President Hypocrisy caught in the act of hypocrisy...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grampa Murked U, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768
    While standing before the cameras demanding that SCOTUS not be an activist court by striking down healthcare because it was properly passed by congress .......WHILE AT THE SAME TIME ...... He has lawyers before the 5th circuit court asking them to strike down the defense of marriage act which passed with a much bigger bipartisan support by congress.

Were it not for Fox News Sunday I would have never heard about this. So Mr Obama which is it? If SCOTUS is overstepping their boundaries why would you ask a lower court to do the very same thing?

2. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    As far back as I can remember the left has talked out of both sides of their ass.
    That has not changed, there is a reason we hammer them for situational ethics.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768
    I guess I just never really paid that much attention. This shit is so absurd its funny while at the same time a complete disgrace.

4. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    Probably because one is clearly Constitutional and the other is not. Naturally, you'll disagree with me on which one is and which one isn't Constitutional.

5. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768
    It's not up to either of us to make that determination. That's what the courts are for. There in lies the problem with the left. You seem to think that determination is up to you when it is not.

6. naturegirl

naturegirl Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +862
    See there's another way to look at this, perhaps they are both Unconstitutional. :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Seawytch

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    Only if you are looking at the issues from a strictly political viewpoint. The law and precedent on both issues is clear.

8. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768
    So you are a constitutional lawyer?

Didn't think so. And even if you were the decision is still not yours to make.

9. Seawytch

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    Oh we do? I didn't realize that it has been only the left decrying judicial activism all these years.

"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection, but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country and I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters, on some occasions, where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in, engage in violence. Certainly without any justification, but a concern that I have." ~ John Cornyn

“If you had to, or you’d instruct the Justice Department to send a U.S. Marshal. Let’s take the case of Judge Biery. I think he should be asked to explain a position that radical.”~ Newt Gingrich

If we’re going to respect judge-made law and stop praying in our public schools, that was the beginning of the judicial activism that’s begun to break down this civilization, and this culture. ~ Steve King

Unelected and serving with lifetime tenure, and substituting their view for the views of the people’s…the people and their elected representatives. That’s not the way our democracy is supposed to work. ~ John Cornyn

Judges are not policymakers. That’s what we are in the Congress of the United States. Judges are called on to decide the facts and to apply the law. ~ Chuck Grassley

"The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior," ~ Tom Delay (on the Terry Schiavo case)

And there is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QffazQIdVlM&feature=player_embedded]George W. Bush Agrees With Obama On Activist Judges - YouTube[/ame]

10. Grampa Murked U

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,768

Obama is decrying one court while asking another to do the very thing he is decrying. You're diversion is duly noted.