Preseason....Seattle vs Denver.

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Tomorrow we kick it off for the 2015 season. In Seattle the no count games DO have meaning. Carroll wants his players to win every game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new faces perform.

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching Jimmy Graham perform on a Seahawk uni.

Kickoff 7:05 PM Pacific time in Century Link field.

Raining cats and dogs at present in Seattle but the weather radar says the rain will stop just a few minutes before kickoff.

Good! We have a ton of receivers to sort out. The last thing we need is a weather forced running attack when we already know Marshawn Lynch has the starting spot.

Tyler Lockett is a keeper. Ran a 103 yard kick off back for a TD.

Frank Clark is a keeper. A one man wrecking crew when the scrubs aren't getting penalties negating his awesome plays.

TE McCoy dropped two passes that were laid in his hands as nice as can be. Results ...two punts.

Christine Michael can go bye bye. Fumbled twice on the same play and lost the ball. He falls down on his own more often than the Denver defense tackled him.

So can # 19 Douglas McNeil III. The Hawks were on their way to winning the game late in the 4th qtr and Frank Clark busted through the line and sacked the Denver qb leaving 4th and forever except that WAY down the field that idiot McNeil had his hands up in the face mask of a receiver that wasn't going to get a pass thrown to him let alone catch it. Douglas screwed the pooch. He is too stupid to be a Seattle Seahawk.

Rawls is a horrible running back. He is too small and can't keep his legs underneath him.

Archer is a joke as a back up QB. He is stupid. Has no understanding of down and distance. Continually threw his passes far too short for any prayer of getting first downs.

Travaris Jackson injured his ankle. Good. That will make it a no brainer to cut him so we can go find a decent backup for Wilson.

Our O-LIne almost got Wilson killed. They need a lot of work. Right now they are so porous that they got Wilson sacked twice resulting in two fumbles one lost. NOT Russell's fault. The gave him NO time at all. The O-Line as it stands at this point is an embarrassment.

Jimmy Graham looked smooth but Wilson was only in for two series that the #1 O-Line screwed up.

If I was Russell Wilson I would be having words with the fuck ups that constitute our first string O-Line.

The Hawks will sort out their problems but the scrubs looked awful and with no LOB present they looked lost and incapable of preventing Denver's second stringers from moving up and down the field.

The next pre season game should be a lot more representative of Seahawk football. There should be no problem cleaning house of 10-20 players that will stop many of the stupid and awkward plays that caused most of the broken plays and stupid penalties.

I do have concerns with right Tackle Justin Britt. He was dependable last season but got beat twice tonight and Wilson got hammered both times. If he doesn't get his shit together quick he needs to be cut. His crappy play could easily get Wilson injured.

I agree about Michael and McCoy but I thought Rawls looked really good. Wilson has to work on not zeroing in on graham. I also thought archer did well. He wasn't afraid to go out there and throw it where most third string quarterbacks would just hand it off every down. He used his opportunity to take some chances and show his ability. Not everyone can be Wilson and using him and lynch as a measuring stick is unrealistic. Smith did well and is still developing. Again, can't expect Sherman. If any of the people listed were as good as the people they were rep,acing they would have their job. Remember these people are shooting for back up positions not starters. The o line needs some work, they broke open too much especially the starters. Wilson has to have some time. Lots to work on but it is only the first outing. It is nice to win but the most important thing is evaluations. I think the best preseason records are 2-2. With the two winning games being the ones where the starters are on more of the game than not.

I do have concerns with right Tackle Justin Britt. He was dependable last season but got beat twice tonight and Wilson got hammered both times. If he doesn't get his shit together quick he needs to be cut. His crappy play could easily get Wilson injured.

In favor of who? Britt was dependable last year, as you said, and there's no shame in getting beaten by Von Miller. It was the first game of pre-season and he played only a couple series'. Relax. Give it time to work itself out. Besides, who exactly are you going to put in there if you cut him?

In favor of who? Britt was dependable last year, as you said, and there's no shame in getting beaten by Von Miller. It was the first game of pre-season and he played only a couple series'. Relax. Give it time to work itself out. Besides, who exactly are you going to put in there if you cut him?

Maybe you and Trinity are right but we have waited a hell of a long time to have a Russell Wilson to lead the team. He is GOLD. Yes he can get outside quickly and once on the move his ability will keep him from harm's way. I would rather that Carroll not play Wilson at all in these no count games. He has nothing to prove.

We have no one to replace Britt. We should have just played Jackson and let the 1's get their game speed legs under them with Travaris at the helm.

Tomorrow we kick it off for the 2015 season. In Seattle the no count games DO have meaning. Carroll wants his players to win every game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new faces perform.

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching Jimmy Graham perform on a Seahawk uni.

Kickoff 7:05 PM Pacific time in Century Link field.

0-2, do you really still think wins count in Preseason?

I really like preseason to look at talent. Whether a team wins or not, is not important. Carroll is smart enough to see that.

Sorry, NO meaning in terms of a win or a loss.

wish I could have seen this game.While watching the seahawks and chargers game last night they were showing the highlight of that asshole pete the cheat being hit by kevin Lockett on a kickoff on the sideline.that was priceless.:biggrin: too bad he didnt get hurt.lol

the NFL is indeed serious unlike in the past about a team being in Los Angeles next year because im sure you remember while watching that game last night that they discussed how fans in san diego are frustrated with the chargers organization because of the real threat they might be the team from the AFC to move there?

Boy the seahawks offense looked really bad last night.If not for that kickoff return on special teams by Lockett they would have lost that game.The third preseason game teams always want to use as their dress rehearsal for the season and be playing well at that time. having a new look offensive line may be their weakness this year and hurt them.,not that i care anymore.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back