Pres Obama answers Putin's op/ed

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Barack Obama's Answer to Putin's Op-Ed | Albert Brooks

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

Imagine my surprise when I opened the New York Times and read Vladimir Putin's Op-ed. I didn't know what I was reading for a few minutes. Sometime's my Chief of Staff will put The Onion in front of me just to shake things up so it took me a moment to realize this was not a joke.

First off, let me say I had a very nice time at the G20. The food was good, although a bit heavy for my taste, and the weather was pleasant. Certainly you can see the sky sometimes, which you can never do in China.

As I continued to read the Op-ed, I really couldn't understand whether we were being insulted or praised. Mr. Putin seemed to respect the United States for one paragraph, and then blast us in another. Now understand, I admire Mr. Putin. For his age he seems to be in great physical shape and even though I could kick his ass in basketball I do believe that if a bear were to attack the both of us, he would be the one to shoo it away.......

In any case, I enjoyed your editorial and I am very impressed that it was printed in The New York Times. If only there was a newspaper in your country that would print this.

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

Note to rw's ... You won't GET IT so don't even try.

I thought Brooks capable of better, perhaps really putting Russian/communists values on the table. Instead hearkened back to Cold War analogies. Ah well, truth is the White House really did answer it better. I wonder if Luddly knows what they did?

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

Imagine my surprise when I opened the New York Times and read Vladimir Putin's Op-ed. I didn't know what I was reading for a few minutes. Sometime's my Chief of Staff will put The Onion in front of me just to shake things up so it took me a moment to realize this was not a joke.

First off, let me say I had a very nice time at the G20. The food was good, although a bit heavy for my taste, and the weather was pleasant. Certainly you can see the sky sometimes, which you can never do in China.

As I continued to read the Op-ed, I really couldn't understand whether we were being insulted or praised. Mr. Putin seemed to respect the United States for one paragraph, and then blast us in another. Now understand, I admire Mr. Putin. For his age he seems to be in great physical shape and even though I could kick his ass in basketball I do believe that if a bear were to attack the both of us, he would be the one to shoo it away.......

In any case, I enjoyed your editorial and I am very impressed that it was printed in The New York Times. If only there was a newspaper in your country that would print this.

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

Mmmm, no. Naturally us right wingers don't understand bullshit. So don't even try.

If Huffpo and MSNBC ever shut down Luddly will prolly disappear from here because he will not have anything to post. He damn sure cant think of anything on his own.

I didn't know that this was done by a ghost writer. Thanks. Without your clairvoyance where would the human race be?

I thought it humorous, but then again I give people the benefit of the doubt, and don't feel the need to be negative about everything somebody does, even if we have differences.

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

Wow..that's kinda the exact thing I put in my thread about the rws and Putin not liking American Exceptionalism. :eek:

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

Wow..that's kinda the exact thing I put in my thread about the rws and Putin not liking American Exceptionalism. :eek:

Great minds and all that.

Suck it up, rw's.

Putin and Assad OWN you just as the shah of Iran did in yore daddy's day.

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

If only we had a president who would appear on a media outlet to talk to conservatives.

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

If only we had a president who would appear on a media outlet to talk to conservatives.

Yeah! Obama never appears on the news! Never!

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

Let me guess, you think Obama really wrote this.

But is the satire forum the correct forum if the OP didn't REALIZE it is satire?

kosher....this did not start out in the satire forum

luddly believed this was a real obama response

his thread was moved after a mod wisely realized luddly was trolling again

Yeah! Obama never appears on the news! Never!

I haven't seen him on the shows I watch.

Who's fault is that?

He addresses the entire nation (except fux because the MUSLIM ARAB owner won't air it) every single week. If you wanted to watch, there is nothing stopping you.

If you choose to be ignorant, that's your right. Just take responsibility for what you say and do.

kosher....this did not start out in the satire forum

luddly believed this was a real obama response

his thread was moved after a mod wisely realized luddly was trolling again

Didn't you notice the AUTHOR'S name at the top of the op/ed?

Gawd. You are just hopeless.

WHAT DID I JUST READ?

By Barack Obama

My very best wishes,

Barack Obama

Let me guess, you think Obama really wrote this.

So, you're another rw who didn't see the name, Albert Brooks, in the link AND at the top of the piece.

This is exactly why I said the rw's wouldn't get it and I was right.

Wow. I can't read the OP as he is on My ignore list, but I can read the quotes.

He says we don't get it. Yet here we are again, in amateur hour.

A REAL President wouldn't have responded to Putin's nonsense and allowed the American people to do his deriding for him.

What a bunch of tools you USMB progressive followers have become.

If I were you, (thankfully I'm not), I wouldn't follow Obama to some remote island and start drinking kool aid to his health.

Why is it I feel that warning will go unheeded?

Forum List

Back