President & Congress Gives $7 Billion To Pakistan: Yea or Nay?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
President Obama has signed a bill that gives $7 Billion in aid to Pakistan over five years,a measure that the nuclear-armed U.S. ally's Military had claimed was an intrusion into the nation's internal affairs.

It seems to me that Pakistan's Military has a good point. I'm still always surprised that these "Aid" packages aren't more publicly debated in our Congress. It seems like these deals are always done incredibly quickly and secretly by our Government. Personally i would have to vote Nay on this type of "Aid." Just interested in seeing what others think on this subject.

Is it me or do they always seem to be trying to slip something by us with these "Aid" packages? They seem to be done so quickly and secretly. I would like to see much more open & public debate in our Congress before just handing all that Tax Payer cash over to these countries. Hmm?

Hard call, TBH. We are between a rock and a hard place with Pakistan. We need their help (staging, some token and not so token captures, etc.), but they have diverted some funds to programs in conflict with our interests.

We cut them off, it gets worse for us.

We pay them, and some of that money goes against our interests.

And, they are nuclear.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
We will get nothing for that 7 billion.

You might as well burn it in a furnace.

Corporate America will retain its access to low-cost high-tech workers.

Other than that, what do we ever get in return for our foreign aid?

We will get nothing for that 7 billion.

You might as well burn it in a furnace.

Corporate America will retain its access to low-cost high-tech workers.

Other than that, what do we ever get in return for our foreign aid?
Why do we even give foreign aide?

Doesn't anyone find it insane we give away money when we owe record amounts?

The Bizarro world of American politics is astounding.

Hell No.

This is the type of shit that eventually leads to towers getting blown up.

Yea i really do think the whole Foreign Aid issue needs to be re-examined and handled differently. Why are these things always done so quickly and secretly? Why not do it openly & publicly so the American People can have a say? I mean don't our politicians represent we the people? Just seems like we the people have less & less say in our Government's decisions. This issue needs to be openly discussed more often. I do not support most "Aid" packages and i think there are Millions of American Citizens who feel the same way. Why don't they listen to us? It really is so frustrating.

As soon as Pakistan gives us the dead bodies of Osama Bin Laden and his top men.

I just read a report where it shows the Italian Government was actually caught paying the Taliban for not attacking their soldiers. Hmm? It seems to me we could save an awful lot of Tax Payer Cash if we just gave the Taliban a few bucks for not attacking our Soldiers rather than give the Pakistani Government $7 Billion. The Pakistani Government is a joke at this point and hasn't shown any real effort to help us lately. We really might be better off following the Italian's lead and give a few bucks to the Taliban instead. Just a thought anyway.

President Obama has signed a bill that gives $7 Billion in aid to Pakistan over five years,a measure that the nuclear-armed U.S. ally's Military had claimed was an intrusion into the nation's internal affairs.

It seems to me that Pakistan's Military has a good point. I'm still always surprised that these "Aid" packages aren't more publicly debated in our Congress. It seems like these deals are always done incredibly quickly and secretly by our Government. Personally i would have to vote Nay on this type of "Aid." Just interested in seeing what others think on this subject.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Did I say no?

We are in debt and still running a defecit in our spending, unless they want to cut medicade or welfare to pay for it...or social security, I say no.

Why do I pick those 3 entitlements? Because I know cutting them in order to pay for foreign aid would cause such a stink that it would never happen.

Didn't Pakistan recently launch their own pretty big offensive against Taliban strongholds? What is this higher level of support in the fight against the Taliban worth? Is THAT why some in the military think this is an intrusion? Is this participation in the fight against the Taliban TIED TO this support in some way?

It would explain a lot - including the relatively quiet negotiations.

So IF we are paying the Pakistanians to more actively participate and cooperate, what's that worth?

Unfortunately we've been paying the Pakistani Government $Billions for many years. What have we gotten in return? Not very much in my opinion. These "Aid" packages really should be publicly scrutinized more in my opinion. Why the hurry and all the secrecy? Let the People have a say for once. I really am beginning to like the Italians' idea of paying the Taliban for not attacking their troops. They just caught doing this and there has been a great deal of outrage over this. But is it really so outrageous? I think we really could save a whole lot of Tax Payer Cash if we just followed the Italians' lead and gave a couple of bucks to the Taliban for not attacking us rather than give several $Billions to an incompetent and corrupt Pakistan Government. Oh well,something to ponder anyway.

It really is strange that you only hear about these "Aid" packages after they've been approved and passed. You just don't hear much about them before they're voted on. This has to be intentional by our Government. No open debate at all. They're just immediately rushed through and passed. This really bothers me and i'm surprised this doesn't bother more Americans. What's wrong with allowing the People to have a say in these things? Seems reasonable to me.

Pakistan is where its at in terms of fighting terrorists. $1.4 Billion a year to have them do the fighting instead of our boys is a small price to pay

New Topics

Forum List

Back