President Goodluck

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Riots erupted across northern Nigeria on Monday as President Goodluck Jonathan secured a decisive win in the country's presidential poll, which observers have described as the fairest in decades.

REUTERS - Deadly rioting erupted across Nigeria's largely Muslim north on Monday as youths torched churches and homes in anger at President Goodluck Jonathan's election victory.

Jonathan, the first president from the oil producing Niger Delta, was declared the winner with around 57 percent of votes. He defeated Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler from the north, who got around 31 percent.

Observers have called the poll the fairest in decades in Africa's most populous nation. But Buhari's supporters accuse the ruling party of rigging and rejected the results.

FRANCE 24 - Riots break out in north as Jonathan wins by landslide
You cant make this shit up.

While I do not understand why Northern Nigerians, mostly Muslims, alleged election was rigged in states won by their preferred candidate Buhari, I think the Northerners are angered by what they considered a breach of a Gentlemen's Agreement that exists between Muslim and Christian Nigerians:

The Nigerian Gentlemen's Agreement calls for a two-term Muslim rule followed by a two-term Christian rule and vise versa. But unfortunately, Muslim Alhaji Umaru Yar'Adu appointed Christian Goodluck as vice-president and upon his death, Goodluck became president. Most Nigerian Muslims were not opposed to Goodluck finishing Yar'Adu's first term, but had not expected Goodluck or a Christian to seek to become president when their two term agreement in Gentlemen's Agreement had not expired. And unfortunately for the Northern Muslim Nigerians, the Gentlemen's Agreement is not a part of Nigeria's Constitution and thus unenforceable.

I wish they would stop killing each other and simply focus on a better rhetoric in next election! So senseless!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back