President John McCain

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Who will dislike him more, liberals or Conservatives?

I bet President McCain is disliked very much by the right wing of the Republican party. They have cozied up to him to win the election but once it is over, Sarah Palin is put into a little show case and harmless job and McCain turns to deal with serious problems--Iraq, the budget, Global Warming, energy policy etc., I bet the right howls more than the left over the decisions he makes.

Liberals will be praying very hard that he doesn't die in office while I don't know what Conservatives will pray for in regards to McCain's health

*I don't write this thinking McCain will win

Speaking as one, I can affirm that is the very harsh reality McCain has to face.

Also, he will have to give her lots more authority. He is going to owe her big time.

Conservatives such as myself will not vote for John McCain. I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, and will vote for Bob Barr on Nov. 4. He will get much more criticism from the right, because he doesn't represent those ideals at all.

Who will dislike him more, liberals or Conservatives?

I bet President McCain is disliked very much by the right wing of the Republican party. They have cozied up to him to win the election but once it is over, Sarah Palin is put into a little show case and harmless job and McCain turns to deal with serious problems--Iraq, the budget, Global Warming, energy policy etc., I bet the right howls more than the left over the decisions he makes.

Liberals will be praying very hard that he doesn't die in office while I don't know what Conservatives will pray for in regards to McCain's health

*I don't write this thinking McCain will win

Liberals....

Conservatives such as myself will not vote for John McCain. I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, and will vote for Bob Barr on Nov. 4. He will get much more criticism from the right, because he doesn't represent those ideals at all.

Good choice. People should vote for the individual and not the party. Follow this guy's example people. Elect the individual and not the party. "The lesser of two evil?" Guess what, both parties are.

So is you new strategy to convince us that McCain is really the same as Obama? I really don't understand your new take, it's abso-fucking-lutely stupid.

McCain voted with George Bush 90% of the time. McCain is the same as Bush.

The radicalization of the conservative mindset on this board is quite obvious.

McCain is too liberal?

Yee Gads!

As an independent, I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary in my state. At the time, I disliked G. W. Bush and thought that McCain had enough moderate tendencies to make him a viable alternative to Gore. In particular, I thought his standards of honor and service were admirable.

Now, I find some of his approaches questionable. I understand that he wants to win (as any candidate would), no matter the cost. However, the very features that I had once liked are much harder to discern.

I respectfully disagree with the assessment that McCain is "the same as Bush." I believe McCain will indeed try to listen to all sides and broker the middle ground solutions in some cases. I also believe he has a firm grasp on international relations (although I disagree with many of his solutions).

However, by allying himself with so many of the central power centers of the Republican Party, he has trapped himself. If McCain achieves the Presidency, the social conservatives and Evangelicals, tax conservatives, and defense conservatives will hold him to his promises - even if he comes to believe that an alternative approach is best. His cabinet and advisers will be from those groups - the groups that gained him the office. His maverick days are over.

Our country has numerous issues to resolve, including the Soc Security and Medicare deficits, the revitalization of the American economy, and the conduct and resolution of the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. To help solve those problems, I believe that our next President must be untethered from conventional political power brokers. I'm no longer certain that McCain/Palin is the pair to accomplish that.

The radicalization of the conservative mindset on this board is quite obvious.

McCain is too liberal?

Yee Gads!

Yes. Big government, policing the world, pre-emptive wars, and continuing the empire of America are certainly not conservative.

So is you new strategy to convince us that McCain is really the same as Obama? I really don't understand your new take, it's abso-fucking-lutely stupid.

I hope McCain brings the amnesty bill up as his first act as President. Just get that done and out of the way so we can legalize all those poor immigrants that are trapped in the shadows of society

It would be a tribute to him and Senator Kennedy :clap2:

Chris/Kirk posts spam 100% of the time. Chris/Kirk=Spambot

Sorry, the facts don't fit your worldview.

George Bush has left America in a perilous state. Rising unemployment, rising gas prices, record foreclosures, record trade deficit, the Big Three on the verge of bankrupcy, $700 billion dollars wasted on Iraq, and a $500 billion dollar budget deficit.

These are the facts.

It's time for new leadership, not someone who voted with Bush 90% of the time.

I hope McCain brings the amnesty bill up as his first act as President. Just get that done and out of the way so we can legalize all those poor immigrants that are trapped in the shadows of society

It would be a tribute to him and Senator Kennedy

No... it would permanently cripple this country. There is nothing good about the illegal aliens that currently inhabit this country... NOTHING... here's more proof of that statement than you could ever dispute... wise up.

And if McCain does kick off after he gets elected, that would be the best thing that's happened to this country since Ronald Reagan. I don't see McCain kicking off though. Not when his mother is still alive and fiesty as ever at 97.

Last edited:
And if McCain does kick off after he gets elected, that would be the best thing that's happened to this country since Ronald Reagan. I don't see McCain kicking off though. Not when his mother is still alive and fiesty as ever at 97.

Don't worry on this account...a few private meetings with Palin will be sure to trip the old geezer's ticker!:lol:

Wow this is terrible! It's almost as bad as what happened when we let the Irish in

Not anywhere near the same... and I knew no one could dispute it intelligently. A joke is the best you got, and a pathetic one at that.

Last edited:
Don't worry on this account...a few private meetings with Palin will be sure to trip the old geezer's ticker!:lol:

I wonder if you're going to enjoy people thinking YOU are an "old geezer" when you're 72. My guess is you're not. 72 years old in this day and age isn't squat for old. Hell, you've barely passed retirement. Give me a break.

Forum List

Back