premium tax credit question

vasilak

Rookie
Sep 30, 2015
healtcare. gov question. i cover me and my son thorough my employer and i purchase coverage for my fiance third party. so we have a household of 3 on 50k income a year and pay a total of 800/mo in premiums for all three. It says on healthcare.gov that based on this info we are eligible for a subsidy bringing total down to around 400/month due to so called premium tax credit(subsidy). no one really knows the answer to this question, including my tax person: if I do NOT apply for this subsidy through the healtcare.org to lower my MONTHLY premiums will i be able to collect this premium tax credit at the end of the year when i do my taxes and is the premium tax credit DIFFERENT than income tax credit. In other words am i going to get extra assistance from the gov't to pay for health costs on top of income tax credit or premium tax credit is part of income tax credit. (i.e for income tax credit at the end of the year the irs credits 1500 per dependantx3= 4500 so does the premium tax credit come out of 4500?) thanks

Forum List

Back