President O' Job Panel is MIA hasn't met in 6 months.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Gee, the President cares so much about getting America back to work. I guess he's been too busy to work on job creation. Things like having banquets at Clooney's house. How many fundraisers? I've lost track. Parties. Golfing. :D

But there are some interesting potential reasons why they've not gotten together according to Politico.

For starters, there’s the discomfort many business leaders may feel in appearing to embrace the president with his reelection bid in full swing.

Then, there’s the fact that some members of the commission have conspicuously declined to endorse him.

And that Obama has conspicuously declined to endorse some of their recommendations. And that some of what Obama won’t endorse has been warmly embraced by Republicans, including likely GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

To cap it all off, several of the companies whose CEOs serve on the panel are involved to some extent in outsourcing — a fact that could undercut the ferocious attack Obama and his campaign are mounting on Romney over his alleged ties to the practice.

Read more: President Obama's jobs panel missing in action - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Oh and little goodies like this are in the article. It's a good read.

There are other headaches as well.

Another executive on the council, Robert Wolf of UBS, works for a Swiss bank, reported by the Times’s Dealbook blog to be the next target of a Justice Department probe into the alleged manipulation of benchmark interest rates for mortgages and other loans. Wolf has also been pressured by other UBS executives to limit his appearances with Obama, the blog reported last month.

Gee, the President cares so much about getting America back to work. I guess he's been too busy to work on job creation. Things like having banquets at Clooney's house. How many fundraisers? I've lost track. Parties. Golfing. :D

But there are some interesting potential reasons why they've not gotten together according to Politico.

For starters, there’s the discomfort many business leaders may feel in appearing to embrace the president with his reelection bid in full swing.

Then, there’s the fact that some members of the commission have conspicuously declined to endorse him.

And that Obama has conspicuously declined to endorse some of their recommendations. And that some of what Obama won’t endorse has been warmly embraced by Republicans, including likely GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

To cap it all off, several of the companies whose CEOs serve on the panel are involved to some extent in outsourcing — a fact that could undercut the ferocious attack Obama and his campaign are mounting on Romney over his alleged ties to the practice.

Read more: President Obama's jobs panel missing in action - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Oh and little goodies like this are in the article. It's a good read.

There are other headaches as well.

Another executive on the council, Robert Wolf of UBS, works for a Swiss bank, reported by the Times’s Dealbook blog to be the next target of a Justice Department probe into the alleged manipulation of benchmark interest rates for mortgages and other loans. Wolf has also been pressured by other UBS executives to limit his appearances with Obama, the blog reported last month.

that's one hell of a laser Obama is focusing like, huh :rolleyes:

I think you are be very unrealistic. He can't create what he doesn't understand. He has never had a job. Passing out someone elese money to buy vote while dsquised as a community organizer doesn't count. He is a complete fraud and he is dangerous to America. Vote No mo obama

Any day now his stable full of unicorns are going to shit a giant pile of jobs. Just you wait and see.

obama+unicorn.jpg

Forum List

Back