Present Ideas!

depending on how much you want to spend certificates for movies are always a welcome gift, especially around the Holidays when all the good movies are released. You could also do one to a local restuarant.

Christmas has never been cancelled. Not in my family. We may resort to homemade presents...but it's still Christmas.

One year, when my kids were little, our refrigerator gave out. Because we had to buy a new fridge, we didn't have a whole lot left over for presents, so we took the fridge box and painted it into a house, and the boys had more fun with that box than any of the expensive presents they gotten since.

OMG, I can never get rid of box in our house. My son claims it and never wants to throw it out. One year, they created their own Hooverville.

lol, you're an idiot

I am suppose to care if you believe I am married or not.

sorrym Howard Stern always talks about the real doll, you obivously don't listen to him, not that I really do anymore cause his show has lost some of its humor.

also, I probably got laid more on my spring break trips to Cancun and Ibiza, then you have in your life. You are a loser dude, let me guess

Do you live at home still?

In mommy and daddy's basement screaming at the computer screen because you and your cyber buddies failed to kill a dragon? I choose to make fun of you on this front because I find it so utterly pathetic that you play and defend these types of games.

and, did you really just use the word "PWN" before?

OMG, you are a fucking geek

My nieces husband is a software engineer. He makes good money. He plays games like that, though a lot less often now that they have kids.

BTW, the Bible was misinterpreted. It's not the meek that will inherit the earth, it's the geeks.

:lol:

depending on how much you want to spend certificates for movies are always a welcome gift, especially around the Holidays when all the good movies are released. You could also do one to a local restuarant.

Restaurant certificate might be good. Most likely they won't go out of business. Thanks, Silence.

Why did you move?

After I graduated the company I worked for asked me to take a position here in Miami. This was back in 03. They paid moving expenses, and put me up for 6 months till I foudn my own place.

It worked out, because at that time real estate here was really inexpensive, so I got a really nice place that even with the popping of th ebubble I can still sell for double then what I paid for.

Plus, when you live in NYC your whole life, you tend to think the world revolves around you (which it does). Also, my parents lived here in South Florida as well as my other fam.

I think though I am going to move back up once my son is ready to start school. I don't think i want to raise him down here.

OMG, I can never get rid of box in our house. My son claims it and never wants to throw it out. One year, they created their own Hooverville.

To anybody with little kids and little money, I suggest they call a local appliance store to see if they can get a big box for free. Most of them will save you one or several, and little kids love boxes.

We used to buy our milk in those little 1/2 gal cardboard containers. Save those up, cut the tops off, push them together and paint them and you have big bricks a kid can build all kinds of things with and if it falls down, it doesn't hurt anyone.

Christmas has never been cancelled. Not in my family. We may resort to homemade presents...but it's still Christmas.

One year, when my kids were little, our refrigerator gave out. Because we had to buy a new fridge, we didn't have a whole lot left over for presents, so we took the fridge box and painted it into a house, and the boys had more fun with that box than any of the expensive presents they gotten since.

I love that story!

Well, you could fall back on my old standards of homemade fudge and Russian teacakes, but since he's a single, how about sausage balls? It's a southern recipe, but once they're made, you can freeze them and then just take out and microwave whatever portion you want. They are our tradition Christmas and Thanksgiving day breakfast. We make them ahead of time and then we have more time on those days for more important things.

what if he doesn't eat pork? Maybe he's Buddhist (do they eat pork? The only one I knew wouldn't touch meat...just chicken once in a while. And crickets. She loved crickets).

Get him that hilarious DVD with what's his name...the fat comic who died where he's an idiot kung fu/karate guy...what is that movie called? It's hilarious and I've yet to meet a man who doesn't love it.

Chris Farley. That's the name of the actor. Back in a flash with the name of the movie (though he probably already has it).

Either that or a collection of THe Karate Kid movies, hahaha.

Honestly, I'm the worst gift giver in the world. I once gave my husband, a published author, a book on how to write mysteries. No kidding. It was a good book, with a collection of essays from top mystery writers in the world on how to write mysteries (which is why I thought he'd like it). If he was insulted he hid it well...though perhaps that was what behind the fact that every gift he ever gave me was either one size too small (clothing) or 4 sizes too big (shoes). He apparently thought I was a skinny woman with immense feet. Or he just liked watching me flop around in huge shoes while wearing coats I couldn't button up.

Last edited:
what if he doesn't eat pork? Maybe he's Buddhist (do they eat pork? The only one I knew wouldn't touch meat...just chicken once in a while. And crickets. She loved crickets).

Get him that hilarious DVD with what's his name...the fat comic who died where he's an idiot kung fu/karate guy...what is that movie called? It's hilarious and I've yet to meet a man who doesn't love it.

Chris Farley. That's the name of the actor. Back in a flash with the name of the movie (though he probably already has it).

Either that or a collection of THe Karate Kid movies, hahaha.

Honestly, I'm the worst gift giver in the world. I once gave my husband, a published author, a book on how to write mysteries. No kidding. It was a good book, with a collection of essays from top mystery writers in the world on how to write mysteries (which is why I thought he'd like it). If he was insulted he hid it well...though perhaps that was what behind the fact that every gift he ever gave me was either one size too small (clothing) or 4 sizes too big (shoes). He apparently thought I was a skinny woman with immense feet. Or he just liked watching me flop around in huge shoes while wearing coats I couldn't button up.

Nope, my husband is the world's worst gift giver. One year for Christmas he gave me a toy train and Barbie doll clothes. Apparently I had paused a little too long at those displays while we were shopping at Target. Most of the time now, I buy my present and give it to him to wrap.:lol:

yeah it was great.

It was actually more pricey then what I thought, but very good.

The fondue was awesome!

I had the cookies an dcream marshmellow dream lol, just because the name was awesome and the seafood trio

it was excellent

I've finally given up. I buy people things I want and after they unwrap them, I take them from them.

Barbie clothes? WTH was he thinking?

My sister's father-in-law bought his new blushing bride a TURKEY BASTER (not wrapped) for their first Christmas.

She was NOT pleased, spent the day crying hysterically, and he never made that mistake again.

yeah it was great.

It was actually more pricey then what I thought, but very good.

The fondue was awesome!

I had the cookies an dcream marshmellow dream lol, just because the name was awesome and the seafood trio

it was excellent

yeah a full course meal can get expensive but the experience is so worth it IMO.

One of the best dates I ever went on was at the melting pot... back booth, low lights, fondue... yep yep... that was a good date! :redface:

yeah a full course meal can get expensive but the experience is so worth it IMO.

One of the best dates I ever went on was at the melting pot... back booth, low lights, fondue... yep yep... that was a good date! :redface:

yup, i am sure I will hit that place up again in the near future.

also, pretty lame guy if the best part was the fondue

Forum List

Back