Prelude to the "word" and a apology

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
Before I start, I would to make a heart-felt apology to you Arabian. My girlfriend likes reading my postings because they make her laugh; She’d read my posting to you and was furious. We like debating; she’d reminded me that the most important mission you have, after you take a position, is to stand by it.

I made my position on this issue, I don’t like people who questions anyone's background; my response to you was hypocritical and outright wrong and I’m truly sorry…. Oh, and I apologize as well.

Now with that being said, it’s time for my number one tradition; my selection of the Word of the Year. It started as a challenge to write an essay defining the most memorable events of the year with one word tying them all together.

It started in 2001; I’d raised eyebrows when I’d selected the “N-Word” as the word of the Century. I’d received many accolades as well as some choice words for my presentation. But, in the end the vast majority of posters, particularly the Afro-American posters, respected that posting and had felt it was within reason.

In 2002, I’d chosen Patriotism, and I caught hell for this one. When you label the Dixie Chicks as well as the other anti-war activists, as being just as Patriotic as those who are fighting in the war, you’re going to catch some hell.

In 2003, I’d chosen Steroids. With the scandal about the drug in full gear, I chose the main story to be about my experience on a relative’s chicken farm. No matter how much we’d tried to naturally fatten the Chicken, none of the ones we’d killed for food were the size of the ones you’ll find in the store.

Excerpt:

“Yes, the Chickens were on the “juice” and it cheapened their record setting sales for the year. Incidents of cockfighting had risen this year; I suspect the exploitation of “Roid -Rage” for profit.

“If I were the cows, I’d demand the USDA to come up with a more stringent drug testing policy for the chickens. But don’t worry; the cows won’t do it because they may be concerned as to whether or not some of them are on the juice.”

My point was to tell everyone that we all are taking something for the purpose of giving us “an edge” over the competition, that’s‘ not cheating, that’s the American way and baseball is America‘s sport. The reason my I’m writing so much about this tribute is because if you’re eating store bought meat, you’re taking in steroids without your knowledge… Wasn’t that what Barry Bonds had told you?

With that being said, I’m putting the final touches on this year’s “Word”. Beware of it contents; either people loved them or they hated them. It’s raw, uncensored and brutally honest. Viewer discretion is advised.

Forum List

Back