Prescription Drug Use Is Killing More People Than Heroin

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Prescription_Drugs_3230BDC4.jpg

Looking back it becomes apparent that more of the famous have died from legal drugs than illegal drugs.

So much talent wasted by the use of sedatives and various other types of prescription drugs.

Marilyn Monroe, Billy Holiday, Anna Nichol Smith, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, etc. all died from prescription drugs.

Links

18 Celebrities Who Died from Prescription Drugs
List of drug-related deaths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nothing new there.

More people die of prescribed drugs than every died from non-prescrption drugs.

That's been true for at least the last four decades that I know of.

ZERO people died from Marijuana, incidently.

ZERO!

Nothing new there.

ZERO!

Amy Whinehouse was probably the least surprising personality to pass from drug abuse.

Whitney was in the top 5.

Nothing new there.

ZERO!

Amy Whinehouse was probably the least surprising personality to pass from drug abuse.

Which brings us to the dumbest comment of the day:

Tony Bennett:
"First it was Michael Jackson, then there was Amy Winehouse, and now the magnificent Whitney Houston. I'd like to have every gentleman and lady in this room commit themselves to get on government to legalize drugs.
“Tony Bennett Calls For Legalization Of Drugs Just Hours After Whitney Died | PerezHilton.com

KY is trying to make Sudafed a prescription drug. Thus raising health care costs for many who use it for a real medical need.

They are not however trying to restrict any of the other ingredients needed to make Meth.

We are already required to register and show ID for each sudafed purchase and are only allowed to buy X amount per month.
We are a red state.

Last edited:
KY is trying to make Sudafed a prescription drug. Thus raising health care costs for many who use it for a real medical need.

They are not however trying to restrict any of the other ingredients needed to make Meth.

We are already required to register and show ID for each sudafed purchase and are only allowed to buy X amount per month.
We are a red state.

I've taken Sudafed twice.

Both times it screwed me up. It made me dizzy for a week. I can't take anything with Codeine in it ether.

Nothing new there.

ZERO!

Which brings us to the dumbest comment of the day:

Tony Bennett:
"First it was Michael Jackson, then there was Amy Winehouse, and now the magnificent Whitney Houston. I'd like to have every gentleman and lady in this room commit themselves to get on government to legalize drugs.
“Tony Bennett Calls For Legalization Of Drugs Just Hours After Whitney Died | PerezHilton.com

Tony Bennet is senile. That's the only explanation I can think of.

One more reason why our health care is ranked 37th. As a society, we insist on 'quick fix' solutions rather than facing reality and dealing with our problems.

Nothing new there.

ZERO people died from Marijuana, incidently.B

ZERO!

Winehouse died of alcohol overdose.

As for the rest, it's not surprising. A drug is a drug. They don't magically become safe because they are prescription drugs.

No. But, but they are put into the domain of licensed physicians who take on the responsibility to prescribe, manage and treat and monitor patients for complications, reactions, side effects, improper use and do so to maximize the safety and benefits to the patient.

doctors are the biggest drug pushers ever....look at how they have done the kids......no nation drugs it kids like the us of a does......why cause doctors are in bed with pharmaceuticals companies....look at your doctors office next time you go in......see what is on his notepads his calendars etc....big drug companies

Doctors are salesmen with incentives, rebates, etc from the manufacturers. The more they prescribe/refer the more money they make.

We are a red state.

I have to get a perscription for Primatine Mist.

Over the counter; 11 bucks
with the scrip; 35 co-pay

I live in a blue state.

PHARMAGEDDON

Pharmageddon has been defined as, "the prospect of a world in which medicines and medicine produce more ill-health than health, and when medical progress does more harm than good".

~S~

Prescription_Drugs_3230BDC4.jpg

Looking back it becomes apparent that more of the famous have died from legal drugs than illegal drugs.

So much talent wasted by the use of sedatives and various other types of prescription drugs.

Marilyn Monroe, Billy Holiday, Anna Nichol Smith, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, etc. all died from prescription drugs.

Links

18 Celebrities Who Died from Prescription Drugs
List of drug-related deaths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree with you and I would also add that it isn't just abuse of prescription drugs, regular everyday use of drugs that are only meant for temporary use and also side effects over time can be deadly.

The HC establishment has a wonderful FRANCHISE on drugs.

THAT is the sole purpose for our drugs laws, kids.

It's a CLASS WAR stratagy.

Forum List

Back