President Bush: A Truman for our times

I have to say, I was surprised by this article, which made me think twice. The commentator, Edward Luttwak -- an individualist, but a knowledgable person -- thinks Bush has done very well.

One can find arguments that Hitler or Stalin did very well. Doesn't make them good upstanding citizens.

"Yes, Heil Hitler. I, too, say that because he is truly a great man." --David Lloyd George, Prime Minister, UK

Following World War II, after 1945, Winston Churchill obviously read 'Mein Kampf" and subsequentely expressed his opinion, to have "slaughtered the wrong pig" in WWII. (H. Sündermann, "Old Foe, What Now?")

"New findings of Russian researchers show that Hitler wasn't the genius of evil as portrayed at all times by all sides." --Berliner Morgenpost - Sunday, March 11, 2001

"It is not the Germany of the first decade that followed the war- broken, dejected and bowed down with a sense of apprehension and impotence. It is now full of hope and confidence, and of a renewed sense of determination to lead its own life without interference from any influence outside its own frontiers. One man has accomplished this miracle. He is a born leader of men. A magnetic and dynamic personality with a single-minded purpose, a resolute will and a dauntless heart."

--David Lloyd George, Prime Minister, UK The Daily Express 9-17-36

http://www.rense.com/general51/strange.htm

Last edited:
Hey its hard to be the man in charge is all I can say and a lot of people who think they could do it better can't.

Forum List

Back