Prescription Drug Use Is Killing More People Than Heroin

Cigarettes don't alter your mind. But, if you want to outlaw brain altering substances, then alcohol needs to go too.

Marijuana never killed anyone, just the actions that they or someone with them took after smoking it.........

Any drug that takes over your mind, changes your reactions, and makes you high, can get you killed.

Yeah, last year my step granddaughter was high on marijuana and forgot she had her two year old with her. The toddler was hit by a car in a 7-11 parking lot. The child lived, but her leg was crushed and she will walk with a imp for the rest of her life. But hey, pot never hurt anyone.

I give Whitney Houston's daughter six months.

Bobbi Kristina Brown Found Getting High After Whitney

Whitney Houston’s daughter disappeared for several hours after her mother’s funeral—and was found using drugs, according to two sources close to the family.

Sounds like another problem there if the girl forgot about the child.

The mixture of prescription drugs with other prescription drugs and/or alcohol is also very dangerous if you don't understand it or underestimate it.

One of my best friends was telling me the other day about a girl she new in college died because she mixed alcohol with her prescription medication - purely by accident.

Marijuana never killed anyone, just the actions that they or someone with them took after smoking it.........

Any drug that takes over your mind, changes your reactions, and makes you high, can get you killed.

:lol:

My god, what a steaming load of horse-hocky.

The Greek word that the English word Pharmacist is derived from, means 'poisoner'.
Prescription drug abuse is a self limiting disease. If you want to spend your time chewing on a fentanyl patch, go right ahead. The only downside will be the time spent dealing with the detective investigating your death, and the possible economic loss of a customer.
Suicide by imbibing copious quantities of benzodiazepines, alone, is an almost impossible feat to achieve. I once watched ICU doctors revive a lady who chose to swallow somewhere in the vicinity of a hundred Librium 10's [1000 mg of Chlordiazepoxide] quite easily. Xanax, ativan, valium, serax are all members of the same class with the same relatively wide latitude of safety. If Whitney chose to mix and match her poisons, that was her choice. Nothing you can do about it after they walk out the door, bag in hand, as long as the drug and label instructions are correct and they are on time with no sign of overuse. If they then choose to stop at the package store next door for a quart of Scotch like young Paddy Kennedy (D-RI) did, then go dueling, using his car as a weapon, with the concrete barriers in Downtown DC, c'est la vie.

Same as alcohol isn't that what you druggies tell us? You want to tell me you are in control when you're stoned? I know better.............

Addicts believe that if there are 10,000 alcoholics, the damage caused by alcoholism will be diminished if they are joined by 20,000 stoners. You won't have 30,000 people who have no control over themselves.

quote]

I have to get a perscription for Primatine Mist.

Over the counter; 11 bucks
with the scrip; 35 co-pay

I live in a blue state.

Why are you still doing that? Your tongue has to have gone numb on you at least once when you've used it. And there's better stuff, might as well have the doc order you some good stuff if you're gonna get whacked the RX copay anyway?

Use the primatene tablets in a pinch. They should still be OTC and they don't interfere with the ozone layer. Better yet, get your doc to give you some theophylline sustained release tablets or some albuterol tabs, both generic, both dirt cheap, and they work. Its just that they're out of style and no pharamaceutical salesman stops by bringing lunch for the office staff and other goodies while he's selling the drug to the doctor.

I remember the lady who came into the hospital in anyphylactic shock and nearly dead after eating some carrots. The docs used an aminophyllin (a theophyllin relative) suppository on her to bring her back to the land of the living. After she regained her breath, she remarked to the docs in quizzical amazement "How can something shoved in there (gesturing to her rectum) work up here (pointing to her chest)?"

Same as alcohol isn't that what you druggies tell us? You want to tell me you are in control when you're stoned? I know better.............

Alcohol is the MOST destructive drug in our society, by FAR. Marijuana is the LEAST destructive , by FAR.

Alcohol linked to 75,000 U.S. deaths a year
Third leading cause of mortality, government study finds

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested Thursday.

Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.

Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

More

One Third of Traffic Deaths Caused by Alcohol

More

And no one ever died because they did something stupid while under the influence of Marijuana?

Tell me another one...............

Could there be a few? Probably. But 75,000 per year? Use your head man.

Since most recreational potheads have a few beers while they are enjoying their pot there's almost no way to tell what destruction is specifically caused by alcohol and specifically caused by pot.

Since most recreational potheads have a few beers while they are enjoying their pot there's almost no way to tell what destruction is specifically caused by alcohol and specifically caused by pot.

Sure there is if you have an adult size brain. Ever hear of 'weed' muscles? Marijuana does not cause aggressive behavior. Does alcohol?

Forum List

Back