President-Elect Obama Resigns From Senate

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
CHICAGO--
President-elect Barack Obama said Thursday he's resigning from the Senate, effective Sunday.

He is calling his four-year term "one of the highest honors and privileges" of his life.

this is good news..:clap2: he probably served all of two days in the Senate.

Didn't he introduce 2 bills? I think he voted at least 3 times. Surely he worked at least a week.

Actually, he voted on 492 bills in 4 years. I know you won't believe me so look at the links I provided above. No, they're not from the liberal, elite media, they're from the government. Oh wait, it's probably a conspiracy there as well, right?

Don't believe the truth.

Yeah, except he's been in office less than 3 years, and has been running for President for nearly two of those.

Whoa! He voted, so he IS.

The question was: What did he accomplish while he was in the Senate other than leaching off the tax payer?

Sorry for quoting your post, J. I don't communicate directly with pinheads - unless they have a valid point - and this one never does.

Whoa! He voted, so he IS.

The question was: What did he accomplish while he was in the Senate other than leaching off the tax payer?

Sorry for quoting your post, J. I don't communicate directly with pinheads - unless they have a valid point - and this one never does.

What does any other Senator ever accomplish? That is what we pay them to do, introduce bills and vote. Are you expecting him to carry your groceries and feed your pet goat?

Actually, he voted on 492 bills in 4 years. I know you won't believe me so look at the links I provided above. No, they're not from the liberal, elite media, they're from the government. Oh wait, it's probably a conspiracy there as well, right?

Don't believe the truth.

We are joking, DavidS.

Wait a second... Did you say 492 bills? I googled '492' and 'antichrist' and found this:

Obama = antichrist? 492 posts

I think you know what this means! :eek:

What does any other Senator ever accomplish? That is what we pay them to do, introduce bills and vote. Are you expecting him to carry your groceries and feed your pet goat?

Naaahhhh, but what bills did he write/introduce? What major legislation did he push for and get passed? WTF, I know you can read.

this is good news.. he probably served all of two days in the Senate.

He actually got two of the bills he sponsored passed. Not bad for a first term senator in a republican controlled senate.

He also was there more than McCain was for the last year.

Forum List

Back