President Bush's "Decision Points"

someone who was lead around by the nose?

someone who was manipulated?

someone who wasn't strong enough to stand up to someone stronger and more nefaroius?

someone for whom the worst moment of his presidency, a presidency in which 3,000 people died in an attack on one of our largest cities; and a presidency where they lost a city to a flood.... but the worst moment was kanye west being mean to him.

No evidence of any of the first three bullet points.

The last comment is at least based on a reply President Bush actually gave. And while you might disagree with it and with him on that call, it is apparent to me that he was talking to a slightly different meaning of "low point." Still, that answer did sound kind of stupid. So, you get a generous full point out of four.

So you get a grade of 25%. You fail, jilly.

*yawn* i love when people like you declare other people fail.

<<yawn>> That's nice. <<yawn>>

But it doesn't refute the fact that your first three bullet points were all accusations devoid of evidence.

Maybe (yes, I will go out on the proverbial limb, and just "spit-ball" here) you should read the book before you blather.

And maybe (same caveat) you should have something solid to support your suppositions before you spout them off as though they are "facts" when they plainly are not and you end up looking rally pretty stupid

like you did in your prior post.

<<yawn>>

This morning, I saw Bush look Matt Lauer (and all of America) in the eye and, with a perfectly straight face, say the reason he authorized water boarding was because his lawyers told him it was legal.

Bush's lawyers told him it was legal. OK.

This morning, I saw Bush look Matt Lauer (and all of America) in the eye and, with a perfectly straight face, say the reason he authorized water boarding was because his lawyers told him it was legal.

It was.

It was.

It IS.

Obama has given an executive order prohibiting it, but there's no law against it.

The Libs seem to think that Americans hate torturing known terrorists, which only increases the distance between themselves and mainstream voters. Liberal Media, Matt Lauer et al, only serve to magnify the gulf between Reality and the Pointy-headed Inhabitants of New England's Ivory Towers.

Not all of it, obviously. The problem is often a matter of interpretation. And how badly some intel got interpreted is a function of how screwed up our State Department had gotten and how ill-equipped (Human Intelligence) our CIA was.

what about Cheney putting pressure on the CIA? or the fact that Bush's cabinet was comprised of individuals who had wanted to attack Iraq for 10 years?

If Vice President Cheney believed that Saddam's Iraq had WMDs, then any "pressure" he put on the CIA was motivated by that belief -- and the possible consequences of such a state of affairs.

And if it so happens that the desire of some advisers to "attack" Iraq coincided with a reason (after 9/11/2001 and in light of the lessons we were drawing about the state of the world because of 9/11) to go after Saddam's regime, that still doesn't mean that the President got manipulated or lied to.

Except that many of the folks in Bush's circle were lobbying Clinton for military action against Saddam back in '98. They had a hard on for Saddam and 9/11 became a convenient excuse to manipulate Bush into fulfilling their long held desire.

Letter to President Clinton on Iraq

"Given the magnitude of the threat, the current policy, which depends for its success upon the steadfastness of our coalition partners and upon the cooperation of Saddam Hussein, is dangerously inadequate. The only acceptable strategy is one that eliminates the possibility that Iraq will be able to use or threaten to use weapons of mass destruction. In the near term, this means a willingness to undertake military action as diplomacy is clearly failing. In the long term, it means removing Saddam Hussein and his regime from power. That now needs to become the aim of American foreign policy."

Bush Book = Spin

Clearly,...you haven't read any of President Bush's book.

and it's a good bet George W. Bush hasn't either.

:lol:
I don't doubt for a moment that he used a ghost writer to write or assist in writing the book. (Oh nosies. Not THAT! :eek: You pansy hypocritical liberoidal scum are all alike in your hypocrisy.)

But, unlike you, President Bush is able to discuss the matters in his book on a mature and intelligent level.

I bet whoever wrote it is not dying to let people know they wrote a Fairy Tale. :eusa_shhh:

Zzzz. You are so boring and trite and ploddingly predictable, Dainty.

You bring nothing to the table. Ever.

monkeys-laughing75pc.jpg

Last edited:
Except that many of the folks in Bush's circle were lobbying Clinton for military action against Saddam back in '98. They had a hard on for Saddam and 9/11 became a convenient excuse to manipulate Bush into fulfilling their long held desire.

Regime change had been in the cards for a while in Iraq. There'd been enormous pressure after the attempt on George H.W. Bush's life on Clinton. I recall that there was some buzz about Iraq in the 2000 elections, and Powell talked a bit about Iraq Regime change prior to 9/11.

The lead up to Iraq was there for folks that were looking for it. Chances are with or without 9/11 there'd have been a war with them. Saddam just took too much pleasure in tweaking our noses to go on forever without some kind of response from a President.

Clearly,...you haven't read any of President Bush's book.

and it's a good bet George W. Bush hasn't either.

I bet whoever wrote it is not dying to let people know they wrote a Fairy Tale. :eusa_shhh:

Zzzz. You are so boring and trite and ploddingly predictable, Dainty.

You bring nothing to the table. Ever.

monkeys-laughing75pc.jpg

Ah. Re-confirmation.

As I correctly and succinctly noted, Dainty;

you bring nothing to the table. Ever.

Lie-ability, what you bring to the table makes spam look like Fillet mignon

Well, I think you fucked that one up, Dainty.

In any event, even when you aren't proving what a joke you are, Dainty, you lie habitually. You always have. But even if your dull-witted perception contained a hint of validity (and it doesn't), it wouldn't change the fact that you bring nothing to the table.

And your quoted petty little posting effort once again proves it.

Bush is a decisive man, I agree with much of what he did or wanted to do but often disagree with much of the way he executed it. (The lack of occupational planning in Iraq was breathtaking and cost many needless American lives. As early as mid summer 2003 I was saying there would be an huge insurgency if they do not put more troops in and restore order.)

His lawyers told him water boarding was legal.

OK, but it is also his job to think, ask for a wide variety of advice, not just some flunky White House lawyer telling him what he wants to hear so he may become Attorney General some day.

The US is the only signatory to the anti torture Convention that believes water boarding is not torture.

Christopher Hitchens, a supporter of the WOT and the invasion of Iraq underwent water boarding, he states &#8220;believe me, it is torture.&#8221; As he states, you are not simulating drowning, you are very slowly drowning the person, if you continued it the person would drown.

President Bush's "Decision Point"

Bush-%20My%20Pet%20Goat%20book.jpg

FAIL...

^ One of the liberals' most absurd talking pointlesses.

In reality (an alien concept to asshole libs), there was nothing whatsoever wrong with the President remaining in that classroom for those extra few minutes.

Bfgrn's talking point is the real FAIL.

FAIL...

In reality (an alien concept to asshole libs), there was nothing whatsoever wrong with the President remaining in that classroom for those extra few minutes.

Bfrgn would have liked to see him run out of the classroom waving his arms and screaming.....:cuckoo:

There are legitimate criticisms of Bush, but this is not one of them.

FAIL...

I grew up in the '50's like Bush. So now that I think about it, George probably did what any second-grader would do. Especially when he was told: "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK"

11.jpg

duckandcover.jpg

falloutshelter.jpg
desks.jpg

FAIL...

Bfrgn would have liked to see him run out of the classroom waving his arms and screaming.....:cuckoo:

There are legitimate criticisms of Bush, but this is not one of them.

So...my choices are:

1) The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America is told: "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK" ...he sits there like a big fat turd on the lawn while Americans are being slaughtered.

2) The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America is told: "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK" ...he run out of the classroom waving his arms and screaming.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back