President Bush's "Decision Points"

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Thanks to my buddies over at Barnes and Noble, I am now in possession of President George W. Bush's memoir, Decision Points. I finished the download just a short time ago and am now enjoying the first few pages.

Here's a fun fact. In his book, W suggests that his mom had a double wide ass.*

True story!

:cool:

Better save your money and buy "The Next Decade" from George Friedmann which is being published in January.

Thanks to my buddies over at...

Bush Book = Spin

Dainty comment = stupidity.

Clearly, Dainty, you haven't read any of President Bush's book.

Your zeal to speak from you boundless and inexhaustible supply of ignorance is revealing. What it reveals about you is mere confirmation of what we already knew about you. You are a vapid little pant-load.

A while ago, there was a thread on usmb.com about an US general who published his memoirs and he claimed to oppose the Wars. I suppose, Bush will make the same white-washing of his hands. There are already printed some passages in the press, where he claims he was a dissent voice in the build-up of the war.
Like ze GermanGuy recently put it: The US has systemic error in its economy. Independent from who rules, the USA is in downward-spiral, it will only stop that trend if it does cut spending like Brits do. Bush is the main reason, why USA is not liked anymore like it used to be. Simple as that.

WTF do his predictions have to do with the Bush memoir?

German State Television, ARD
German diplomats in Washington say the U.S. had not really realized how their position has changed in the world
Analyse: USA suchen nach neuer Türkei-Strategie | tagesschau.de

George Friedmann's book will be of more value to you Americans, catapulting you into today's and this decades realities, which are to a great extent shaped by Bush's failures. We're in transition phase, the US already acts on a lot of issues from reactionary position rather then setting the tone.

A while ago, there was a thread on usmb.com about an US general who published his memoirs and he claimed to oppose the Wars. I suppose, Bush will make the same white-washing of his hands. There are already printed some passages in the press, where he claims he was a dissent voice in the build-up of the war.
Like ze GermanGuy recently put it: The US has systemic error in its economy. Independent from who rules, the USA is in downward-spiral, it will only stop that trend if it does cut spending like Brits do. Bush is the main reason, why USA is not liked anymore like it used to be. Simple as that.

WTF do his predictions have to do with the Bush memoir?

German State Television, ARD
German diplomats in Washington say the U.S. had not really realized how their position has changed in the world
Analyse: USA suchen nach neuer Türkei-Strategie | tagesschau.de

George Friedmann's book will be of more value to you Americans, catapulting you into today's and this decades realities, which are to a great extent shaped by Bush's failures. We're in transition phase, the US already acts on a lot of issues from reactionary position rather then setting the tone.

No. Predictions are a dime a dozen even from guys who head up international security firms. Ho hum.

The memoirs of President Bush about our recent history are of much larger historical import.

Somebody needs to teach you folks in the rest of the world a thing or three about stalwart leadership in times of crisis.

Just compare barrel prices from pre-Iraq to where they are now for years.
Significant income increases through all these years for the likes of Russia and Iran, while the USA was tied up in Iraq and effectively brought Al-Qaeda to this region.

Bush Book = Spin

Clearly,...you haven't read any of President Bush's book.

and it's a good bet George W. Bush hasn't either.

:lol:

I don't doubt for a moment that he used a ghost writer to write or assist in writing the book. (Oh nosies. Not THAT! :eek: You pansy hypocritical liberoidal scum are all alike in your hypocrisy.)

But, unlike you, President Bush is able to discuss the matters in his book on a mature and intelligent level.

The memoirs of President Bush about our recent history are of much larger historical import.
(...)

Agreed, but I assumed, that you have mortgage problems and live from paycheck to paycheck. So it was just a suggestion from my side how to spend your money. The decision off course is yours.

Really? Where? What Press?

I'll go ahead and believe what I read and hear DIRECTLY: What I heard Bush say had nothing to do with "white-washing" anything. He takes full responsibility.

I'll go ahead and believe what I read and hear DIRECTLY: What I heard Bush say had nothing to do with "white-washing" anything. He takes full responsibility.

"I was a dissenting voice. I didn't want to use force," Bush said in an interview on NBC television as part of a series of appearances ahead of the release of his new book. "I was trying to give diplomacy a chance to work."
Bush says he was 'dissident voice' on Iraq invasion - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

"I was a dissenting voice. I didn't want to use force," Bush said in an interview on NBC television as part of a series of appearances ahead of the release of his new book. "I was trying to give diplomacy a chance to work."
Bush says he was 'dissident voice' on Iraq invasion - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

but Cheney, wolfowitz, and perle wanted to invade....

(...)

Agreed, but I assumed, that you have mortgage problems and live from paycheck to paycheck. So it was just a suggestion from my side how to spend your money. The decision off course is yours.

Your baseless assumptions are of no interest here. And nobody asked for your worthless opinion on how any of us "should" spend our money.

Try to post on topic. Or, if you can't manage that, you have a perfectly valid right to drink a huge mug of STFU.

but Cheney, wolfowitz, and perle wanted to invade....

But ultimately, who made the decision? Who was the only one who could?

New Topics

Forum List

Back