Preliminary ADP stats- 38,000 jobs created in May 2011

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Unreal, the 1.8% was a lead indoctrinator in the case, and, the April 244k was revised down to 177k.

If they use unexpectedly when the LBS numbers hit I will go cyber postal....:evil:

It appears to me, the operative word being appears, that they the big ‘they’ goldman, adp, the LBS and the rest of the prognosticators don’t have a flippin' clue or just won’t come out and say it…... :terror:My present Konspiracy theory is; they just don’t want to say it....stagflation/double dip, while I laud their ( inho at this point politically driven) denials and obfuscation in their lame transparent attempt ( by now ) to not talk down the economy ( ass cover) , its worth noting that the media has been on the slow burn too ( what happened to the misery index ? its at a historical high, that’s what) they had absolutely no problem trashing the former admin. for any minor burp blip or fart………be that as it may, that’s small potatoes, we are in a hell of a rut here, we tried the spending , so now what:eusa_whistle:….?

ADP Estimates U.S. Firms Added Fewer Workers in May
By Timothy R. Homan - Jun 1, 2011 5:40 AM PT

Companies in the U.S. added fewer workers than forecast in May, a sign that job growth is struggling to gain momentum, data from a private report based on payrolls showed today.

Employment increased by 38,000 last month, the smallest increase since September, from a revised 177,000 in April, according to figures from ADP Employer Services. The median estimate in the Bloomberg News survey called for a 175,000 advance for May.

ADP: U.S. Added Fewer Workers in May - Bloomberg

Last edited:
And Paul "Stimulus" Krugman still does not have to hand back his Noble Prize in Economics.

Amazing

This doomsday cult stuff seems to be a common thread today. :eusa_think:

Yes...and that is what people said in 2006-2007 also. :eusa_hand:
Trajan, myself and several others back in early 2007 were saying the sky is falling then, and your response here is exactly what we got then.

Every indicator I see besides bank profits are in the hole, you can ignore that like those mentioned in the OP...or you can wake up and smell the coffee...we are in deep shit, that is all there is to it. The only reason it hasn't already happened is because banks kept bad debt off the books, the market is HOLY COW over-valued and the government through a few $trillion into the fire. (literally)

Last edited:
It is amazing that some of the best numbers were revised down when even “fluffed” the numbers were still considered shitty. I’m starting to really hate these boards because it’s not about people debating the reality we live in as much as it’s people trying to debate our reality against people who misrepresent reality over and over… You can’t show data, charts, FACTS, graphs that seemingly show an overwhelming collapse happening in the US as well as the world without people like Rtard/Shaman/TM/RW flaunting cherry picked numbers and bogus opinion pieces while claiming that is reality, and of course anyone who disagrees just wants the country to fail, hates children old people and might be a closet racist.

We provide lists that show home sales at the worse since the recession started, record high food stamps, record high UE checks, 4 wars, torture, secret prisons and the expansion of many *evil* Bush policies and yet we have to debate against a list that contains DADT, Obama the Nobel peace prize winner for who knows what reason and the disarming of only enough nukes so that we can only destroy the world 100x over…

It’s amazing that we are not allowed to talk about how to get out of the mess but instead we have to fight with people that we are even in the shit of it. 3 years of Obama and things are worse than at any point under Bush with a projected “worse future” than we are now… all of course somehow Bush’s fault.

The numbers are not good, besides the jobs report we have consumer confidence dropping, manufacturing dropping, housng prices dropping, auto sales dropping, all at the tail end of QE2 which ends June 30. Things don't look promising for any changes for the better, either. Anybody want ot offer any reasons for optimisim? I'm fresh out.

The numbers are not good, besides the jobs report we have consumer confidence dropping, manufacturing dropping, housng prices dropping, auto sales dropping, all at the tail end of QE2 which ends June 30. Things don't look promising for any changes for the better, either. Anybody want ot offer any reasons for optimisim? I'm fresh out.

I'd like to but have nothing. Oh, the fed is looking to print some more. Looks like qe3 is right around the corner to drive us deeper into the bottom of the outhouse.

Obama_laughing_6.jpg

"When I said 'change' you morons thought I mean change for the better! LOLOLO"

alright, I am better now......somewhat, :eusa_shhh:anyway, Barone is spot on (from link);

Mainstream media may finally be catching up. "The latest economic numbers have not been good," David Leonhardt wrote in the May 26 New York Times. "Another report showed that economic growth at the start of the year was no faster than the Commerce Department initially reported -- 'a real surprise,' said Ian Shepherdson of High Frequency Economics."

Which raises some questions. As Instapundit reader Gordon Stewart, quoted by Reynolds on May 17, put it, "How many times in a row can something happen unexpectedly before the experts start to, you know, expect it? At some point, shouldn't they be required to state the foundation for their expectations?"

One answer is that many in the mainstream media have been cheerleading for Barack Obama. They and he both naturally hope for a strong economic recovery. After all, Obama can't keep blaming the economic doldrums on George W. Bush forever.

I'm confident that any comparison of economic coverage in the Bush years and the coverage now would show far fewer variants of the word "unexpectedly" in stories suggesting economic doldrums.

For those of you looking for optimism the spin is that economists always underestimate exogenous shocks such as floods, tornadoes and the like. I've got threads going on two boards that economists also say that all deflationary pricing is bad but lower prices due to productivity, innovation, competition and economies of scale and scope are good.

Forum List

Back