President and First Lady Receive Highest Award

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
President Obama, Michelle Obama Receive Highest Award In Homeless Veteran Advocacy

And, they deserve it.

President Obama advocated for vets back when he was a senator and he's still doing it. Now, with the First and Second Lady's involved as well.

The way we have treated our vets is obscene.

On any given night last January, 67,495 homeless veterans were sleeping on the streets, a 56 percent decline since the president took office, according to the Annual Homelessness Assessment Report to Congress.

And, we've obviously got a long way to go.

oh brother.

These two are just saints sent to us from the heavens that they have to give them awards for it

Last edited:
No politician deserves an 'award' for the way they treat our vets. If Obama really gave a shit about them, he would stop using them as a political football... as would every other politician in DC. When it comes to our Vets, the vast majority of our politician are scum... and that includes your messiah.

I guess the right wing doesn't care about homeless vets.

oh shut the fuck up...you're just a damn parrot..

Pot_Meet_Kettle-1.jpg

Those who actually care do not allow our vets to be used as a political football. Your messiah uses our vets, as do most other politicians. But you're too much of a hack to recognize that.

No politician deserves an 'award' for the way they treat our vets. If Obama really gave a shit about them, he would stop using them as a political football... as would every other politician in DC. When it comes to our Vets, the vast majority of our politician are scum... and that includes your messiah.

This non-profit advocacy group thinks you're full of shit. From the OP article:

The Obamas were chosen to get this year’s Jerald Washington Memorial Founders' Award, according to the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans (NCHV), and Barack Obama is the first person -- in history -- to receive the award more than once.

Barack Obama is tackling the issue with his “Opening Doors: Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness,” an initiative that aims to end chronic and veteran homelessness by 2015. He's working to meet this goal by mainstreaming housing, health, education and human service programs.

"Under the leadership of President Obama, we are witnessing unprecedented national unity in the campaign to end and prevent veteran homelessness," Patrick Ryan, Chairman of the NCHV Board of Directors, said in a press release. "The progress we have seen from the federal agencies, the Congress, the community partners NCHV represents, and the American people in just the last three years give rise to the expectation that this campaign will succeed."

Too lazy to read the article I gather.

I did not read that, only CG writing that it should not be an AWARD, it should be an everyday concern.

Obama won the award twice for decisive action, not "concern", and is ridiculed by the right wing for doing so. How much does the Ryan budget proposal cut from this program?

Forum List

Back