Pres Obama uses his executive power

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/23/u...ve-powers-let-obama-bypass-congress.html?_r=1

When pubs have used this power, no one batted an eye. But, now that pubs/bags have brought the congress to an absolute standstill, since all they do is filibuster and play golf, since its President Obama doing this ....

Anybody wanna bet the rw's will pee their pants?

My opinion - the pubs CHOSE to bring our government to a dead stop, they chose to bring our country down. Screw em.

I like the last paragraph of the artricle in the OP:

“This is what presidents do,” Mr. Goldsmith said. “It’s taken Obama two years to get there, but this has happened throughout history. You can’t be in that office with all its enormous responsibilities — when things don’t happen, you get blamed for it — and not exercise all the powers that have accrued to it over time.”

“This is what presidents do,” Mr. Goldsmith said. “It’s taken Obama two years to get there, but this has happened throughout history. You can’t be in that office with all its enormous responsibilities — when things don’t happen, you get blamed for it — and not exercise all the powers that have accrued to it over time

That's the part I have an issue with... and, for the record, I have an issue with it when the GOP President does it. It hasn't 'accrued', it's been stolen - from 'We, The People'. This is why I hate fucking politicians.

Imagine for a moment, nutters, that us liberals are not as innocent and unaware as you would believe. What if we are, in fact, very aware and informed?

If you can accept that premise............................maybe you will come to understand why we would applaud the idea that our DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT would be the kind of person who wants action.

You see................if and when the President attempts to overstep the boundaries of his authority......us liberals will be at the front row of protests. Regardless of party. That is the difference between us and you.

I'll look forward to the media and folks here, who railed against same just 1 admin. ago, to dust off their angst ala the "Imperial Presidency"....

“This is what presidents do,” Mr. Goldsmith said. “It’s taken Obama two years to get there, but this has happened throughout history. You can’t be in that office with all its enormous responsibilities — when things don’t happen, you get blamed for it — and not exercise all the powers that have accrued to it over time

That's the part I have an issue with... and, for the record, I have an issue with it when the GOP President does it. It hasn't 'accrued', it's been stolen - from 'We, The People'. This is why I hate fucking politicians.

yeah it sucks when they actually do their job doesnt it?

Imagine for a moment, nutters, that us liberals are not as innocent and unaware as you would believe. What if we are, in fact, very aware and informed?

If you can accept that premise............................maybe you will come to understand why we would applaud the idea that our DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT would be the kind of person who wants action.

You see................if and when the President attempts to overstep the boundaries of his authority......us liberals will be at the front row of protests. Regardless of party. That is the difference between us and you.

oh please, put it in a sack....:lol:

Nice sentiment, complete political bull shit but nice sentiment. :lol:

(Nope, I not buying this bridge either......)

:lmao:

What should the president, Dem or Rep, do if the congress refuses to work? Never mind the issue at hand or whether or not "you" are a member of that particular party, should he just allow government to come to a halt?

WTF are we paying them to do? Why should they (either D or R) just play golf on our dime?

Remember when the R's took that tax-funded junket to Hawaii? How was that okay? They SAY they refuse to work but we should pay for their spouses to take trips with them?

And, for those who don't remember them saying they would not work, McCain said it and he also rammed through a rule that makes it possible for the R's to quit every day at 2. If you remember, he interrupted a committee meeting on jobs for vets and forced everyone to go home because, under that rule, if one party quits for the day, the other must, as well.

Nice sentiment, complete political bull shit but nice sentiment. :lol:

(Nope, I not buying this bridge either......)

:lmao:

You are so cute. Wrong........but just so cute.

Firstly, many congratulations on being elected to speak on behalf of liberals. Must have been a quiet election... I didn't read one word of it. Interesting.

The very fact that you group people together is a clear indication that you are not a 'liberal', you are a 'lefty'. There is a difference - mainly based on intellect. Liberals are intelligent individuals who think and act according to their own conscience.... lefties are the great unwashed base of the ObamaNation.

What should the president, Dem or Rep, do if the congress refuses to work? Never mind the issue at hand or whether or not "you" are a member of that particular party, should he just allow government to come to a halt?

WTF are we paying them to do? Why should they (either D or R) just play golf on our dime?

Remember when the R's took that tax-funded junket to Hawaii? How was that okay? They SAY they refuse to work but we should pay for their spouses to take trips with them?

And, for those who don't remember them saying they would not work, McCain said it and he also rammed through a rule that makes it possible for the R's to quit every day at 2. If you remember, he interrupted a committee meeting on jobs for vets and forced everyone to go home because, under that rule, if one party quits for the day, the other must, as well.

We are paying them to find solutions to issues that are constitutionally mandated for federal government. Nothing more, nothing less. We are not paying anyone to be a dictator. We don't do dictators in this country. An inconvenient truth.

The DEM control Senate has not put a budget in how long loser!!

Forum List

Back