Prejudiced

What's even better, is when you bring an old white couple to a suburban neighborhood outside of a major city with $700,000 houses, well-taken care of green yards, 42k+ cars sitting in the driveways and then tell them the neighborhood is 90%+ black. They'll have a fit. Hahaha!

Where does such a place exist? Other than your imagination.

:lol: See an absolute culture shock. If you lived where I've lived it'd throw you into cardiac arrest.

I can take you down the street from where I live to Upper Marlboro, Maryland and show you some of the nicest mini-mansions (700k-1.5mil) you'll ever see in your life, complete with country clubs, golf courses, etc. My neighborhood isn't half bad either. The average price for a house is about 350k around here, the average income is somewhere around 55k-60k. Pretty decent living conditions in the Waldorf/Clinton area and crime is pretty much only non-violent. The zip codes in the area are largely 70-90 percent black. Temple Hills, Severn, Landover Hills, Camp Springs, Oxon Hill. Prince George's County as a whole has a huge black upper middle class population, something I wasn't used to moving here, but I got used to it and love it.
Prince George's County, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Montgomery County has some nice black neighborhoods to.

There are certain areas known specifically for being "upper class" African American neighborhoods like Baldwin Hills outside of Los Angeles. Lithonia, Georgia outside of Atlanta is absolutely beautiful. There are very nice areas of Raleigh and some pretty impressive black neighborhoods outside of Birmingham. Besides that I' can only tell you where I've been. I tend to be able to step outside of my tiny little box and experience life for what it really is instead of living in my own sick little racist world like yourself. Life is a lot easier and more fun that way. You meet new people, make a lot of friends, laugh a lot, go more places, your not afraid of people and constantly thinking of new conspiracies about how "they" are out to get "you". It's a cleaner clearer life. You should try it. I'd suggest moving to one of those areas. I heard Columbia, SC has some really nice black neighborhoods to even though I've never been there. In Georgia, Decatur, South Dekalb, and Panthersville are also really nice. Enjoy your stay in reality.

I'll drop by for a visit this weekend.

20735 Zip Code (Clinton, Maryland) Profile - homes, apartments, schools, population, income, averages, housing, demographics, location, statistics, sex offenders, residents and real estate info

Like I said here's the info for my town. Clinton, Maryland.

Pretty nice place to live. Poverty level is like at 3% far lower then the state average. Average salary is 56k, over 90% of people speak english, median house/condo value is 375,000, nice affordable place to live. Pretty basic suburban region, and has some rural areas to the south, with hunting ranges, wildlife parks just about 12 miles south of us. I'd sure you'd love it here Lonestar_Logic... that is, unless you have a problem living in a neighborhood that's 70%+ black.

I don't know anyone who thinks all of one race is "the same".

If anything, the Democrat Party does more to promote a concept of sameness for blacks than anyone else I can think of. Just look at how conservative blacks are demonized for leaving the plantation.

I have no problem with blacks being republicans...real republicans...not tea bagging nuts. They are by design against everything they should stand for.

One year when our area had a lot of snow I had been visiting a girlfriend of mine and when I started walking home there was about 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. A car full of White guys were driving past and were about to stop the car when they saw me saying,"She's a ******, we don't want her". I was very light skin with long hair but the fact that they knew the difference and went about their business made me feel GREAT!! Actually, that is the first time I was happy to be called a ******. I feel sorry for the White girl walking down the street that they ran into.

Usually means having an adverse opinion.

I was following the directions on my GPS to my son's new apartment, a renovated old school building, in the inner city of Saint Louis.

The GPS routed me from the expressway to the city streets and I immediately found myself in an older, poverty stricken, Black residential neighborhood.

My wife and I became very concerned because we are an older white couple in a newer car caught in very narrow streets with cars parked on both sides where only one car can transit at a time. The blocks were very short with a stop sign at each intersection. No escape in case of ambush, or so my past military training reminds me.

Families were on their porches or walking along the sidewalks but what gripped me was at each corner were what I perceived to be a threat. Six or more young black males socializing, on the curb or in the street. Talking very loud and very animated gesturing. Not at us, just between themselves.

Since I didn't know the area or how to exit, I felt it best to follow the GPS instructions. But it seemed to take me through every narrow street, YBM populated intersection, innumerable stop signs, without a thoroughfare in sight.

Was I afraid, you betcha. But why? No one in that neighborhood gave me a second
glance, or made advances or blandishments.

Later, we had occasion to drive Through a white neighborhood, college oriented, also with families on their front porches or lawns, people walking and groups of young white males chilling on the corners or walking along. I wasn't afraid there.

What has led me to believe that somehow the color of the community defines it's character?

Could it be the media reports that one in three black males has a criminal record, that the black people in America are hooked on drugs, that crime rates for blighted neighborhoods are astronomical or that black gangs rule the streets of neighborhoods..

But I prejudged that particuliar neighborhood without any information about it at all.

"What has led me to believe that somehow the color of the community defines it's character?"

Your perceptions?

Usually means having an adverse opinion.

I was following the directions on my GPS to my son's new apartment, a renovated old school building, in the inner city of Saint Louis.

The GPS routed me from the expressway to the city streets and I immediately found myself in an older, poverty stricken, Black residential neighborhood.

My wife and I became very concerned because we are an older white couple in a newer car caught in very narrow streets with cars parked on both sides where only one car can transit at a time. The blocks were very short with a stop sign at each intersection. No escape in case of ambush, or so my past military training reminds me.

Families were on their porches or walking along the sidewalks but what gripped me was at each corner were what I perceived to be a threat. Six or more young black males socializing, on the curb or in the street. Talking very loud and very animated gesturing. Not at us, just between themselves.

Since I didn't know the area or how to exit, I felt it best to follow the GPS instructions. But it seemed to take me through every narrow street, YBM populated intersection, innumerable stop signs, without a thoroughfare in sight.

Was I afraid, you betcha. But why? No one in that neighborhood gave me a second
glance, or made advances or blandishments.

Later, we had occasion to drive Through a white neighborhood, college oriented, also with families on their front porches or lawns, people walking and groups of young white males chilling on the corners or walking along. I wasn't afraid there.

What has led me to believe that somehow the color of the community defines it's character?

Could it be the media reports that one in three black males has a criminal record, that the black people in America are hooked on drugs, that crime rates for blighted neighborhoods are astronomical or that black gangs rule the streets of neighborhoods..

But I prejudged that particuliar neighborhood without any information about it at all.

We have similar situations here in Southern California. We even joke about skipping the first 15 minutes of local TV news because we don't want to see the parade of non-whites going to jail. In their eagerness for ratings the media do not care about the lasting impression their racial reporting causes.

Then there are the "connected" whites whose crime's never make the news. I grew up in a predominently white area, but partially by accident as well as on purpose we got to know our neighbors in less advantaged areas of town.

No matter how sincere, I think each of us have some kind of prejudice deep down. I've read the first step is tolerance for those who are different from ourselves. Then, I think if we make a concerted effort to befriend those from backgrounds different than ours we can reduce our prejudice.

It is a very real problem for me too, and frankly I do not like to go to any unfamiliar place for the first time at night. Two years ago I was mugged a block from the State Capitol in Sacramento at the airport bus stop in early evening. Both muggers were anglo, and without ID, I spent some time in a homeless shelter. That was a lesson I only need one time. Thank you.

Last edited:
Is that your picture? If so, you are so cute! IMO you are a very smart young man and I hope that you will continue to see people as they truly are rather than what you see on a tv screen. Not all non-white people are prone to violence in fact the majority are hard-working, law-abiding citizens and have also been subjected to crime related incidents. It's sad for me to admit but where I live which is the Derby City, there is a crime committed EVERY SINGLE DAY. All I can advise you to do is watch your back and trust in the Lord, which is what I do. May God Bless.

Is that your picture? If so, you are so cute! IMO you are a very smart young man and I hope that you will continue to see people as they truly are rather than what you see on a tv screen. Not all non-white people are prone to violence in fact the majority are hard-working, law-abiding citizens and have also been subjected to crime related incidents. It's sad for me to admit but where I live which is the Derby City, there is a crime committed EVERY SINGLE DAY. All I can advise you to do is watch your back and trust in the Lord, which is what I do. May God Bless.

My avatar is the only picture I had that is Internet ready, so I used it, and have not heard the end of it since.

I take your words most seriously. Skin color, gender etc... have nothing to do with good people and bad people. We should all look to the Golden Rule as a way to live our lives. I will take your advice. Thank you for your kind words.

Forum List

Back