Pres Obama just called on congress to end oil subsidies

Would you rather see oil profits be given to the fat cats in the form of dividends, or re-invested in finding us more energy?

Or perhaps you don't understand the dynamics of this at all?

You mean the same oil industry that sheepishly admitted that the subsidies did not go toward research OR development, but went straight to profit... and then they whined that they should get subsidies because "other businesses do". Shameless parasites. Take them away now.

"Back then, oil was $55 a barrel and Wyden asked each CEO if he agreed with then-President Bush that companies did not need tax subsidies to encourage drilling when oil was selling for that price.

Each said Bush was right and that subsidies were unnecessary.

Chevron Corp. chairman and CEO John Watson said the companies don't want special tax benefits — just the benefits that other industries get.

In general, the CEOs were defiant, disputing suggestions that the federal aid they receive should be considered subsidies. "Don't punish our industry for doing its job well," Watson told senators."

Sen. Ron Wyden, Democrats drill oil CEOs on the need for drilling subsidies | OregonLive.com

Just reported too soon for a link.

The democratic senate just totally sank obama's request for an end to the subsidy. Went down fast and furious.

I guess those old guys still remember the carter years after all.

He is trying to bring down gas prices while the pubs work to keep prices high.

Just one more reason for the rw's to want to get wealthy Mittens in the white house so our taxes can subsidies going to Big Business.

Idiot gullible dupes.

so ewe think stopping the oil subsidies will bring down gas prices? dew ya really think that? boy what a idiot.

Just reported too soon for a link.

The democratic senate just totally sank obama's request for an end to the subsidy. Went down fast and furious.

More Epic Fail. What a pathetic POS.

The Forbes article I posted (as for just one example) said that "Oil drilling is taxed at 15% when done by integrated firms, and -13% percent when done by firms that specialize in oil drilling". It also went on to note that these sort of preferential tax breaks can be found throughout all areas of the oil and gas industry, and that they seem to have a "surplus" of these preferential provisions (when compared to other industries) that end up saving the oil and gas industry billions of dollars every year.

Would you be against ending these numerous, strange provisions that produce special benefits for the oil and gas industry? And simplifying the tax code...?

Last edited:
More Epic Fail. What a pathetic POS.

The Forbes article I posted

Am I really going to have to read the article to find out what you are lying about THIS time?

Just read it. It's interesting.

Also, by the way, anyone who uses the word "libtard" is a moron. Just letting you know. It's a very childish one-liner BS phrase.

...libtard...

Corporate Tax Reform and the Energy Sector - Forbes

Last edited:
I love watching so-called Conservatives jumping out of their shoes to defend public welfare for oil companies.

End the welfare for all companies, but Obama is not going to get it done, and has no real intention in doing so. It's just politics.

I have accepted that gas will get to 8.00 or 10.00 a gallon by the time the summer is over. But, we might have it. Which is better than when Carter decided to "do good" and stop rewarding the oil companies and there was none at all.

Naturally I support opening up every place that it's possible to drill. On shore, off shore and in Alaska. I support the Keystone pipeline. When obama says that his green energy will save us in 50 to 100 years, he sounds oily and dishonest.

I have accepted that gas will get to 8.00 or 10.00 a gallon by the time the summer is over. But, we might have it. Which is better than when Carter decided to "do good" and stop rewarding the oil companies and there was none at all.

Naturally I support opening up every place that it's possible to drill. On shore, off shore and in Alaska. I support the Keystone pipeline. When obama says that his green energy will save us in 50 to 100 years, he sounds oily and dishonest.

They're not going to get that high.

Also, what's the big deal with ending tax breaks to the oil industry; don't they distort the true price of gasoline? Wouldn't that just force the free market have deal with the "true price" of oil, and perhaps would spur a more feverish sprint to innovate some cheaper alternative energy source?

Last edited:

Just one more reason for the rw's to want to get wealthy Mittens in the white house so our taxes can subsidies going to Big Business.

Idiot gullible dupes.

What exactly is it again that the GOP is doing to keep prices high? Or are you speaking from your ass again?

Obama did not help himself with energy of any sort over the last three years. It's hurt him in the eyes of the American people. With the EPA strangling the coal industry with new regulations. Now, he's doing damage control during an election year. This is the most transparent he's been. No surprise to me

Bookmark my response here and remember I said this:

Obama will approve the portion of the Keystone pipeline that enters Canada sometime in the fall a month or so before the election.

His antics are so obvious if they weren't tragic it would be funny.

Idiot gullible dupes.

No he's not trying to bring them down. Quit with the false statements.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSZ62xiD4M]Obama Promises Skyrocketing Energy Costs - YouTube[/ame]

He's going to double down on Jimmy Carter. Take us from expensive gas to none at all.

Democrats can't really claim that they believe that ending subsidies won't result in the additional expense being passed on to the public can they? Would they really be THAT stupid?

I heard obama's statement, his solution is for Americans to buy not only a new car but a new house too. He is either stupid or actually insane if he thinks that ending oil subsidies means that more money will be available for his phony green energy programs. If he is, then we can't wait for November. He's incapable of being president today.

Jimmy Obama!!!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tZq4CWLi0]Jimmy O'Bama - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back