Prescription drug deaths

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
Deaths from prescription drugs now out number traffic fatalities in the US:

Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S., Times analysis shows - Los Angeles Times

For all the posters defending junkies, and applauding their right to drive, and carry guns, above are the FACTS. Addicts snort the pills, and now, in my area, armed robberies of pharmacies and homes are increasing; the homes are those with pain pills, bennies and speed. AND, in my area, the "nice people" who are junkies get caught too. A lot of the addicts whine that "it was prescribed for me before, I needed this for my ______, ______, ____". Nothing quite like seeing a 45 year old, church going, mother of three swear she has no drug problem after she hit a building with her car while hopped up on pills.

Comments please, from users, and sober posters also.

Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S., Times analysis shows - Los Angeles Times

For all the posters defending junkies, and applauding their right to drive, and carry guns, above are the FACTS. Addicts snort the pills, and now, in my area, armed robberies of pharmacies and homes are increasing; the homes are those with pain pills, bennies and speed. AND, in my area, the "nice people" who are junkies get caught too. A lot of the addicts whine that "it was prescribed for me before, I needed this for my ______, ______, ____". Nothing quite like seeing a 45 year old, church going, mother of three swear she has no drug problem after she hit a building with her car while hopped up on pills.

You have absolutely ZERO evidence that Zimmerman abused prescription drugs. No evidence he has 2 doctors, meaning the same doctor prescribed both drugs which indicates he felt they were appropriate.

You have provided no evidence that Zimmerman was driving against Florida law either.

You are a hysterical hack with absolutely no proof no evidence and zero logic.

You have absolutely ZERO evidence that Zimmerman abused prescription drugs. No evidence he has 2 doctors, meaning the same doctor prescribed both drugs which indicates he felt they were appropriate.

You have provided no evidence that Zimmerman was driving against Florida law either.

:eusa_think:

Did you just combine two thread topics together in your mind?

She posted this in reference to the Zimmerman thread where in she has claimed he is a drug addict because he was prescribed two medications. she has claimed he violated Florida law driving and carrying a gun and she has stated he is abusing proscription drugs.

She posted this in reference to the Zimmerman thread where in she has claimed he is a drug addict because he was prescribed two medications. she has claimed he violated Florida law driving and carrying a gun and she has stated he is abusing proscription drugs.

Fair enough. Just looked weird on it's face.

No, I am an honest American who recognizes a serious problem that too many, like yourself, deny. Prescription drugs cause more deaths than "street drugs" and enablers like you are refusing to acknowledge the problem. MDs in Florida are losing their licences in growing numbers also. I know Georgia's laws appear to be lax on pill freaks. I'm glad I live in a state that recognizes these crimes.

It is sad you see nothing unusual about a man who was taking amphetamines and benzodiazepines both driving & carrying a gun, but your sympathy for druggie killers is not shared by all.

Fair enough. Just looked weird on it's face.

Florida law prohibits driving under the influence of controlled substances. The pill bottles also show warnings; anyone taking both these drugs is a druggie. One is an amphetamine, one a benzodiazepine. How anyone can claim the killer wasn't a druggie is the question. Whether prescribed or not, these drugs are highly addictive. Call him an addict then, but driving and firearms are not for the impaired. That is why there are laws about drinking alcohol and driving, and groups like MADD.

Last edited:
Florida law prohibits driving under the influence of controlled substances. The pill bottles also show warnings; anyone taking both these drugs is a druggie. One is an amphetamine, one a benzodiazepine. How anyone can claim the killer wasn't a druggie is the question. Whether prescribed or not, these drugs are highly addictive. Call him an addict then, but driving and firearms are not for the impaired. That is why there are laws about drinking alcohol and driving, and groups like MADD.

He was prescribed Adderall and Restoril. If he was taking them as prescribed, he wasn't a "druggie" or addict. I'd be interested in knowing how long he'd been on Adderall and if he had experienced any side effects from the med. Otherwise, just because he was ordered these meds doesn't mean he was impaired. That's too much of a leap without any evidence to support it.

He was prescribed Adderall and Restoril. If he was taking them as prescribed, he wasn't a "druggie" or addict. I'd be interested in knowing how long he'd been on Adderall and if he had experienced any side effects from the med. Otherwise, just because he was ordered these meds doesn't mean he was impaired. That's too much of a leap without any evidence to support it.

Benzodiazepines MIXED with amphetamines don't disappear from the system in a day; the fact he shot an unarmed teenager, his subsequent actions, and the after effects of the drugs all indicate impairment. But the refusal of so many to admit the prescription drug problem is frustrating experts working to turn the tide:

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/04/10-11

Benzodiazepines MIXED with amphetamines don't disappear from the system in a day; the fact he shot an unarmed teenager, his subsequent actions, and the after effects of the drugs all indicate impairment. But the refusal of so many to admit the prescription drug problem is frustrating experts working to turn the tide:

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/04/10-11

Who said anything about mixing those meds? Restoril is taken at bedtime for sleep. It's not given during the day like xanax or ativan might be. Whatever side effects he may have had with those two drugs is unknown, if he experienced any at all. I really don't see how it has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

It's no secret that the government has sanctioned the doping of school kids with personality altering drugs and the kids have been trading them around. It's also no secret that some behavior altering drugs have the opposite intended effects in adolescents than adults. The possible side effects include "thoughts of suicide". Do they include "thoughts of murder"? It's possible that the Columbine school shooters were doped on mood altering prescription drugs.

Forum List

Back