Pres The Donald?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
President Trump? 'Apprentice' star says 'there's a very substantial chance' he'll run in 2016 and slaps GOP White House hopeful Ted Cruz for being born in Canada
  • Trump has kept his spotlight hot and raised smirks by speculating about a White House run, but now he's scheduling speeches in early primary states
  • 'A lot of people believe I'm having fun with it, and I enjoy the process,' he said during an Economic Club of Washington event, but 'the country's in serious trouble'
  • He lashed out at potential opponents including Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz
  • Couldn't come up with a 'single nice thing' to say about Hillary Clinton and insists Sen. Elizabeth Warren will give her serious competition
  • Trump has flirted with running for more than a decade but has never pulled the trigger
  • One Iowa political consultant says: 'He's a loose cannon with a private jet. I can't wait'
By David Martosko, US Political Editor for MailOnline

Published: 22:43 EST, 15 December 2014 | Updated: 04:06 EST, 16 December 2014

• 207 shares

View comments

Real estate mogul and 'The Apprentice' star Donald Trump isn't running for president yet, but he is sounding more and more like someone who believes there's a path to the White House opening up before him.

'I can tell you there's a very substantial chance I will (run),' Trump told MailOnline in an interview Monday before he spoke at an event hosted by the Economic Club of Washington.

But 'I don't want to put a number on it,' he said, when asked whether the chance of a Trump candidacy was better than 50-50.

He is, however, lining up support in key early primary states and taking pre-emptive swipes at potential rivals, both classic behaviors of the species POTUS seekus.

Next month Trump will appear at three separate events in Iowa, one of the three marquee states whose Republican voters will anoint a front-runner in the 2016 presidential nomination contest.

Read more: Donald Trump says there s a very substantial chance he ll run in 2016 Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
he wont run, of course. he just likes the publicity.

but, hey, its a Big Clown Car.

plenty of room for more Repub nutters

Trump loves the limelight. That celebrity and his deep pocketbook might be enough to capture the spotlight of the far-right of the party enough to become a seriousish contender if he ever actually runs though.

Forum List

Back