills to be passed in one swoop of a pen stroke; hundreds of billions of dollars.)

Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 (Was supposed to reinstated pay-as-you-go budgeting rules, it utterly failed to do so.)

Travel Promotion Act of 2009 (Granted the US Customs Border and Border Protection the authority to level fees to foreign tourists. Unfortunately, undocumented tourists are except from this law.)

Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act of 2010 (Was touted as the one of many bills in the president’s broader job creation plan. It did little, if anything, to lower unemployment.)

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Authorized the unprecedented authority, known as the individual mandate, to the US Federal Government to force citizens to purchase health insurance or face penalties.)

Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Amended Obama Care in several ways, most notably increasing penalties to be level against business owners not complying with the law.)

Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act of 2010 (Continued America’s policy of sanctions against the extremist Islamic country of Iran.)

Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Provided additional regulations on financial institutions.)

Small Business Jobs Act of 2010 (Provided billions of dollars to small banks, banks with assets less than $10 billion, to small businesses. Many stipulations were also hidden in the bill. Again, the bill had little or no economic effect.)

Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (Provided billions to supposed discriminated farmers.)

Healthy, Hunger Free-Kids Act of 2010 (Provided billions in additional funding the nutritional programs. Also granted the USDA more authority to regulate foods provided to schools.)

Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Extended the Bush tax cuts.)

Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010

Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2010 (Granted the FDA sweeping new authorities to regulate and oversee the growing and production of food.)

This administration has had undeniable success in enacting their legislative agenda, but when it comes to judging the effects and success of these policies this administration can do nothing but blame.

Obama went from embracing and taking credit for the Arab Spring, to blaming it for the stagnant growth of the economy in less than four months. :cuckoo:

Why won't the president or the democrats take responsibility for any of the policies they passed during the two years they reigned complete dominance over the federal government? They would rather America forget that inconvenient fact. :eusa_shhh:

You ask why the President or Democrats won't take responsibility for any of the policies passed during the two years they "reigned complete dominance over the federal government". As far as I can tell, they take responsibility for almost all of the policies listed. Has the President disowned DADT repeal, CHIP renewal, Fair Pay, HIRE, Serve America, Dodd-Frank, or any of the others? You may disagree with most of the legislation, but I don't think it's fair to say the President doesn't take responsibility for it.

The closest I can think of are the Bush tax cut renewals and the stimulus. From the beginning, Obama made it clear he didn't want to extend the tax cuts for wealthier Americans, and did so only as a compromise with the Republican House. With the stimulus, administration officials seem to acknowledge that the economy did not do as well post-stimulus as they'd hoped, which they attributed to a worse starting economy rather than a poorer stimulative effect than previously estimated. Neither of these seems to be an abdication of responsibility, though.

Obama does not, of course, accept total responsibility for the economy. Nor should he. No single person has total control over the economy, and after the most recent major bill gave Speaker Boehner 98% of what he wanted its clear that Congressional Republicans share stewardship over the nations economy.

In addition to the pieces of legislation he's signed, Obama has followed a number of policies that don't require Congressional action. Among these decisions over which he exerts greater control, such as the formulation of his military policy, I don't believe he has refused responsibility in any major way.

I think the contrast drawn between Obama's blame of Republicans and Truman's philosophy of "The buck stops here" is a false one. Truman ran (successfully) for election in 1948 by launching a series of bitter partisan attacks against a "do-nothing" Republican Congress. Obama may yet do the same, but so far his rhetoric has been more restrained than Harry S. "Give 'Em Hell" Truman's.

pUBS HAVE OBSTRUCTED everything SINCE 11/2009- WHEN ARE pUBS GOING TO ADMIT THAT- hELL, THE pUB/rUSH/fOXBOTS DON'T EVEN know THAT- THE DOMINATING STORY OF THIS WHOLE PERIOD.ooops... AMAZING!!

You're not supposed to drink the bong water.

Hope this helps.....

And you are the personification of exactly what is fucked up in this country right now. The problem is not the republicans or the democrats. The problem is with people like you that cast a vote based on nothing more than party affiliation. By your own admission, you do not care how bad a particular candidate is. If Adolf Hitler were to walk center stage you would vote for him as long as there was a D next to his name. Why? Because the republican would defiantly be worse? You can affirm this without one single fact or one single position outlined by the candidate? Partisan hackery has become a terrible plague in this nation almost to the point that I can think of virtually no other solution than demolishing parties altogether and it is only because of hyper partisans making statements like yours.

And you are the personification of exactly what is fucked up in this country right now. The problem is not the republicans or the democrats. The problem is with people like you that cast a vote based on nothing more than party affiliation. By your own admission, you do not care how bad a particular candidate is. If Adolf Hitler were to walk center stage you would vote for him as long as there was a D next to his name. Why? Because the republican would defiantly be worse? You can affirm this without one single fact or one single position outlined by the candidate? Partisan hackery has become a terrible plague in this nation almost to the point that I can think of virtually no other solution than demolishing parties altogether and it is only because of hyper partisans making statements like yours.

The party of the left is all about PARTY over COUNTRY!
If they got someone to run against Obama...that might tell us that they really do care where this country is going. Depending on who it is, i might even vote for that other person. I'm conservative, but do not call myself a republican. If the Dems had someone worth voting for i would. We need to do what right, not what others try to talk us into doing.

Forum List

Back