Presentation of a new member

Welcome to USMB, Damienfr. I hope that you enjoy the boards. I hear you have a beautiful and sophisticated country, one I haven't had the privilege of visiting, I'm so sorry to say.

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this board, so I come introduce myself here.

My name is Damien, I'm 25, I come from Grenoble (in France), and I'm entrepreneur (Graphic design, Game & Software development)

I apologize because my English is not perfect (I am also here to learn to speak better)

Thanks and See you soon :)

Grenoble, France. Home of Andre the Giant. Welcome. You're English seems acceptable to me ;)

Bienvenue, mon ami. J'espère que vous avez une peau épaisse.

Welcome to USMB, Damienfr. I hope that you enjoy the boards. I hear you have a beautiful and sophisticated country, one I haven't had the privilege of visiting, I'm so sorry to say.

I once spent 4 hours in Paris... mistake in ticketing when I bought my round trip train ticket from Antwerpen, Belgium. At least I got to the Eiffel tower. Standing directly under it is incredibly humbling.

Hi everybody,

My name is Damien, I'm 25, I come from Grenoble (in France), and I'm entrepreneur (Graphic design, Game & Software development)

I apologize because my English is not perfect (I am also here to learn to speak better)

You should go to murka and teach English. Seriously !
Parlez vous Republican ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaxECcTjCuw]Redneck lady disses Obama - YouTube[/ame]

France?

Frog-tickled-feels-good-man.gif

Welcome!
Jump right in and enjoy the board.
thank you for the reception (?)

(I dont know if its a good sentence, maybe the right thing to say is : "thank you for the welcome", i dont really know)

Welcome to the playground!

Beyond your personal growth goals, don't worry too much about your English - we pretty much speak American around here, which is similar to English, but the grammar and spelling rules are a LOT looser. Especially with the prevalence of thumb-typos and auto-correct boo-boos brought to the table by people too cheap to have a phone and a computer.

How's this guy going to brush up on English when you all keep posting in French?
No problem with that !

Grenoble, France. Home of Andre the Giant. Welcome. You're English seems acceptable to me ;)
Ok ... The Eighth Wonder of the World ... (thanks Wikipedia) lol

Thanks for your welcome ! :)

You should go to murka and teach English. Seriously !
Parlez vous Republican ?
I dont understand the joke, sorry ... :confused:

USA ?

SJnjI.jpg

Vive La France! Vive La Republique! Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

Bastille Day is on Saturday, July 14, 2012.

I'll be hoisting one in honor of that day just as I always do.

Vive La France! Vive La Republique! Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

Bastille Day is on Saturday, July 14, 2012.

I'll be hoisting one in honor of that day just as I always do.
Huhu.

So, this is a little gift [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOwJTlLnbFw"]The Full Parade of July 14, 2011 in Paris[/ame] :)

Hi everybody,

I was in France last year (Paris). Nice country you have. Loved the streetside cafes. Welcome aboard.

I was in France last year (Paris). Nice country you have.
Oh, Paris is beautiful for tourism (one or two time), but I could never live in this city.

For your next trip, I suggest you go to another city (what I call "the real France"), like :

- Lyon (for the "old quarter", the third largest city in France after Paris and Marseille)
- Avignon (with its huge "city of the popes")
- Arles (for the roman arena and the ancient theater) or Orange (in the same style)
- Bordeaux (for its wine, of course)
- Colmar (the "little venise", and "Alsaciennes" houses)
- Nice (for its beautiful houses, its colors, the "Promenade des Anglais")
- Toulon (if you like Rugby)
- La Corse (our island with incredible landscapes)
- Les Chateaux de la Loire (more than 150 castles on 5 departments and more than 1200 manors)
- L’Ile de Ré (for its cobblestone streets, restaurant oposite to the beach)
- La Normandie (in particular for "Les Falaises d’Etretat", or not far "Le Mont-Saint-Michel")
- Les Gorges du Verdon (for the canyon with turquoise waters)
- La Camargue (for the regional park, flamingos, salt ponds and lavender)
- And many beautiful small villages like : "Gordes", "Castelnaud", "Les Baux de Provence", "Moustiers Ste Marie", etc...

or Grenoble (if you like skiing / snowboarding) :D but it would not be objective

Loved the streetside cafes.
I love it too :)

Welcome aboard.
Thanks !

Last edited:

Forum List

Back