President Hypocrisy caught in the act of hypocrisy...

Oh we do? I didn't realize that it has been only the left decrying judicial activism all these years.

"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection, but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country and I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters, on some occasions, where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in, engage in violence. Certainly without any justification, but a concern that I have." ~ John Cornyn

“If you had to, or you’d instruct the Justice Department to send a U.S. Marshal. Let’s take the case of Judge Biery. I think he should be asked to explain a position that radical.”~ Newt Gingrich

If we’re going to respect judge-made law and stop praying in our public schools, that was the beginning of the judicial activism that’s begun to break down this civilization, and this culture. ~ Steve King

Unelected and serving with lifetime tenure, and substituting their view for the views of the people’s…the people and their elected representatives. That’s not the way our democracy is supposed to work. ~ John Cornyn

Judges are not policymakers. That’s what we are in the Congress of the United States. Judges are called on to decide the facts and to apply the law. ~ Chuck Grassley

"The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior," ~ Tom Delay (on the Terry Schiavo case)

And there is...

George W. Bush Agrees With Obama On Activist Judges - YouTube

Obama is decrying one court while asking another to do the very thing he is decrying. You're diversion is duly noted.

Now that's funny...I'm the one deflecting. The right has, for years, decried "judicial activism", but when President Obama does it, RW heads (like your VERY RW head) explode everywhere. When this blatant hypocrisy of the RW is exposed, you project "deflection" on those pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.

Justice Scalia was regurgitating Rush Limbaugh talking points (the same Rush he drinks with when he isn't being judicial) and when that is pointed out, ya'll accuse the President of "attacking" the judicial.

The courts have a long (extremely long, in fact) history of striking down NON-ECONOMIC bills passed by legislature. There is a TON of precedence in courts striking down, for example, laws that violate civil rights. How many times have the courts overruled the legislative on ECONOMIC issues?

Obamacare passed by 7 VOTES and was PASSED BASED totally on a false premise!

Obamacare supporters and ignorant conservatives ALL use 47 million "uninsured".
THERE ARE NOT 47 million Americans who WANT or ARE UNINSURED!
FACT!!
Yet this gross totally gross MYTH has perpetuated when even conservatives use that number BUT HERE ARE THE FACTS for the countless time I've submitted them!
A) Census says 10 million are not Citizens.. so why count them as uninsured?
B) Census says 14 million ARE covered by Medicaid so why are they counted..Uninsured
C) The biggest gross myth..counted as UNINSURED are 17.5 million people employed, under age 34, earning over $50,000 THAT COULD if they wanted BE INSURED!
They choose NOT to be.. SO why are ALL of us having our health care system DESTROYED for less the 5 million people???

WHEN those 5 million people that do need health insurance COULD BE INSURED by a private company funded by private premiums paid by a tax on insurance premiums!

BUT THEY gross overstated the problem so as to CONTROL health care as Obama has said :I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.” Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 .

Every one of the truly 5 million that want and need insurance could have a
Health insurance covered:
by employer 59.7%,
purchased individually 9.1%, and
27.0% was government funded (Medicare, Medicaid, Military).
Source: US Census Bureau
That is a total of 95.8% or only 13,020,000 truly uninsured!
Health Care Statistics in the United States

So why not have 213 million with health insurance paying average of $4,000/year were
taxed at just 2% of the $4,000 or $80 that would provide the truly 5,000,000 uninsured with health insurance premium of $3,412 per uninsured!

Forum List

Back